• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wish they'd realize it's not the execution of armor abilities we didn't like but the entire concept at its core that breaks the game.
We have no idea if spartan abilities will be "game breaking", but yeah, recent history doesn't exactly inspire confidence. On the other hand, 343 seems to be rethinking their approach in many ways -- maybe they'll nail abilities this time.

We have no idea if spartan abilities will be "game breaking", but yeah, recent history doesn't exactly inspire confidence. On the other hand, 343 seems to be rethinking their approach in many ways -- maybe they'll nail abilities this time.
Honestly after the perks and stuff I have low confidence in 343.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'll be in the Astro booth all day today. Come say what's up!

Also I'm running on like 12 hours of sleep for the week so forgive me if I say, "who?!" Lol

Also I'm running on like 12 hours of sleep for the week so forgive me if I say, "who?!" Lol

korath-guardians-of-the-galaxy-was-an-avengers-easter-egg-hidden-in-the-score.jpeg

Well maybe not down there, but I live in Amarillo Texas and we get snowed in at least once a year. And it snows regularly November through February. Texas is a big state. I'd post a pretty funny picture of last winter but I don't know how..

TIL it snows in Texas.

Proves how little I know about the USA.

Wish I was there this weekend, it would be good to meet you in person... maybe I will get bored and come down for the Sunday or Monday, who knows!

Have fun at PAX y'all.

HeckFu I miss you already

-Ryn

Banned
Ya know, I've said a lot of things about 343. Many of them not very nice. I gotta give props to them though (and Bungie). They at least keep things interesting. In a time where so many games play it safe, Halo at least tried something new with each entry, for better or for worse. Despite all that's gone down, at least I can say it's been a ride... a very... very crazy ride. In 343's case, they have done a lot to try and earn the good will of the community.

So I'm looking forward to seeing what they've got in store for Halo 5.

On a slightly off topic note, gaming in general seems to be getting better. Luckily indie developers have gotten a lot of success so there's a plenty more variety and new ideas that see the
green
light of day. Things seem to be improving on the AAA side as well, with game studios being able to take more risks (I absolutely hate that AAA is a symbol of budget as opposed to quality though).

Drink that DEW!!

Hey Stinkles, I'm about to splurge on the Amazon.de deal. You wouldn't happen to know if the German MCC comes with English audio/menu's too, right?

From what I understand about region switching, if you change your region over to US, UK, or CA before downloading, you should get the English language version of the game. Not sure, though.

dwells

Can someone please explain to me why Call of Duty gets its own themed console bundle and Sunset Overdrive gets an exclusive white Xbox One bundle, but the rebirth of Xbox's most important franchise, the one that defined the original Xbox and online console gaming as we know it doesn't?

I'm really hoping they're just keeping the Halo console bundle under wraps for some reason. Friend of mine offered me his spare sealed Day One Edition for $349 and I turned it down because I figured an MCC bundle was a sure thing...

Can someone please explain to me why Call of Duty gets its own themed console bundle and Sunset Overdrive gets an exclusive white Xbox One bundle, but the rebirth of Xbox's most important franchise, the one that defined the original Xbox and online console gaming as we know it doesn't?

I'm really hoping they're just keeping the Halo console bundle under wraps for some reason. Friend of mine offered me his spare sealed Day One Edition for $349 and I turned it down because I figured an MCC bundle was a sure thing...

Because this way, if you get a bundle + MCC, you have two games on the system instead of one. This increases the amount of time you're likely to spend on it, which increases the likelihood that you'll buy additional games/accessories, which is where the real money is.

wwm0nkey

Since switches are in all the maps, what do you guys want the last map to be and what would you have its switch or environmental effect do on the map?

For me, Terminal where you can open up a "rain shield" put over the city and have the rain pour in a make visibility limited with-in a range of you.

Since switches are in all the maps, what do you guys want the last map to be and what would you have its switch or environmental effect do on the map?

For me, Terminal where you can open up a "rain shield" put over the city and have the rain pour in a make visibility limited with-in a range of you.

I'd have a switch you can flip that causes another train to go onto the tracks... running in the opposite direction. The next time the train would come through, they collide in a gigantic explosion.

Nailing the timing would be tricky.

Anything with the added element of Razor Hail.

Rev3rb

Waterworks

Entire map gets flooded and everything is under water. Strafing and walking returns to Halo 4 speed.

Let's hope so. I remember reading the previous Halo's all had German audio only.
Do they just give you a download code for the games with the bundle? If so, I think you could switch you region to US or UK, use your code (codes are global I believe) and get that region's version. After you can switch back.

Not 100% on that, but I think that's how it works.

Do they just give you a download code for the games with the bundle? If so, I think you could switch you region to US or UK, use your code (codes are global I believe) and get that region's version. After you can switch back.

Not 100% on that, but I think that's how it works.

Nope, they're discs.

Six Flags wave machine, then.

Well, it's about time. I hope this is on the back button too, like Gears.

Halo's back button layout is different from COD and Gears. A simple chart of plays centered in the middle, with a blerb about game mode/weapon equipped. Don't see them changing it just to FI a minimap. I'm fine with just having it on the load screen.

I will miss the crazy rotating 3D images though.

Obscured

Turf

Coke machine

I'm on board. Can you imagine the quality of the Skywalker Sound recordings of dropping a couple quarters and the can drop (or maybe it should be a crinkly dollar bill that you have to try in the bill validator several times before it works). But it should also be a Mountain Dew machine.

As far as orange vs blue-white lockout, in that gif the blue-white looks better, but it kind of reminds me of walking into an electronics store where all of the TV settings are cranked up. In a quick glance looks awesome, but after a while I feel like my eyes would explode. What it does make me wish for is dynamic lighting and day night cycles on maps, so you could have the midday intense lighting and the sunset orange.

I'm just going to hang out in the shotgun tunnel rocking back and forth in a corner making spooky noises.

Top Bottom