• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

TheOddOne

3 more hours before my work shift ends. must. stay. awake.
giphy.gif

Nebula

One day I'll buy a ticket to good ol' USA and turn up at 343s door and ask why they decided 2 plasma grenades off spawn was acceptable.

Karl2177

I just learned something new this very minute. I loaded up Halo 3 for absolutely no reason other than to listen to the main menu and maybe play a campaign level. I started browsing the internet and forgot about H3. Then a video started to play. I knew that Halo 2 had a video that would play after inactivity, but I never knew that Halo 3 did. I know many of you probably already knew about this, but I certainly didn't. I felt like it was worth sharing. It just seemed weird to me, because I've left Halo 3 menu sit probably dozens of times and this has never happened before.
Base Halo 3 has a different video than Mythic Halo 3 if I remember correctly.

Sephzilla

Please don't accidentally "fix" them 343i.

I kinda hope those do get fixed. I don't want to be "that guy" with this reasoning, but I kind of want the games to be played the way they were intended to be played.

Here's some photos I got from dickin' around in the UI when the show floor wasn't open to attendees. A nice 343i staffer told me it was cool, so here y'go.

I dont see the Mark V :mad:

Mistel

Banned
I finally realised why I hate Big Team Slayer so much. 343 didn't bother tuning the maps for the gametype so the maps have like next to no weapons on them which leave you stuck in terms of dealing with vehicles.

I'll update them for you guys if you want. Bring back those Concussion Rifles next to turret on Ragnarok and stuff.
Other than the laser I don't think ragnarok actually has any other weapons that are antivehicluar that spawn naturally on it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I just learned something new this very minute. I loaded up Halo 3 for absolutely no reason other than to listen to the main menu and maybe play a campaign level. I started browsing the internet and forgot about H3. Then a video started to play. I knew that Halo 2 had a video that would play after inactivity, but I never knew that Halo 3 did. I know many of you probably already knew about this, but I certainly didn't. I felt like it was worth sharing. It just seemed weird to me, because I've left Halo 3 menu sit probably dozens of times and this has never happened before.

It's called an attract reel. Arcades introduced them to catch the attention of passers by or players of other coin-ops even pinball tables have modes that have the basic concept.

I remember working till 2 or 3am with Jim McQuillan on the Halo 2 one, very close to going gold. No day one TUs in those days.

The more you know.

Onikaan

It's called an attract reel. Arcades introduced them to catch the attention of passers by or players of other coin-ops even pinball tables have modes that have the basic concept.

I remember working till 2 or 3am with Jim McQuillan on the Halo 2 one, very close to going gold. No day one TUs in those days.

The more you know.

Did you guys play through the entire campaign together for the footage, or was it pulled from other sessions?

Silky

Banned

The more you know.

I love arcade attract reels.

Omni

The more you know.
Make one for the collection covering all four games and then release it to us in 60fps before release please

k thx

Akai__

I kinda hope those do get fixed. I don't want to be "that guy" with this reasoning, but I kind of want the games to be played the way they were intended to be played.

I don't think it was an issue and I actually thing it was something, that made the map so much better (map flow wise). This is also not nearly half as broken, as super bouncing for example, so I really don't get why people would have an issue with it. I know several people, who took their time to learn those useful jumps.

The Halo 3 trick jump community was huge and I'm sure they would be disappointed, if several other trick jumps wouldn't work.

jem0208

I just had a thought. If things like super bouncing are getting fixed, because the game got a resolution bump, what about ghost jumps in Halo 3?

This is one of the most useful ghost jumps, but there are lots of other jumps that are useful as well.

Turns out that I'm not crazy. Frankie confirmed Steve Vai long ago. :p

What the shitter?

