• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

willow ve

stinkles was the white balance off in those screencaps because:

ad8D9SA.gif

the non-orange one looks so good
Agree. Hopefully it was just a filter?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

http://i.imgur.com/ad8D9SA.gif[IMG]

the non-orange one looks so good[/QUOTE]
Wow, the difference is like night and day. Or day and sunset? Anyways, the whiter one is way better.

jem0208

ad8D9SA.gif

That's what was wrong with the image, not the blurriness, it was weirdly orange.

I really like the Forerunner architecture in 4. Ragnarok is sooo much nicer art style wise than Valhalla. I always thought that previous Forerunner stuff was didn't seem advanced enough for a galaxy spanning super race. I suppose it made sense though considering it was ancient and dead whereas the stuff from 4 was alive.

I prefer that edit of the image too, that being said I don't mind the golden lighting and it does give some nice visual variety to the set of maps. No matter what they go with I'm fine.

defghik

ad8D9SA.gif

Wow, the difference is incredible. It goes from looking kind of ugly to amazing with such a simple change. The blue version actually looks like a true Lockout remake.

So what exactly is added there? A tint filter? Different lighting? Because to be honest I saw the same in a lot of H4 maps.

Maybe I should have clarified so it makes more sense.

The "orange" version of the screenshot came from Gamespot...which I assume was provided by 343. Some people thought it looked too orange, so someone on r/Halo basically just corrected the white balance, and the more "blue" screenshot is just an edit by a fan.

Next remade map for Halo 2 Anniversary is Lockout:

Out in the woods with limited Internet access... but I just wanted to chime in: while graphically it looks good, it has none of the charm and atmosphere of the original. I really wish it has some of the icy fog, and overall sported a more blue hue. I feel like both of these things would be achievable without a drastic overhaul of the work done.

Edit* just saw the color swap gif. That makes a huge difference. 343 please fix.

m23

So looking on twitter, looks like H2A is playable at Fan Expo. Apparently the lines are crazy though, someone said he waited 2 hours. Damn.

Madness

Now that I've seen the White/Blue Lockout version, I can't unsee it. The orange just looks bad in comparison. Hopefully it's something the artists at 343 can take note of and possibly change.

Now that I've seen the White/Blue Lockout version, I can't unsee it. The orange just looks bad in comparison. Hopefully it's something the artists at 343 can take note of and possibly change.
It reminds me of the hang'em high remake, tombstone which was absolutely ugly.

So now that Lockout was revealed, I wonder if they will review the last map at Pax. I'm also interested to see if we finally see some Coagulation gameplay, seems like Lockout would definitely be there.

iFirez

Is there any other events after PAX for 343 to show the others maps before release?

I'm hoping we'll get to see Coagulation ingame but I feel the MP map focus at PAX may be just Lockout. I'm hoping we get atleast one other large map to go with Coagulation for big team/vehicular action remade.

Is there any other events after PAX for 343 to show the others maps before release?

I'm hoping we'll get to see Coagulation ingame but I feel the MP map focus at PAX may be just Lockout. I'm hoping we get atleast one other large map to go with Coagulation for big team/vehicular action remade.
I don't know if 343 will be there, but the Tokyo game show is next month I believe.

Dub117

So now that Lockout was revealed, I wonder if they will review the last map at Pax. I'm also interested to see if we finally see some Coagulation gameplay, seems like Lockout would definitely be there.
Ok I'm busy with school and work, but I thought lockout was the last, because the other was already mentioned but not revealed, or am I drunk?
I am
I loved lockout, I had a ton of fun with blackout and some with the halo 4 remake. I'm pretty excited. My friends are hyped too. I just really want to play sidewinder on live, now, in my veins please.

Fotos

I don't really know how this works but would it be hard to change the lighting of Lockout to that blue one? Would it take a lot of time or is it a relatively easy fix?

Top Bottom