• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

I don't really know how this works but would it be hard to change the lighting of Lockout to that blue one? Would it take a lot of time or is it a relatively easy fix?

Depends *why* it's orange, I suppose. If it's as simple as changing the color of the light source, I don't see why not, but if they've got the whole thing baked in it could be tougher. Still, with 2 months until launch, I think they could pull it off if they so chose.

Obviously, the above is just guesswork.

I will wait to judge until I see gameplay but I don't understand the heavy use of browns in all these maps. This muted color tone sucks. I miss the bright colors. I mean look at Pitfall, just terrible.

I will wait to judge until I see gameplay but I don't understand the heavy use of browns in all these maps. This muted color tone sucks. I miss the bright colors. I mean look at Pitfall, just terrible.

Yes... all these maps are much more brown.

halo_2_ascension.jpg
Wait.

Protip: Halo 4 was Halo Reach + Halo 2.

Halo 2's colorations were heavily dominated by greens, browns, purples and grays and were largely muted / faded compared to Halo CE's more "balanced" variation on the green-purple-steel blue cobalt trinity.
Halo Reach had more warm "bassy" colors.

Halo 2 Anniversary is using the Halo 4 engine, so it's going to be something like 85% Halo 2, 15% Halo Reach.

belushy

Banned
Guessing the ice is a one time use. Could come in handy but I'm sure people will just shoot it off the start so they don't risk getting killed by it later.

blamite

Fuck, I guess now that I have a job and the MCC looks really good (and there's a small glimmer of hope for H5), I have no choice but to buy an Xbone, huh? Oh well...

New Lockout looks mostly pretty good, although I don't like the addition of actual Flood forms to the shotty hallway and I kind of hate the destructible glacier thing. Whatever, it looks pretty awesome otherwise.

Also I just had the hilarious realization that MCC will have 3 Blood Gulches and 2 Valhallas. Welp.

Well the video sure looks far better than the "brown" screenshots. I'm quite happy with the aesthetic of this remake.

Yep. I still wish they would tone it down a bit, but not as bad as I thought it would be.

I'm pretty excited about H2A's multiplayer, I thought it would be terrible and it doesn't look too bad. Nice job 343.

Edit: here's a link to JUST the b-roll for Lockout http://t.co/tcvFBxZ4dy

Yep. I still wish they would tone it down a bit, but not as bad as I thought it would be.

I'm pretty excited about H2A's multiplayer, I thought it would be terrible and it doesn't look too bad. Nice job 343.

It's going to be very interesting to see where the main population groups are and which one(s) I/friends settle down with. I've a feeling H2A is going to draw some solid attention.

Ampoc

Neo Member
My goodness Lockout looks sexy mmmmm. Even though Lockout was remade three times now (including H2A) it 100% deserves it.

Hands down best Halo map. Ever. Of all time.

Also, dat skybox.

Madness

H2A disables button glitches?!

H2A > H2 confirmed.

Halo 2 Anniversary is based off of a modified Halo 4 engine, so not possible to do the same button glitches or cheats.

It all depends on the last map, and how forge is. 6 maps can't really sustain for too long. They'd need some forge remakes of say CE, 3 or other maps and then I can see H2A be viable for the long run. Otherwise, the full Halo 2 multi-player suite, in 60 fps and updated resolution just too tempting.

I too think that the glitches should have been fixed. But it depends on what they found regarding what most of the players wanted. Do people here want the glitches in or would you have preferred then removed?

Halo 2 Anniversary is based off of a modified Halo 4 engine, so not possible to do the same button glitches or cheats.

It all depends on the last map, and how forge is. 6 maps can't really sustain for too long. They'd need some forge remakes of say CE, 3 or other maps and then I can see H2A be viable for the long run. Otherwise, the full Halo 2 multi-player suite, in 60 fps and updated resolution just too tempting.

I too think that the glitches should have been fixed. But it depends on what they found regarding what most of the players wanted. Do people here want the glitches in or would you have preferred then removed?

If I start to get bored of H2A I could simply go to Halo 3...or Halo 1.

This is, like, the best game ever.

darthbob

I'm for the button glitches, such as BXR, BXB, RRXYYRRX, et al. They require a degree of skill and are available for all players to utilize and doesn't significantly alter the game IMO.

Plus, it's what made MLG Halo 2 interesting.

Madness

If I start to get bored of H2A I could simply go to Halo 3...or Halo 1.

This is, like, the best game ever.

Yeah, that's the best part of the unified menu and all of them on one disc. You're literally a few button presses away from playing the other games. Tired of 4v4 team slayer in Halo 2, go play BTB in Halo 3 at full 60 FPS.

Will the Canadian version of MCC have French on the back cover? Please let me know and I'll drive down and get a copy from the states. I don't mind the extra $10 Canadians have to pay on games now, but I hate when games and Blu-rays have the bilingual French on them

defghik

My goodness Lockout looks sexy mmmmm. Even though Lockout was remade three times now (including H2A) it 100% deserves it.

Hands down best Halo map. Ever. Of all time.

Also, dat skybox.

This is the first time it's gotten a proper remake. They completely butchered Blackout, and Shutout was a Forge map.

Definitely not the greatest Halo map ever though, at least not for team slayer games - with good players, slayer games just devolve into standoffs 90% of the time. I JUST got done playing an MLG TS game on Lockout so this is fresh in my mind - with about 6 minutes left, and the score tied at 36, the game grinded to a dead halt. We were set up at snipe tower with the sniper in our hands, they were set up at BR tower, and because it's so easy to cover all possible angles of attack, any push is unlikely to succeed. This means the best strategy for both sides is to camp, throw nades across the map, and shoot pot shots hoping to get lucky. The game finished with a score of 42-40 (we lost).

I actually like the map quite a bit, I guess it's a nice change of pace from the rest of the small maps that tend to be more free flowing, but I always thought it was overrated because of the tendency for the game to grind to a halt.

Ramirez

I really do not like the gun audio in H2A, hope it's placeholder. I haven't played 4 in ages, but the sniper sounds like what I remember the shotgun being in 4.

Madness

Didn't they re-record all the audio/sounds at Skywalker Sound in California? I can't wait to see high level play on Lockout at PAX hopefully.

So Reach is free next month. Can we get a playlist update?
hahahahaha
I am to excited to be critical. Probably been answered before but will you be able to pre load in advance. There are a multitude of people ready to dominate me so the sooner I get in the sooner I get my head taken off.

Frank might answer this for absolute clarity, but I would be shocked if the game didn't support preload. Preloading is currently available on the platform (Destiny is already downloaded on my box) and it's just up to the publisher if they want to have preload available. I have no idea why any publisher of a AAA title would not allow preloading, let alone MSFT's own first party games.

-------------

Screens looked whack, but Lockout looked really nice in that video.

Top Bottom