• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Nowise10

did Halo 4 end with a QTE or was I just imagining things

Halo 4 did indeed end in a Quick Time Event. You Used LT in a cutscene to put a pulse grenade into the Didacts Armor, and then hit RT to explode the nuke in a crawling animation. Which this is probably the best time to talk about this, but I was also slightly puzzled by the Chiefs arms in the cutscene. They don't physically line up to his shoulders, and are like attached to his ears.

cOGCXhi.png

Computron

Halo 4 did indeed end in a Quick Time Event. You Used LT in a cutscene to put a pulse grenade into the Didacts Armor, and then hit RT to explode the nuke in a crawling animation. Which this is probably the best time to talk about this, but I was also slightly puzzled me, is the Chiefs arms in the cutscene. They don't physically line up to his shoulders, and are like attached to his ears.

Deadalus and/or SubZeroStarbukz, you know what needs to be done.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Do you guys think we'll have in-game ladders/divisions/leagues for Halo MCC?

With the incorporation of the esports channel in the Halo media channel, I would love for there to be a Starcraft II-style league/ladder system that tracks your progress and overall multiplayer career seasonally.

ToughLadder.jpg

So my friend who's in med school read the discussion on inverted and this is what he had to say:
So when anyone debates about inverted/normal controls on the Y-axis of controls. It's actually more intuitive to play inverted. Based on basic physiology.

First, when your head tilts forward you look down, naturally, and head tilts back you look up. On a deeper level, we have superior rectus muscle which is located on top our eyes, When they superior rectus muscle pulls back its results in our eyes looking up same thing for the inferior rectus which pulls on the bottom of our eyes which results in a downward gaze. Think of your joystick like the superior and inferior ocular muscles, which tense up and contract in the opposite direction pulling the eyes in the desired direction for the movement of the eyes.
#TeamInverted --
pre-
Doctor approved.
In his speech during AotCR, none of it means anything anymore.
Greg Bear did a fantastic job answering the fan questions about that cutscene in Silentium.
What scene are you guys referring to?

wwm0nkey

If this doesn't help Murder Miners population I don't know what will. I actually saw yesterday that Gandhi and Maven were playing with some big youtubers playing this game. I think over 6 Million subs worth of people and I don't know if the population raised a bit from that.

They REALLY need a ranking and Matchmaking system and a few other things. That old promo ad being deleted probably helped a bit too since it was fucking awful.

Halo 4 did indeed end in a Quick Time Event. You Used LT in a cutscene to put a pulse grenade into the Didacts Armor, and then hit RT to explode the nuke in a crawling animation. Which this is probably the best time to talk about this, but I was also slightly puzzled by the Chiefs arms in the cutscene. They don't physically line up to his shoulders, and are like attached to his ears.
And don't forget that the Pulse Grenade in that cutscene didn't act like a Pulse Grenade, it just exploded.

I am dead now. I have been murdered.

Fuchsdh

So my friend who's in med school read the discussion on inverted and this is what he had to say:

#TeamInverted --
pre-
Doctor approved.

What scene are you guys referring to?

"Last time, you asked me, if it was my choice, would I do it? Having had considerable time to ponder your query, my answer has not changed." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7wU1fpDYvQ

The idea that the Master Chief was a reincarnated Forerunner, et al was certainly an idea discussed among fans at the time and before the Reclaimer Trilogy, although how "widespread" that idea was is sort of a pointless question to try and answer. Before Halo 2 there were a lot of crazy theories that I really love rereading—among them that Cortana went rampant or was host to a hostile AI at the end of the game, that the Forerunner's survival as a species had depended on the Flood, which is why they kept them around for study… the Halo.bungie.org Story Archives are great if you've never read them.

Finally recording Reclaimer Radio Episode 2 today, should be out by the end of the week (now in beautiful lossless audio!), barring any technical difficulties.

shit ton of technical difficulties going on right now, but still well on track to be done by the end of the day

I always assumed that Guilty Spark was telling Chief that he had Forerunner DNA marking him as Reclaimer, not necessarily reincarnated or an actual Forerunner.

I tried reading some of the Halo books, but found Fall of Reach to be too dull for my liking and never wanted to read more about the lore outside of the games. I'd prefer it if the major stuff was told through the games (which includes reading Terminals that are only accessible in-game) and the ancillary stories were told through the books, but now the opposite seems to be the case. :-(

daedalius

Zooming in on background art in a comic is kind of lame, but at the same time, I wouldn't think the background art would be that poorly done.

