• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

BwOPqtxCMAAXDay.jpg

Menu thing from Pax.
Is that an actual map layout gears-style in a halo game?

Is did reel lyfe?

dwells

Going from Halo 2 maps to remastered Halo 2 maps is going to be incredibly jarring. I can feel it already.

Oh, for sure. I'm just hoping there's a Halo 2-only Team Hardcore playlist and enough people playing it that I can just camp out there.

Also, Frankie, can we get an official "there will be no Halo-themed Xbox One console released this year" statement if that is in fact the case? I'd like to be able to buy my Xbox One ASAP instead of waiting and holding out hope for a Halo bundle if it's not gonna happen.

ELZAR'S BACK, REJOICE MORTALS

In other news, looks like MS don't even know themselves whether that Amazon deal has the game or not. I think I'll just wait for a bundle here, even if that means I won't be getting Destiny.

darthbob

Doesn't make it any less silly considering the new coat of paint. They probably should have changed it. Oh well, not a huge deal.

Wasn't disagreeing with you on the 'silliness' factor.

I'm of the opinion that the H2A maps should have updated map descriptors, but I don't think it's really an issue if they don't.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I missed the Halo 1 LAN era. I can't wait to try out Halo 1 online.
I missed 95% of it. It took me forever to get used to dual analog controls, so it was hard for me to participate early on. And then I didn't get an Xbox till just a few months before Halo 2. I played the hell out of Halo 1 campaign, but barely touched the multi. Can't wait to change that.

Sorry, we can't even afford going to all 3 major game shows with our current revenues, so PAX is simply not an option for us.
Thank you for your services, sir.
Careful. You'll get put on an ignore list.
That's not the feature I activated.
:,D I'm not on ignore?
This must be one of those GAF platinum features that us plebes don't have.
Colossus

Press button to reverse conveyor belts, open windows to crush spartans into a fine gaseous paste
All Maps

Press Button to make the aim assists not so game-breakingly high.
All Maps

Press Button in Halo 1 to make it feel like you're not walking on ice all the time.
All Maps

Stop playing on Sidewinder
All Maps

Press Button to
michael-jackson-moonwalk-o.gif
I would pay an extra $40 bucks to have moonwalking in all 4 games.
Like all things great in gameplay, Halo CE already has you covered:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY7tGiFFuYw
That's why I said
10/10. i cry evertim

thank you hOLAgaf for happy times

Madness

BwOPqtxCMAAXDay.jpg

Menu thing from Pax.

Damn, it's like they read my mind. Gears style layouts, were they could even highlight power weapon spawns is what I said was an option for those who say it's hard for newcomers to learn spawn areas and why global ordnance was a good thing.

Though I'd have also added a separate "help" area where they could go and study them before jumping into matchmaking. Even then, it's semantics. Did anyone honestly have trouble beyond the first day knowing where things are? I also can't be the only one who jumped into forge, or custom mode and ran through maps alone to learn jumps, placements etc.

Thank you for your services, sir.

10/10. i cry evertim

thank you hOLAgaf for happy times

You're welcome.

Damn, it's like they read my mind. Gears style layouts, were they could even highlight power weapon spawns is what I said was an option for those who say it's hard for newcomers to learn spawn areas and why global ordnance was a good thing.

Though I'd have also added a separate "help" area where they could go and study them before jumping into matchmaking. Even then, it's semantics. Did anyone honestly have trouble beyond the first day knowing where things are? I also can't be the only one who jumped into forge, or custom mode and ran through maps alone to learn jumps, placements etc.
Its all about actually putting a bit of time to learn the game.

I think everything we know about H2AMP so far as far as clarity with regards to map control is how they should keep things in the future. I like the idea of having a nominal visual outline of the map up on the loading screen but without displaying weapon spawns - while, in-game, weapon spawns are indicated by an abstract little shape that hovers above the spawn point even when nothing's there, in which case the weapon indicator has an X plastered over it, iirc. It seems like a really smart way to get players to get a feel for routing and the overall scale of said map, while also teaching them weapon spawns to a degree. To learn what weapons actually spawn there (which could vary on a per-gametype or forge variant basis in the first place), they actually have to wait around to see what weapon spawns or be fortunate enough to come across the spawn uncontested. All in all, I feel like it's a really good way to keep a skill curve intact while still giving new players enough encouragement and motivation to keep tabs on all of the spawns.

I think everything we know about H2AMP so far as far as clarity with regards to map control is how they should keep things in the future. I like the idea of having a nominal visual outline of the map up on the loading screen but without displaying weapon spawns - while, in-game, weapon spawns are indicated by an abstract little shape that hovers above the spawn point even when nothing's there, in which case the weapon indicator has an X plastered over it, iirc. It seems like a really smart way to get players to get a feel for routing and the overall scale of said map, while also teaching them weapon spawns to a degree. To learn what weapons actually spawn there (which could vary on a per-gametype or forge variant basis in the first place), they actually have to wait around to see what weapon spawns or be fortunate enough to come across the spawn uncontested. All in all, I feel like it's a really good way to keep a skill curve intact while still giving new players enough encouragement and motivation to keep tabs on all of the spawns.

Give us the option to remove the icons.

Top Bottom