• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Tawpgun

Yes. I still think its kinda hand holdy.
Like don't have it stay on screen no matter what.

What? Those are one of the good additions they made. The problem is they wanted to fix the issue of new players getting dominated by experienced players who knew the spawns. They added the icons which were a great fix. Unfortunately they also made the drops random and added personal ordnance. They went overboard,

But the icons are good. Experienced players will still be able to time the spawns and be there when those weapons come up anyway

Madness

I'll agree with Ragnarok though, this is next gen, more options are never a negative. Give me, as a player, the option to turn things off for myself. How does it harm anybody else if I don't want "comeback kill" medals showing up on screen or have my screen cluttered with other things? I also don't need weapon indicators either.

But if they can't just easily turn them off, then it's a moot point. I'm more thinking about Halo 4, why did I need all that stuff flashed across my screen at all times etc.

Kibbles

Woah there's a new sightline in lockout too. I thought it was just some glitch at first but if you look at 1:00 in the gameplay video on the S2/S3 ramp there is a hole in the floor where you can snipe through to Sword spawn.

Madness

Figured out the beeping too. It's apparently when you switch grenade types. That'll get really annoying if you can't turn it off in audio options. .

Figured out the beeping too. It's apparently when you switch grenade types. That'll get really annoying if you can't turn it off in audio options. .

The main reason it keeps showing up is because when you run out of a grenade type, it auto-switches to your free grenade type, which still prompts the audio cue.

Kibbles

Wait so is the game not playable on the show floor? Only for invitees? I was hoping to get off screen lockout gameplay
edit: Ahh nvm I misread Tashi is at the Astro booth

TheOddOne

Y'all love me, and I love y'all back regardless of age (you know who you are).

343, one more chance, please don't screw it up.
SRl2R1h.gif

Akai__

Y'all love me, and I love y'all back regardless of age (you know who you are).

343, one more chance, please don't screw it up.

No Premium Quality = Not the real Elzar

Figured out the beeping too. It's apparently when you switch grenade types. That'll get really annoying if you can't turn it off in audio options .

An other thing that boggles my mind. Why doesn't Halo have real audio options?

aj1467

No Premium Quality = Not the real Elzar

An other thing that boggles my mind. Why doesn't Halo have real audio options?
I think originally because Marty didn't want them? I recall an interview where he said something along the lines of "if I do my job right then volume options shouldn't be needed"... Or something like that.

Neper

Neo Member
Some of you may already know this:

>> Halo MCC remasters voices in international markets... by removing them!

Microsoft decided to remove localization from Halo 2 Anniversary in the Master Chief Collection for Spanish territories, releasing it in full enligsh. It is absurd that a company like Microsoft with an IP such as Halo does something like that in 2014, so a lot of fans joined their efforts to show them it was a bad mistake.Well, turns out... it worked! We now have official confirmation from 343's Bonnie Ross and Dan Ayoub that they're already working on localization.

rjCbdk.png

Don't ever give up hope! Some possible clarification, Stinkles?

Akai__

Paging Ramirez:

Look, you can either have industry people contribute meaningfully to the forum, or you can create a simple logic barrier that prevents them from ever commenting on anything at all. If I have to be vague, or cagey, that's just the way it is. And it really is either that or complete radio silence.

I won't apologize for it, I can't simply say "no comment" every time someone makes an accurate guess, or a fake leak contains a nugget of truth. However, if you (and I mean the community as a whole) feels that the level of clarity available is a negative, it's actually MUCH easier to not post at all.

It's not like I get paid extra to be insulted and mocked in here. I do it mostly to hurt Ramirez.

lol

Fuck yes!

Homeboyd

Some of you may already know this:

>> Halo MCC remasters voices in international markets... by removing them!

Microsoft decided to remove localization from Halo 2 Anniversary in the Master Chief Collection for Spanish territories, releasing it in full enligsh. It is absurd that a company like Microsoft with an IP such as Halo does something like that in 2014, so a lot of fans joined their efforts to show them it was a bad mistake.Well, turns out... it worked! We now have official confirmation from 343's Bonnie Ross and Dan Ayoub that they're already working on localization.

rjCbdk.png

Don't ever give up hope! Some possible clarification, Stinkles?
Yeah frank already commented on this here. On my phone and it's impossible to search anything on GAF on your phone so I apologize in advance for no link. Basically, they're working on it.

Madness

Frankly, I expect more bad news for Halo CE the closer we get to release.

I think it's because it's the oldest and worst looking game now. Not something they can really show off. Plus, you'll probably have folks gaming side say shit like "the power of the cloud and Xbox one" etc.

Though there is no way they wouldn't show game play before launch. I mean Halo CE, 1080p/60FPS with dedicated servers is one of the big draws of this collection.

BigShow36

yeah but you always expect bad news. You're like bizarro-Dax01

No, I'm like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. It's not a character flaw, it's experience.

Has there been any word on what the netcode for Halo: Combat Evolved will be like yet?

Elephant in the room #1. All I care about is stable netcode; they don't need to touch anything else. Of course, this most likely means the netcode will be questionable, at best.

Frankly, I expect more bad news for Halo CE the closer we get to release.

Now we wait... :/

I think it's because it's the oldest and worst looking game now. Not something they can really show off. Plus, you'll probably have folks gaming side say shit like "the power of the cloud and Xbox one" etc.

Though there is no way they wouldn't show game play before launch. I mean Halo CE, 1080p/60FPS with dedicated servers is one of the big draws of this collection.
They are pimping H2A so hard though, maybe there inst a budget to show HCE

TheOddOne

The first time Elzar mentions that he is coming back and we get the news comes out about no H1 footage till release.

Coincidence? I think not.

I TOLD YOU PEOPLE. THE CURSE IS REAL.

Top Bottom