• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

aj1467

Me too :-(
I'm playing the crap out of reach big team, team doubles and team snipers before MCC comes out.

Doubt I'll play the multi again once I get MCC. Will keep my 360 set up for campaign runs though. As well as firefight if they don't bring that back in H5.

Pfhunkie

I'm playing the crap out of reach big team, team doubles and team snipers before MCC comes out.

Doubt I'll play the multi again once I get MCC. Will keep my 360 set up for campaign runs though. As well as firefight if they don't bring that back in H5.
You know, that tempts me to do the same. I haven't touched Reach in ages so I bet it would be refreshing to go at it again.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

It'd be my main multiplayer game if I still had a 360. I'm sad to see it put out to pasture thanks to the MCC, but there's so many other options in the MCC that I'll get over it.

10629883_782202048485550_1113846505523157562_n.jpg

tumblr_mo7sossCjz1r6dk8qo1_400.gif

jem0208

If you were forced to play one for the time between now and MCC...

Reach or Halo 4?
4 without a doubt.

Reach feels far too slow. Worst Halo by far imo. I know that's a pretty controversial opinion around here though.

Edit: that elite armour :eek:

Hope that means we see some spartan customization. Although I see no reason why they wouldn't implement that.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I was wondering if we'd get armor permutations in H2A. Sweet. I still wish Elites weren't returning, though.

Edit : Reach Anniversary Slayer is the best Halo currently available on Xbox Live.

Silky

Banned
Halo 3 team doubles has a decent population for a 2v2 playlist but damn there are some killers there.

Also Guardian is a shitty map.

I'll be switching up with 3/Reach fun til November. Can't wait for Reach to be free to invigorate the player base.

I could do with a DLC sale too. :p

Am I crazy or did the visors in H2A multiplayer get a graphical upgrade from Gamescom? At Gamescom they looked like the Halo 4 ones with no reflection, now they look shiny! I know it's petty, but I never liked the way the visors looked in 4, they didn't look like. I always though 3 and Reach looked better in that regard.

Halo 3 team doubles has a decent population for a 2v2 playlist but damn there are some killers there.

Also Guardian is a shitty map.

I'll be switching up with 3/Reach fun til November. Can't wait for Reach to be free to invigorate the player base.

I could do with a DLC sale too. :p

#fail

Blueblur1

Am I crazy or did the visors in H2A multiplayer get a graphical upgrade from Gamescom? At Gamescom they looked like the Halo 4 ones with no reflection, now they look shiny! I know it's petty, but I never liked the way the visors looked in 4, they didn't look like. I always though 3 and Reach looked better in that regard.

Yeah, they were better. There seemed to be a lot of small updates including the Plasma Pistol pick-up animation and the ridiculous screen shaking (which needs to get toned way down!).

Madness

Guardian wants to be Lockout when it grows up. But it never will be. Ever.

It's worse in comparison to Lockout, but give me Guardian over most Reach and Halo 4 maps anyday. I actually hope people can remake Guardian in the new H2A forge, along with tons of other H1/H3 and remaining H2 maps.

Seeing the time and quality they've put into the remasters for H2A makes me wish that they should've just remade every H2 map.

DJ Gunner

It's worse in comparison to Lockout, but give me Guardian over most Reach and Halo 4 maps anyday. I actually hope people can remake Guardian in the new H2A forge, along with tons of other H1/H3 and remaining H2 maps.

Seeing the time and quality they've put into the remasters for H2A makes me wish that they should've just remade every H2 map.

If they had, I believe Halo could make a return to the competitive circuit immediately. People are hungry, and I think this weekend showed just how much.

As a purely objective player...

1 flag relic
2 flag sanc
1 flag, one bomb terminal
Neutral bomb containment
2 flag, king midship
2 flag, neutral bomb waterworks
Oddball Ivory tower
King lockout
1 flag, 1 bomb Zanzibar
1 flag burial mound
King ascension
1 flag, 1 bomb headlong
King beaver creek

Worth the price of admission alone.

Madness

If they had, I believe Halo could make a return to the competitive circuit immediately. People are hungry, and I think this weekend showed just how much.

I think they probably just decided to halve the maps and use others that may have been designed for Halo 5. The way Midship was all rendered and detailed makes me think they probably moved some maps from H2A into H5/H5 Beta.

I just realized today while doing dishes that in only a few months I can finally take my gf from game one to game four in couch co-op (+online buddy) with as little hassle as possible. Neither of them have ever played the campaigns.

Goddamn. This'll be awesome.

Madness

I wonder if the campaign terminals will at least play in game for H4 or whether they'll redirect you to Halo Channel/Waypoint.

Edit: I can't wait to actually see how 60 fps has affected the H4 campaign or even multi-player either. If H3 can look better, imagine H4, especially those campaign vistas.

Blueblur1

Halo multiplayer did kind of get worse with each subsequent game, huh?

Then again H3 was pretty good, IMO. It was the map quality that dropped (in comparison to H2). Regardless, I can't wait to play all of them (minus 4) this November.

I think if they had fixed the quick weapon despawning, and have things like Legendary BR playlists at MCC launch, I wouldn't mind playing a few H4 matches every now and then.

Speaking of H4 quirks, I was reminded of another one a little while ago: the lack of a secondary weapon icon. Sent a tweet on over to Tashi and crew to see if we can get an answer (or at least some attention to the question). I don't imagine it'll impact anything but usability for the end user.

m23

I wonder if the campaign terminals will at least play in game for H4 or whether they'll redirect you to Halo Channel/Waypoint.

Edit: I can't wait to actually see how 60 fps has affected the H4 campaign or even multi-player either. If H3 can look better, imagine H4, especially those campaign vistas.

I really want to see how Forerunner looks. That was my favourite mission in terms of art and atmosphere in Halo 4.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm excited to try out Halo 4 in 1080p / 60 FPS, too. My interest in playing it will be really dependent on its playlist offerings, though. Way more so than the other games.

VinFTW

As a purely objective player...

1 flag relic
2 flag sanc
1 flag, one bomb terminal
Neutral bomb containment
2 flag, king midship
2 flag, neutral bomb waterworks
Oddball Ivory tower
King lockout
1 flag, 1 bomb Zanzibar
1 flag burial mound
King ascension
1 flag, 1 bomb headlong
King beaver creek

Worth the price of admission alone.

Everything. All of it.

So. Many. Memories.

Although I think you're missing an amazing one in 2 flag Colossus. That flag bounce!

I noticed some grey blob blocks on Sanctuary, it's still a WIP so not a big deal, but it made me wonder if that'll be gone in Halo 4 on XBone.

Top Bottom