• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

10629883_782202048485550_1113846505523157562_n.jpg

tumblr_mo7sossCjz1r6dk8qo1_400.gif
No "real" customization? Oh well, better than no Elites. I wonder what the H2A Spartan customization will be like, GIVE ME MARK V.

Madness

What if they don't reveal the last map, and also don't show Zanzibar and Coagulation and want to leave it as a surprise until launch? I think the only reason we even saw Sanctuary and Lockout revealed so in depth were for the tournaments and stream.

As a purely objective player...

1 flag relic
2 flag sanc
1 flag, one bomb terminal
Neutral bomb containment
2 flag, king midship
2 flag, neutral bomb waterworks
Oddball Ivory tower
King lockout
1 flag, 1 bomb Zanzibar
1 flag burial mound
King ascension
1 flag, 1 bomb headlong
King beaver creek

Worth the price of admission alone.

You know with a post like that I think I like...neh...love you now :)

Halo 2 objective is top shelf.

http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2014/08/30/pax-2014-halo-master-chief-collections-lockout-is-better-than-you-remember-it

But if Halo 2’s Lockout feels better than ever, you’re probably wondering what caveats I could possibly have. Well, to be fair, I have one minor observation: This retooled edition of Halo is still a product of 2004, a time when Halo couldn’t sprint, where leveling had nothing to do with unlockables, and a period where proper teamwork and accurate use of power weapons means absolute victory. To be clear, I don’t think Halo 2 needs most of these things, but I still find myself clicking in the left stick to get a burst of speed that wasn’t there. It didn’t exist ten years ago and despite the convincing look of this remake -- one that stands on par with modern shooters -- it doesn’t belong in this game.
No 9.8s unless it's a COD clone.

Honestly, doesn't sound like a complaint to me. He goes out of his way to point out that the game doesn't need it and that it stands up to modern shooters. It's almost like he's justifying something to somebody?
I didn't really say it was a complaint,
I just don't get why he would bother mentioning it in the first place, the whole paragraph was confusing.

Madness

I have a feeling you'll get a lot of those types of articles moving forward in a sense. These journos and reviewers don't even touch the game past the first month, but will champion changes or cry loudly if a game doesn't have something others have. Most of us would like the same movement and no sprint in H5 as well, but you can be damn sure if there is no sprint, you'll get a ton of people say sprint is needed for modern shooters, this is game play "from ten years ago".

I have a feeling you'll get a lot of those types of articles moving forward in a sense. These journos and reviewers don't even touch the game past the first month, but will champion changes or cry loudly if a game doesn't have something others have. Most of us would like the same movement and no sprint in H5 as well, but you can be damn sure if there is no sprint, you'll get a ton of people say sprint is needed for modern shooters, this is game play "from ten years ago".

I dunno about "same movement" (I'd like it to be a little faster, tbh), but otherwise agreed. It's gonna be an uphill battle.

Fuchsdh

343i's Ui is suspect still looking at that image. It seems rudimentary and something is off about it.

Well it's probably still partially placeholder. But from what I've used it definitely seems a step up.

Heading out of Seattle, but got to meet Tupo and Griz here. PAX was fun.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Halo multiplayer did kind of get worse with each subsequent game, huh?

Then again H3 was pretty good, IMO. It was the map quality that dropped (in comparison to H2). Regardless, I can't wait to play all of them (minus 4) this November..

Halo 3 also had poor gametypes

Oddball was really the only one to improve (contesting the ball made no sense whatsoever) but CTF was heavily simplified and its flow was dulled significantly... went from an exciting, edge of your seat grudge match to... meh. Assault... well... assault was absolutely destroyed. (surprising because i always felt there was room for improvement with assault) Good for grifball, bad for everything else. Territories/land grab in H3 were really new gametypes that would have complimented the H2 style. (which was super fun when you pull off comebacks)

That and the UI is still awful in H3... still bothers me to this day when playing games like KOTH when you're red and the other team is blue... the team indicators for scoring will show your team as blue and the enemy as red. (at least for the hill indicator itself)

Halo 3 really shined in slayer, though. It did slayer so well.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
6 maps isn't enough
You'd think this, but I still managed to have fun playing Prisoner, Beaver Creek, Hang'em High, and Damnation over and over in Anniversary Slayer, lol. I think H2A will be my favorite multiplayer in the
MCC, but yeah, it'll get old eventually.

Cow

You'd think this, but I still managed to have fun playing Prisoner, Beaver Creek, Hang'em High, and Damnation over and over in Anniversary Slayer, lol. I think H2A will be my favorite multiplayer in the

Would've loved a midship and warlock remake in there. Theres just so many good maps on Halo 2, hopefully theres some DLC on the way.

Madness

Would've loved a midship and warlock remake in there. Theres just so many good maps on Halo 2, hopefully theres some DLC on the way.

