• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I was 100% joking, lol.

I always regarded Halo 4 as the fruit flavored chewable Halo. It's easier to swallow and tastes really good, but you only get half the nutrients you'd get from any other game in the series.
That's a pretty good analogy.

Pfhunkie

Nah, pretty sure it was the opposite, how do you even the playing field for people who don't memorize weapon spawn locations & timers.
If it were that question then it would have been a simple "Put timers above the spawns" answer rather than giving people the ability to call in personal ordinance after getting a certain amount of kills.

If it were that question then it would have been a simple "Put timers above the spawns" answer rather than giving people the ability to call in personal ordinance after getting a certain amount of kills.

we didnt need hand holding timers on the map in the original 4 games... why would they have done that?

casuals need to learn how to play instead of going the CoD route and having everything handed to them

Pfhunkie

we didnt need hand holding timers on the map in the original 4 games... why would they have done that?

casuals need to learn how to play instead of going the CoD route and having everything handed to them
I completely agree; just speaking for what I feel like 343 Industries would have done if that were the "problem" they were trying to solve.

Tzeentch

I know there was awareness that these decisions would be controversial, but did no one really consider how detrimental they'd be?
In my opinion the inability for HaloGAF to have a nuanced discussion about Halo 4 would make it hard to gauge the actual response to its gameplay changes and innovations, at least on this forum.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, but coop makes it less that.

I genuinely enjoyed some of the missions, just as long as I didn't play them alone.
Well it clearly was designed as co-op first, whereas Halo campaigns have been solo first.

If we cut out a third or half of the missions, I think people would have reacted much more positively. The front half just was too much of the same locations with no interesting objective.

I don't Hate Halo 4, but you listed all the worst things about the game as improvements.

The ordnance system killed the need for any map control at all, because anyone could just bring power weapons to themselves. As a result, what was once a characteristically mobile game became completely stagnant. No fighting for sword rooms or rocket hallways... which was kinda always the whole point of Halo since 2001.

As for the flagnum. It's a cool idea, but all it really does is doom flag carriers to certain death unless they sit in a corner while their team defends them from the entire opposing team's inevitable attack, which diverts all the focus away from defending their own flag. It would work in a game with a higher player limit than 16 (or eight in most of Halo's cases). Halo 4's player limit is 16, and 4v4 and 5v5 matches are way more common than 8v8. So...

I always regarded Halo 4 as the fruit flavored chewable Halo. It's easier to swallow and tastes really good, but you only get half the nutrients you'd get from any other game in the series.
You just got kittens'd yo shame on you

-Ryn

Banned
giphy.gif

I have never been happier.
Remember when you guys were married?

All y'all wanting cheap xbones check this out http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-One-Co...ealed-Free-Shipping-In-The-USA-/181513203356?

RIP karl and homeboyd

lol at one of the reviews: "It has the internet built in"

In my opinion the inability for HaloGAF to have a nuanced discussion about Halo 4 would make it hard to gauge the actual response to its gameplay changes and innovations, at least on this forum.

Bullshit. There were discussions, megaposts, blog posts, infographics, detailed issues lists, etc.

The moment I stopped giving a shit about having a real discussion about it was when 343's DLC had achievements for getting ordnance, using armor abilities, and straight up camping. I knew shit wasn't going to change for the rest of the game's lifecycle at the least, so what was the point after that? When I play, I spend the time fucking around with friends almost exclusively at this point.

Pfhunkie

I just can't believe I bought an Xbox One just so that I can play a game I've already been playing for over a decade at a lower resolution and a slower FPS than I can already on my PC with a controller rather than the mouse/keyboard I heavily prefer just because there will be a ranking system.

Never underestimate the power of a ranking system again, 343.

VinFTW

Anybody still blown away by the pro play yesterday?

I know the #weback is so tiring already but I REALLY feel like pro Halo is back.

I can't wait for countless tourneys because I LOVE the Halo community and the good guy pros that participate.

There's def. some tweaks to be made and I hope H5 is pretty close to H2 mechanically but man... blown away. Pax Prime showdown was awesome.

I have a question.

What exactly is the reason behind the Halo 2 Anniversary engine? It's cool that they remastered some levels and modernized the Halo 2 engine; it looks super awesome, but... why? Is it like a sneak peek into what they're going for in Halo 5? It seems like a good deal of effort for such a small portion of a collection.

HTupolev

I thought H2 anni's engine is a modified four one?
Yes. At least at a glance, it's a smaller difference by far than even the previous Halo engine changes that happen within a generation. A lot of the work porting Halo 4 probably transitioned nicely into modifying things for H2A.

Liamc723

I know there's 6 maps being re-made in Halo 2 MP, but what about the other maps that were in Halo 2? Are these maps just going to get the normal 1080p treatment like the other games?

wwm0nkey

I know there's 6 maps being re-made in Halo 2 MP, but what about the other maps that were in Halo 2? Are these maps just going to get the normal 1080p treatment like the other games?
There are 6 maps + forge in H2A MP. In H2 MP it only got the 1080p 60fps treatment.

Top Bottom