• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Madness

Sorry, we can't even afford going to all 3 major game shows with our current revenues, so PAX is simply not an option for us.

That was you guys? Thanks anyways for the vids you did put out from Gamescom. Was crazy seeing what 1080p/60fps footage actually looked like for Halo.

Lockout looks pretty good although I wish I didnt see that gif.. I also agree that some decent forge makes will have to be in MM for H2A just to break up the map play & prevent fatigue of the game. I know there are 4 other halo games in there but none of them will be as polished as H2A Imo.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
H2A looks so damn good. Like others have said, I hope they go above and beyond with Forge so the MP has longer legs.

Madness

Just keep watching the Lockout video, now tell me why, in any way, is sprint needed in Halo? The fast movement speed is great. How would sprint benefit in any way? My only gripe now would be to grenade indicators, damage indicators that clutter the screen in a sense, and the old H4 bland medals.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just keep watching the Lockout video, now tell me why, in any way, is sprint needed in Halo? The fast movement speed is great. How would sprint benefit in any way?
Seeeeriously.

And I'm willing to bet that the grenade indicators, hit markers, medals, and Steitzer voice are just placeholder.

Just keep watching the Lockout video, now tell me why, in any way, is sprint needed in Halo? The fast movement speed is great. How would sprint benefit in any way? My only gripe now would be to grenade indicators, damage indicators that clutter the screen in a sense, and the old H4 bland medals.

Not biased at all mate :) of course no sprint works for small maps like Lockout. totally happy with the setup too. That said, now show me a big map with Halo vehicles and 4v4, 5v5 or 8v8 and tell me sprint doesn't suit. Especially if loadout plasma pistol and stickies are removed.

Apples and oranges.

klodeckel

Banned
Seeeeriously.

And I'm willing to bet that the grenade indicators, hit markers, medals, and Steitzer voice are just placeholder.

From what I've played so far, the bold parts actually are very good and healthy changes (I am saying that as someone who spend many hundreds of hours in Halo 2).

Nebula

PLAYLIST UPDATE FOR REACH PLEASE!

all caps because I'm shouting

Also I set up my 360 yet again. Should have set up my PVR with it. Darn.

i63N8ZnCwzYBu.png

I hate humanity sometimes.

More often than I should.

Man that snow and ice on lockout leaves a lot to be desired sometimes. Pretty darn iffy.

Seattle/Washington gets snow sometimes right? It's not all just rain?

Very few games actually get snow correct.

Lockout looks like a blast, and visually it looks better in motion.. but it's still far too orange, and it lacks that cold, desolate and mysterious atmosphere of the original. I just loved the way the Lockout looked and felt.. I just think this needs another art pass, blue it up a little. Maybe add some fog, or an icy mist. Something.

All I am saying is new Lockout needs to be like Tobias and blue itself.

Nebula

Really wish more weapons were on map in BTB. No love for the Gravity Hammer at all.

Boot system needs to be updated to include killing blows as well. Been killed 3 times by one guy in this game but I can't boot because he's waiting for me to be weakened a lot before popping me.

-Ryn

Banned
Can't wait to play Anniversary. Lockout looks lovely. 1 more sleeps.

The recent Reclaimer Radio was cool guys. Keep it up.

That helmet was huge on you Frankie. Look forward to seeing the final build.

So many ice buckets. Such cold. Much charity. Awareness is great.

Haha. I'm still planning on getting a kinectless bundle, but wanted to partake in the kinect goodness without spending an extra 150 dollars in october.
halo-fistbump.jpg

But what super advanced alien species would be living in concrete and stone that ages ungracefully with time? Technical limitations had to do with some of those designs, sure, but to continue to make Forerunner architecture so grounded in our reality is less exciting than what we've seen from Halo Wars and 343.

And Halo 2 Forerunner architectures were by far he worst IMO.
While I don't think everything should be moss covered and overgrown, I think that having everything be pristine and untouched is boring. There needs to be contrast. It'd be cool to see areas that look ancient. Like there's a story to be told in these ruins. Not that they need to be all falling apart but just having some variety would be good.

The designs in Halo Wars are some of the best in the series imo. Even some of Halo 4 was really good like the floating pillars (that reveal when you're leaving the wreckage on Requiem was beautiful and easily the most memorable moment for me from Halo 4). Halo 3 was a great example of less is more though in terms of design.

Man that snow and ice on lockout leaves a lot to be desired sometimes. Pretty darn iffy.

Seattle/Washington gets snow sometimes right? It's not all just rain?

Very few games actually get snow correct.
I just want maps to have weather effects on them. I was playing Orion Prelude the other day and I was surprised when it started raining. So beautiful...

After years of trying to care about the expanded Forerunner lore I still just can't. It's overly complicated, it uses weird counter-intuitive names for people / places / events that I can never keep track of, and the connections it has to the present day drama of the UNSC, Covenant, and Flood are only mildly interesting. The Forerunners were so much better as a mysterious background prop. Like, sooooo much better.

Edit : And Master Chief being genetically destined to save the galaxy cheapens his character so much. Man, I really don't like new Halo fiction much.
It'd be nice to see Forerunners that don't act like humanity pissed in the Mantle.
The mystery was one of my favorite parts about them. Bungie did a great job giving hints and small bits of info while also keeping it interesting. I think the return of the Forerunners could have worked if 343 had paced it better. Instead it felt rushed and completely out of the blue.

I never much cared for predestined bullshit. Not that it can't be done well but in this case it just takes away from what the characters have done when some random dead person basically claims they are the responsible for all that is. All according to plan you saps.

I'm still hoping to see these designs return
Forerunner_group.jpg

wwm0nkey

Can I just say how happy I am that every single map has a form of "trigger". Using those secondary objectives is going to make these maps stay interesting for a long time and I hope 343 does this for Halo 5 maps as well.

Dub117

No snow in Texas (Certain Affinity).
Well maybe not down there, but I live in Amarillo Texas and we get snowed in at least once a year. And it snows regularly November through February. Texas is a big state. I'd post a pretty funny picture of last winter but I don't know how..

Top Bottom