You're getting the Midship remake but it's in Halo 5. As for DLC, don't think it's happening. I'm guessing 343 would prefer you move onto their newer game as opposed to playing their older one. Remember, the beta lasts almost 3 weeks well into January, and then Halo 5 comes out in November.

this might be the truest thing I've heard all day

Which kinda explains Halo 3 MP compared to Halo 2, no offense Fracas
We all know what the best Halo game is:
Murder Miners
Wait till you start 3poppin' peeps.

I wouldn't say that is dumb at all, I thought reach had some really cool armour.
I'm sure 5 will continue the trend of furthering Spartan/Elite custization.

Quality over quantity IMO. Reach was just about perfect.

I doubt Sangheili will be playable in Halo 5 though. Halo 4 seemed like a transition between enemy sets. I feel like they're really going to flesh out the Forerunners (and non-forerunner Prometheans) in Halo 5.

Maybe Locke will be playable in multiplayer?

I think it's time for the Halo series to monetise customisation items for your character instead of paying for DLC maps.

If done right, revenue should be coming in at a consistent basis (people need to be paid for their work after all), and the biggest upside being the community gets to enjoy the maps without being split.

Killzone SF and PvZ are the only two non F2P (that I can think of) titles that have done it so far, maybe TLOU, as the maps are free but after internet outrage.

jem0208

I think it's time for the Halo series to monetise customisation items for your character instead of paying for DLC maps.

If done right, revenue should be coming in at a consistent basis (people need to be paid for their work after all), and the biggest upside being the community gets to enjoy the maps without being split.

Killzone SF and PvZ are the only two non F2P (that I can think of) titles that have done it so far, maybe TLOU, as the maps are free but after internet outrage.

I've been saying this for ages. The current DLC system just doesn't work. I bought Reach DLC and played the maps once then the DLC playlist was too small to bother.

Haven't bought map DLC since because you just never play them.

Madness

I doubt Sangheili will be playable in Halo 5 though. Halo 4 seemed like a transition between enemy sets. I feel like they're really going to flesh out the Forerunners (and non-forerunner Prometheans) in Halo 5.

Maybe Locke will be playable in multiplayer?

I doubt Locke would be playable in MP, but his armor might be available, maybe as an unlock. As for Sangheili, if Arbiter has a role, and we see the Elite homeworld, and Elites are a main part of the story, we could see them for any kind of Elite Slayer modes in MP.

On a related note, if you look at that gif, the medals have slightly changed. If you remember the gamescom build, a sniper kill whether it was a headshot or not, only gave you "sniper kill" medal, now you get a slightly changed "sniper kill", and a headshot medal if it's a headshot. Who knows what they're tinkering with behind the scenes, but it's obvious they do notice and listen to fan feedback.

Agreed.
Reach > 4 when it came to armour and customisation IMO

That looks simply amazing.

It seems like a logical step, will be interesting to see how they handle 5s DLC after seeing how 4s wasn't exactly a success.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
They've done that once with one of the 4 dlc I wonder how well that did?

Personally I would pay if they remade all of the Halo 2 maps for H2A MP. I mean with the 6 that we are getting (no matter what number 6 is) we will be missing, Turf, Headlong, Terminal, Relic, Midship, waterworks. I guess its not as big of a deal since we have them in the original form, but I would love to have them all updated.

willow ve

Personally I would pay if they remade all of the Halo 2 maps for H2A MP. I mean with the 6 that we are getting (no matter what number 6 is) we will be missing, Turf, Headlong, Terminal, Relic, Midship, waterworks. I guess its not as big of a deal since we have them in the original form, but I would love to have them all updated.
Yeah. But unless they're free and required you'll never actually see them in matchmaking.

I remember in Halo 2 DLC maps were free after a couple months. Don't know how successful that was for Bungie, but it was better than splitting the community up

Gears 3 was really fucked up Cruz the people without the DLC couldn't play on dedicated servers. The rare time I would play with a friend with no maps, you could feel the difference immediately. Epic put them mothafuckas in a ghetto lmao

Booties

Banned
So who else doesn't want to play the H2A maps at all? They have all the secondary and tertiary crap that made halo 4 suck like the lighting and sound effects. Just give me a halo 2/3 playlist. They were the best games. CE can have one too, 4 can just get deleted for all I care.

So who else doesn't want to play the H2A maps at all? They have all the secondary and tertiary crap that made halo 4 suck like the lighting and sound effects. Just give me a halo 2/3 playlist. They were the best games. CE can have one too, 4 can just get deleted for all I care.

I'll admit I'm primarily going to play Halo 2/3 but I will happily play H2A purely because it looks great and it'll have the updated Forge stuff for me to have fun with.

Top Bottom