How the hell do you do that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D38kkkJcO5o

Always loved this version of the theme too, even if it's not a radical departure. Could listen to this theme a million different ways and get amped everytime.
Hopefully they're interested in creating another Halo Legends-esque movie.
You mean despawning, and yes, that was me. I was taking notes on my phone during the panel of questions that came to mind, but most of them were actually asked by others. I didn't really have any MP related questions in mind since I didn't really play Halo CE MP, and we pretty much know everything else that they can actually talk about right now.
Should have asked about
Combat Evolved 2

The more you know.
It's so interesting hearing industry stories/experiences before I was so invested in the actual market side of things, like I wasn't thinking about the design and business aspect of video games when I was younger. It's kind of like you can't really appreciate something until you realize the impact it has on its surroundings, for example the Halo 2 Matchmaking systems for Xbox Live. It must be so fascinating as a young Halo fan to hear you guys, and especially Max in this situation, talk about the past and how Halo helped shape the industry.

nillapuddin

Here's some photos I got from dickin' around in the UI when the show floor wasn't open to attendees. A nice 343i staffer told me it was cool, so here y'go.

finally, thank you kind sir
looking pretty good

obviously still
much placeholder
very wip

its strange the lack of shaky cam weve gotten from MCC from the numerous events so far, is it because people are too excited to film, the event staff not allowing it, or the way the stations are setup?

HunRevan

Hello HaloGaf!

I am happy to be a new addition to Neogaf!
were it so easy

I am eagerly hyped with the MCC. I have been a huge Halo fan since the CE (got my Xbox because of that). I just wanted do say hi for all of the fellow Halo fans. :) Hope to see you on the battlefield. My BR is ready.

Homeboyd

Hello HaloGaf!

were it so easy

I am eagerly hyped with the MCC. I have been a huge Halo fan since the CE (got my Xbox because of that). I just wanted do say hi for all of the fellow Halo fans. :) Hope to see you on the battlefield. My BR is ready.
Are you Lord Revan from B.net?

Onikaan

Hello HaloGaf!

were it so easy

Careful, Frankie will hear!

Welcome :)

HunRevan

Are you Lord Revan from B.net?

Thats not me. The name I have here is the same on b.net (also on xblive and so on) since I joined Xbox live around 2006.

Edit:

[-] How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
Activated since a few day. Lurking since a year I believe.

[-] How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
25 and from Hungary, Europe.

[-] How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
Since 2001.

[-] What mode do you spend most of your time in? (i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)
Multiplayer and then campaign.

[-] What is your favorite playlist? (i.e. MLG, Action Sack)
Team Slayer

[-] AR or BR?
Definitely BR

[-] Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?
45 with my "official" profile and 49 with a new.

[-] Favorite Halo 2 map?
Lockout

[-] Favorite all-time Halo map?
Tough one... I m going with the Pit.

[-] Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
None

[-] Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
Quite a few. Elder Scrolls series, Forza, Battlefield and so on.

[-] Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)
Student (law), part time job at Telekom. Hobbies: movies, tv series, music production

Pfhunkie

I just had a thought. If things like super bouncing are getting fixed, because the game got a resolution bump, what about ghost jumps in Halo 3?

This is one of the most useful ghost jumps, but there are lots of other jumps that are useful as well.

If super bounces aren't in with Halo 2 classic, it's going to mean they used Halo 2 Vista rather than the Xbox version of the game. It's not because "pixels moved"; that's ridiculous. That has nothing to do with how super jumping actually works in the game's physics engine. Also, aspect ratio has nothing to do with long range sword flying not working; they just fixed it in the latest patch to Halo 2 which Frankie already said they were using.

dB Viper

Member for a few months - Lurked for a few months :)

26 - Minnesota

Fan since day 1. Played every game.

[-] What mode do you spend most of your time in? (i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)
Multiplayer

Ranked Rumble Pit, Team Slayer, Team Doubles, MLG

[-] AR or BR?
BR

50 - multiple

[-] Favorite Halo 2 map?
Lockout

Lockout

Bungie, HaloWaypoint, HaloTracker

CoD, Destiny (soon)

IT engineer, Football fanatic, competitive gamer

GT:VipERWarriOR -- looking for some new people to play with.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If super bounces aren't in with Halo 2 classic, it's going to mean they used Halo 2 Vista rather than the Xbox version of the game. It's not because "pixels moved"; that's ridiculous. That has nothing to do with how super jumping actually works in the game's physics engine. Also, aspect ratio has nothing to do with long range sword flying not working; they just fixed it in the latest patch to Halo 2 which Frankie already said they were using.
Frankie has explicitly said that the change in resolution and the "moving pixels" may effect superbouncing. I have no clue how it works, but that's what's been said.

