• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Vooduu

BwJm--QIQAEHCLu.jpg

I'm not sure, but from looking around I haven't heard of a stream.

Edit: I'm pro Halo 4 Chief's look, but I will always want it explained....
....firmware...-grumble-....upgrade...-grumble-....nanites?.....new suit in the past? -rage-

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why not just "The Master Chief Saga" with those friends grouped alphabetically under that one header? Too much unnecessary space being taken up IMO.

Maybe it's just placeholder, but either way I like how they're going back to that design.
That would be way better. But yeah, hopefully it's just an early version now.

I like the placement of the clan tag above the players, too.
I'd rather have clan tags to the left or right of the gamertag -- or just not shown on the roster at all. Either way, it's SO NICE to have a proper active roster back. I just hope each name plate is the same color as the player's Spartan -- that made it so much easier to see who's online at a glance in Reach.

Its gotten to the point where we're just stoked they didn't blow one of the most basic elements of the game.
After such intense negativity surrounding the series over the past few years it's nice to have some positive remarks to make. Let's celebrate it.

-Ryn

Banned
11 AM Pacific
11:00 am Pacific time.
https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/halo-at-pax-prime-schedule
I'm switching back to nights this week but I'm too tired to pull an all-nighter.
Thanks guys
I wish I could fall asleep lol
Not sure what I'm going to do while I wait.
Panel? Is there a stream or anything?

Haven't been following this
I'm not sure if it will be streamed but there will no doubt be little tid bits from it during the panel. I'm really hoping for a RvB reveal of Coagulation and Forge.

Why do I see a lot of people on the internet hate MC's Halo 4 design?...

I actually like it...
jraAzkn.png
I like the design. I think the problem with it is how it was introduced. Would've much preferred it if they had done something like having Chief get it from the Infinity later on in the story as opposed to Cortana taking a page from Metal Gear.

Mix

Chief's new look is retconned into the fiction, Mark VI has always looked like what it does in Halo 4 from a lore perspective. 343 is paying homage to what Chief looked like 10 years ago. same with Halo CEA's chief design and why the old BR is in Halo 2A and not the new one. Homage=/=Cannon

But don't the new comics, yes I know terrible source, sorta go against that?

...man that art... that... unmentionable flying vehicle.... what a waste.

-Ryn

Banned
There is no way you can avoid it? Like if I see someone shooting it, don't you have a few seconds to run out of the way?
I'd imagine that there will some audio cues for it. There was also the small chunk that came down first. The guy had to shoot it a bit more for the whole thing to come down if I recall correctly.

Chief's new look is retconned into the fiction, Mark VI has always looked like what it does in Halo 4 from a lore perspective. 343 is paying homage to what Chief looked like 10 years ago. same with Halo CEA's chief design and why the old BR is in Halo 2A and not the new one. Homage=/=Cannon

The Halo 4 Essential Visual guide says you're wrong.
Also the Halo 2 BR is straight up a completely different weapon than the Halo 4 BR.

aj1467

The Halo 4 Essential Visual guide says you're wrong.
Also the Halo 2 BR is straight up a completely different weapon than the Halo 4 BR.
Also even the halo 3 BR is a different weapon to the halo 2 BR. Both are part of the BR55 line but the H3 BR is a heavy barrelled variant. H4 is the BR85, I believe.

It's just like the ARs and pistols we have seen in each game are all seperate variants of their respective series: MA5 and M6.

Competa

Banned
Also even the halo 3 BR is a different weapon to the halo 2 BR. Both are part of the BR55 line but the H3 BR is a heavy barrelled variant. H4 is the BR85, I believe.

It's just like the ARs and pistols we have seen in each game are all seperate variants of their respective series: MA5 and M6.

In the end, does it really matter ?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'll be making my way to the Halo panel in a few hours (after some Top Pot doughnuts). Who all from HaloGaf is here?

Duncan, you around? Fu? Sai?

-Ryn

Banned
In the end, does it really matter ?
It does if you're a TRUE FAN
/s

Seriously though it's an issue I hope is rectified (i.e. changes like the Grunts and Jackals. There's not really much that can be said about Chiefs armor).

t1409425200z4.png

10:35pm here.

To sleep, or not to sleep,
that is the question.
The question is are we already asleep? Or are you already asleep and this has all just been a dream?
You aren't and it isn't.

Karl2177

Why not just "The Master Chief Saga" with those friends grouped alphabetically under that one header? Too much unnecessary space being taken up IMO.

Maybe it's just placeholder, but either way I like how they're going back to that design.

They aren't in a party together, so it isn't grouping them like that. Reach did the same thing.

Top Bottom