• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Mix

Hope it's the halo 3 one. Loved the clash. I'm not sure if the reach melee counter would be good or not. It never felt consistent.

It'd be cool if a melee counter would break your weapon on hand.

that would be a cool idea. If you melee counter with an assault rifle it splits it in half and drops out of your weapon slot, switching to your secondary or something like that.

Mistel

Banned
I wonder if the Halo 2 Anniversary SMG is meant for Halo 5? I mean, re-using models is quite possible, isn't it?
If they were going to bring it back I wouldn't be surprised if they did use a very similar model to the one they've got in H2A multi.

I hope Halo 5 doesn't either. Or Halo 6. Or any Halo game from this point onwards.

That's what happened in both Halo 2 and 3. From the front = beatdown, from the back = ninja

I think he knows, he was just pointing it out to establish that no assassination medal for assassinations probably means no assassinations.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Awwww but I really like the mechanic.....

If anything, just like after reach beta i suggested they make it optional in the controller menu (and no one listened... something i was not surprised with)

Some people like it but i constantly do it by accident when just attempting to tap someone. Drives me insane because i like to kill someone then disappear into the environment. But instead i get taken into a third person view (eww) then it exposes me for way too long and i get burnt far too often.

Mix

If they were going to bring it back I wouldn't be surprised if they did use a very similar model to the one they've got in H2A multi.
I don't know, it looks different to me...
vy0iA1r.png

I hope Halo 5 doesn't either. Or Halo 6. Or any Halo game from this point onwards.
Agreed, it had it's day.

The amount of times I've been in a pack of enemies and meant to do a quick beat down, but got caught doing the full assassination thing (and getting killed before I could even finish the kill) is absurd.

Perhaps leave it in customs as an option, like the enable/disable head shots option.

Blueblur1

Those weapon models leave much to be desired. Especially that Rocket Launcher. There's no reason to change the Rocket Launcher but there they go 343-ing it up.

Havoc2049

What does everyone think of the plasma grenade graphics in H2A? To me it now looks like a wizard's blue fireball that belongs in a fantasy game instead of a plasma grenade in a sci-fi game.

Blueblur1

Cross-post from the thread thread:

Source: https://twitter.com/JumPeRJumPzZ/status/501137202060201985

I saw the Custom Games lobby on-screen during the stream at some point and ended up wondering if I actually saw the player list on the bottom of the screen. Sure enough, there it is.

I really wonder why 343 is so averse to putting the player list on the right like Halo 2 did and every other modern games currently does. I really want to know why.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Those weapon models leave much to be desired. Especially that Rocket Launcher. There's no reason to change the Rocket Launcher but there they go 343-ing it up.

Well... i'm hoping that rocket launcher is a homing (laser trace) and the double barrel still exists as a straight shot

^^^ i want to agree, too. I much prefer the H2/H3 lobby system. It's very very clean. I just wished they'd take that and expand on it... primarily fleshing out the game settings/lobby status area which i thought was not used as well as it could have been.

blamite

I agree to a point, but it really just looks like an SMG with a crazy amount of detail and super high poly count. Look at the AR, too.
GxiJCWo.png

EDIT: Actually, here are all the weapons from the ViDoc incase someone hasn't seen them all yet...

Honestly, change the beige part of the AR with dark gray/black, and change the BR scope and color scheme back to what they were in H4, and I'd think these were pretty perfect. I actually love the look of the new SMG. The rocket launcher is pretty boring looking, and I'd prefer the old model back, but I'm wiling to accept it for what it is sine I'm assuming from the appearance that it's a totally different, single-shot model, so it needs to be clearly differentiated fro the old one.

Mix

5J2Gy1y.jpg

The one used in the MP is apparently the Halo 3 model, which could just be a place holder until they bring over the new one we've seen in campaign footage.

A lot of the weapon models have changed since this was taken, most notably the Sniper Rifle so it's possible the SMG model in this shot is place holder.

Fotos

Would anyone else like more weapon skins? I'd actually really like a skin system like counter strike. After a game you have the chance of getting a weapon skin drop or a case.

I guess it's kind of like the destiny drop system where you get gear after a game and you have a chance of getting rare items.

You could also have a feature on the Halo Channel or in Halo 5 that allows you to make your own skins and like/dislike other skins. Then the highest rated have a chance of getting put into the game.

Madness

What's crazy is, so many spoke of Halo feeling old without things like sprint, ADS, loadouts, armor abilities etc. And yet for the past few days, I've seen not only casual but high level play without any of that in a sense, and not only is the game play new, competitive, but also fun. Everyone who's played H2A has said it's great and they can't wait.

Last night, the finals were getting 14k viewers on twitch, imagine if it was a larger tournament, more US teams and at a better time as well.

Top Bottom