Maybe its because I haven't been on deadline for a comic before that I think they should take longer on those! If I was going to draw background stuff that loosely, I'd obscure the fuck out of it with environmental effects.

I always assumed that Guilty Spark was telling Chief that he had Forerunner DNA marking him as Reclaimer, not necessarily reincarnated or an actual Forerunner.

I tried reading some of the Halo books, but found Fall of Reach to be too dull for my liking and never wanted to read more about the lore outside of the games. I'd prefer it if the major stuff was told through the games (which includes reading Terminals that are only accessible in-game) and the ancillary stories were told through the books, but now the opposite seems to be the case. :-(

No, Chief did not have Forerunner DNA. In Dietz's novel, the Covenant accidentally let loose the Flood which activated GS whose directive it was to destroy Halo as to not allow the Flood to leave the ring. Since Chief survived the first onslaught before coming into contact with GS, GS just assumed he was a Reclaimer, mistakenly assuming Chief was hunting for the Key.

Fast forward to the library and Chief discovers the body of a dead marine that had made it a couple of levels into the library before dying. That basically means that GS didn't care who was a Reclaimer since anyone who made it past the Flood could retrieve the Key.

Really it was all by coincedence that Master Chief was in the position that he was in in Halo 1.

If no DLC, last remake has to be waterworks. 343 loves rocks.

I would rather that be saved for halo 5. Halo 2A's MP is only 6 maps & I feel serves as a snack to bite on till halo 5 which will have a much longer life span(if its good). I would rather have waterworks there (ノ゚ο゚)ノ 

Mix

No, Chief did not have Forerunner DNA. In Dietz's novel, the Covenant accidentally let loose the Flood which activated GS whose directive it was to destroy Halo as to not allow the Flood to leave the ring. Since Chief survived the first onslaught before coming into contact with GS, GS just assumed he was a Reclaimer, mistakenly assuming Chief was hunting for the Key.

Fast forward to the library and Chief discovers the body of a dead marine that had made it a couple of levels into the library before dying. That basically means that GS didn't care who was a Reclaimer since anyone who made it past the Flood could retrieve the Key.

Really it was all by coincedence that Master Chief was in the position that he was in in Halo 1.

We do not speak of Deitz's Flood.
But you also have to acknowledge Chief's Geas which was put into effect by the Librarian herself.

We do not speak of Deitz's Flood.
But you also have to acknowledge Chief's Geas which was put into effect by the Librarian herself.

Didn't know his novel was viewed so negatively. I liked it a lot at the time but I can understand the reservations against it.

As far as the Geas is concerned, and having only looked through Halopedia since I only played up to Halo: Reach and only read through Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, I assume that the Librarian had this geas planned pre-Halo for MC although the information suggests that the geas was only inacted after the activation of the ring which would have been after MC's journey through the library.

Do you guys think we'll have in-game ladders/divisions/leagues for Halo MCC?

With the incorporation of the esports channel in the Halo media channel, I would love for there to be a Starcraft II-style league/ladder system that tracks your progress and overall multiplayer career seasonally.

http://www.sc2blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ToughLadder.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
This would really be cool. I can see it updating in real-time on the Halo Channel as a ticker or occasional filler.

Well, I witnessed how a bunch of spiders ate the fleas plague we had in one of ours field, now we are going to move all the grass to burn them all

Okay, I understand better now. So it was also kind of a coincidence that the super-soldier formula allowed The Librarian to update his body to resist the Composer?

Fuchsdh

Okay, I understand better now. So it was also kind of a coincidence that the super-soldier formula allowed The Librarian to update his body to resist the Composer?

The idea is that the Spartans are the next stage of the evolution of man as the Librarian foresaw and/or planned, and the Librarian tinkered with Chief to unlock 15% more potential than the placebo, including an immunity to the Composer.

The immunity makes me think the Composer has some software limitations or is designed solely to target certain lifeforms. But obviously with the new issue of Escalation
the Didact can't get enough of them!

Chief being "the chosen one" was coincidental in the sense that the Librarian laid a framework that would eventually spawn an ace-in-the-hole that could start humanity's next step from an evolutionary standpoint, and that ace happened to be the Chief. When the Librarian taught Chief how to Armor Lock, one of the mutations apparently gave him an immunity to the Composer in the sense that it wouldn't outright digitize him - it still hurts, based on the cutscene.

Top Bottom