Akai__

Frankie has explicitly said that the change in resolution and the "moving pixels" may effect superbouncing. I have no clue how it works, but that's what's been said.

Yeah, I'm confused now. At least I'm not the only one, who thought it was due to the pixel count.

Sephzilla

I realized I didn't take the HaloGAF survey!

Member since February of '13. Lurked for a while beforehand.

28 - United States

Since pretty much the start of the franchise. I remember being invited over to a friends house for a LAN party not long after Halo 1 came out, saw multiple Xboxes hooked together, got a controller in my hands, and was hooked. Bought an Xbox strictly for Halo and I've played all of the Halo games since then.

Multiplayer > Campaign > Forge > Firefight > Theater

Big Team Battle. Objectives are where the real players are at.

[-] AR or BR?
BR
But I'd prefer a sniper rifle

I don't remember

[-] Favorite Halo 2 map?
Headlong. I don't think another Halo 2 map comes close. For one flag CTF - When we're on offense, give me the sniper rifle, get the flag out the front door, and then enjoy the safest stroll home ever.

It might be a tie between Sidewinder and Headlong. I love large scale Halo maps.

Bungie.net

Metal Gear Rising, Demon's & Dark Souls, pre-reboot Devil May Cry

Programmer by day, lazy by night. I watch a lot of WWE, even though the product sucks these days.

Neper

Neo Member
Stinkles, have some news on this?

http://www.gameit.es/halo-2-anniversary-vendra-traducido-y-doblado-al-catellano/

After Ross's, Ayoub's and Greenberg's (somewhat confirming dub) tweets Microsoft has just shared a deep silence on the topic. But several gaming news sites have already posted news confirming the new dub. Is that correct?

>> http://www.meristation.com/xbox-one...-estara-doblado-al-castellano/1984316/2004493
>> http://www.vandal.net/noticia/13506...o-al-castellano-en-su-revision-para-xbox-one/
>> http://www.hobbyconsolas.com/notici...lado-castellano-master-chief-collection-84092
>> http://www.vrutal.com/noticias/3166-the-master-chief-collection-halo-2-llegara-doblado-al-castellano
>> http://blogocio.net/halo-2-anniversary-podria-llegar-doblado-al-castellano-no-79421/

I'm sorry to be bothering you with this again, I really don't like spamming people this way, but Microsoft's silence on the topic after the public confirmation via Twitter is really hurtful.

VinFTW

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
Lurked since the beginning of the Summer ('14). Been a member couple months now (if that).

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
23, CT, US.

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
Since the beginning. Played every one! Even SA :/

What mode do you spend most of your time in? (i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)
MP by far, followed by Campaign, then FF. I consider myself pretty damn good.

What is your favorite playlist? (i.e. MLG, Action Sack)
MLG slayer/objective followed by BTB objective/slayer.

AR or BR?

BR!

Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?
50, Team Doubles. 45 in Team Slayer.

Favorite Halo 2 map?
Competitive: Lockout. Casual: Fuck... Headlong or Zanizbar.

Favorite all-time Halo map?
See above.

Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
Waypoint.

Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
I just play pretty much any big release when they come out. Currently playing Diablo 3: UEE, Dark Souls 2, CS:GO and Borderlands 2 w/ friends.

Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)
Currently pre-med, applying to PA schools, should be there by next year. Played hockey for about 13 years of my life, semi-pro for 2 of them, now I'm washed up and all I want to do is play some gat damn video games.

GT: Vin FTW
PSN: Vinftw22

Pfhunkie

and I'm explicitly saying physics engines don't care what resolution you're at. I don't know why Frankie said this. Is it because it's simply easier to explain that to the audience rather than telling them they're porting from Halo 2 Vista if that's the case? Is it so that people won't be upset when the super bounce is there but the dark spot on the texture that was used to signify where you were meant to land on the surface is in a different position? (In this case, you'd still have to land on the same spot as you always did on the model but the visible spot in the texture would change position.) I don't know. All I know is that a resolution change can not, in any way, change a physics glitch like super bouncing.

Top Bottom