• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Skyward Sword added sprint and had an even bigger install base and its sales were some of the lowest in franchise history

so its not just sprint...
its sprint and armor abilities/perks. Next time you'll know better, Nintendo
Nintendo can waggle my nunchuck if they want my Link to roll.. Screw that noise.

Speaking of Zelda, Halo needs its bow and boomerang:
turok-dinosaur-hunter-bow-and-arrow-cutscene.JPG
%D0%97%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D0%9A%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%B0-%D0%92%D0%BE%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2-%D1%81%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%BB-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0-618556.jpeg
And speaking of Turok, Halo needs its Cerebral Bore.
This weapon would fit right in with Halo's aim assist.

Enfinit

No but let's be honest. We were all in the dark about what Halo 4 actually was until it leaked and everyone was going to give it a chance. Even some GAF members played it and praised it. IDK if H5 gets that same chance, especially with DLC which you NEVER see in H4 anymore.
I bought the DLC season pass when the game launched, and there are still DLC maps I've never played. Probably because I don't play the game anymore.

Sprint is unnecessary.

On the small maps you can get around quick enough without it.

On the big maps you use vehicles, Teleporters, mancannons.

You just don't need it.

Welfare

New page new topic I'd say.

Descope in Halo 5 is more important than No Sprint in my opinion. What was the design purpose behind replacing it with flinch anyway?

course they put the brotha in a pair of rollerskates. Drunk ass Tony must have installed that shit before he became a hobo
He also had to expand the metal panties to accommodate "lil Rhodey".

RE: Halo, safe bet that sprint is staying. Hopefully it's a toggle that can be turned off this time.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I guess its time to swarm the map with teleports and mancannons.

Would be alright, but sometimes even those don't help.

It's like:
Walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, mancannon!, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, shoot, die.

Spawn.

Walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, mancannon!, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, shoot, die.

lilty

Well sometimes you spawn in the very back of a BTB map when the fighting is at the opposite end and all the vehicles are gone.

/salt.

I agree that sprinting helps this problem, but it doesn't solve it. Even with sprint it's annoying as hell to run from one end of a BTB map to the other.

It's like:

Spawn.

remember when you used to spawn with SMGs too

rolling around Coagulation waiting to get picked off

Less is more.

except when more is more

ibcj6qAijLN4E9.gif

You're right Deadly, Halo's movement is too slow. We should be walking much faster by now, balanced by weapons that have faster potential kill times and take more skill to use.

Sprint though? Unnecessary if the base speed is good and there are teleporters/mancannons around the map. Halo 2&3 had a good mix, but getting to them felt too slow. Nobody's asking for Quake/UT levels of speed, but faster than what we've seen from H2A.
This is still incredible hahah

It's like:

Spawn.

I think you move less using them rather than walking/running all over the place.

Welfare

20 crappy maps with Forerunner ships in the background and SPACE LORE or 10 good tight maps.

YOU CHOOSE, HOMEBOYD. YOU CHOOSE.
damnwhoa
15 campaign maps that are decent. You get tight maps, and lore.

But seriously, if those 7 maps in the beta are the only 4v4 maps at release, I'm dissapointed. 10 small maps, 10 big maps. Everyone is happy!

Homeboyd

15 campaign maps that are decent. You get tight maps, and lore.

But seriously, if those 7 maps in the beta are the only 4v4 maps at release, I'm dissapointed. 10 small maps, 10 big maps. Everyone is happy!
Uhh, if MCC has over 100 maps... then Halo 5 should have even more. 200+ even.

GoDs DeMoNaToR

Neo Member

Descope in Halo 5 is more important than No Sprint in my opinion. What was the design purpose behind replacing it with flinch anyway?

So when I have a sniper and am getting shot at I can noobishly put two shots into the opponents body instead of skillfully no-scoping his ass in the face.

Yay for no gag reflex!

Do people object to hit markers? I personally see them as handy visual feedback, when it's sometimes difficult to tell whether you are hitting an opponent.
Hit markers are necessary if the game's audio visual feedback alone isn't enough to convey that you are in fact dealing damage. I don't know about you, but the audio visual feedback of Reach's shields were done so well that hit markers would have felt redundant.

Hit markers also create a problem when used with grenades. Say you're trying to flush out an enemy but you don't know where they are, so start throwing nades and you score a hit that doesn't kill. With hit markers, you now know where the enemy is and are put in the advantageous position purely by guesswork. Without hit markers, the enemy still has the element of surprise, can make a tactical retreat without being seen, or hold their ground without their position being given away.

On the other hand, hit markers are useful in an online environment where latency makes weird shit happen and audio visual feedback just isn't enough.

-Ryn

Banned

The only reason I can really think of besides change for the sake of it is to better emulate ADS without actually doing it.

Nintendo can waggle my nunchuck if they want my Link to roll.. Screw that noise.

Speaking of Zelda, Halo needs its bow and boomerang:

And speaking of Turok, Halo needs its Cerebral Bore.

This weapon would fit right in with Halo's aim assist.
You excited for the next Legend of Zelda?
I never played Turok. Heard it was terrible.

Couple random doodles:

iPiD2Oyl2J48i.png
Looks good dude.
Can't wait to see them realized.

The last time I had fun competing was that time I played against an elementary school t-ball team.

The parents yelled at me for shoving their precious children to the ground each time I hit a home run, but goddamn it was a blast and totally worth the restraining order.
Roller skates instead of sprint. Good enough for 80's Iron Man, good enough for modern day Halo.

rollerskatescwukn.png
ibxpg1hoc5wvthayk2r.gif

remember when you used to spawn with SMGs too

rolling around Coagulation waiting to get picked off

except when more is more

ibcj6qAijLN4E9.gif
babyscared.gif

Seriously! It has to be drugs!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I got around to watching the Gamescom finals and that