• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Halo 4 didn't sound anything like H1A, why would Halo 5 sound like Halo 2A?
Well I'm hoping for a return to something similiar to the original sounds.

I'd say give it a chance first; the new sound is different, but still fairly distinctive IMO. It doesn't produce the same sort of "oh crap, sword!" reaction, but that's because nobody's been playing it long enough.
All I'm saying is IMO old > new sound, I'd like to see it return closer to the original sound. The other sounds are pretty good but.

xalener

Neo Member
Different chefs aren't gonna bake the same cakes, m8.

The heart and soul these artists put into the work are theirs, not the other guys'.

There's really no accounting for the creative choices of those whose job it is to make creative choices. I'm not saying you have to like it, but at least respect it, man.

Different chefs aren't gonna bake the same cakes, m8.
K
The heart and soul these artists put into the work are theirs, not the other guys'.

There's really no accounting for the creative choices of those whose job it is to make creative choices. I'm not saying you have to like it, but at least respect it, man.
Wow, I understand what you are saying dude. At no point did I say I didn't respect them or their changes to the game.
I'll summarise:
I prefer the old sword sound, I would prefer if it was a slight variation of the old sound just for identity reasons.
At the end of the day it's not a big deal, in fact I'm happy we are nit picking it shows that the rest of the game is shaping up well.

Ramirez

Don't you have to still install disc games? Is there any HDD space saving to having a disc?

It's about being able to resale games when you're done. TF and Ghosts are two of my biggest regrets ever, and I got them digitally, so there they set, rotting.

xalener

Neo Member
K

Wow, I understand what you are saying dude. At no point did I say I didn't respect them or their changes to the game.
I'll summarise:
I prefer the old sword sound, I would prefer if it was a slight variation of the old sound just for identity reasons.
At the end of the day it's not a big deal, in fact I'm happy we are nit picking it shows that the rest of the game is shaping up well.

All I'm saying is, for as long as the property remains in the hands of people who who are driven by their own subjectivity (every human being on the planet), you're not ever getting the old stuff back. I should note that I'm talking about future 343/ CA releases (Halo 5+), not Sabre's Anniversary stuff :S

Madness

All I'm saying is, for as long as the property remains in the hands of people who who are driven by their own subjectivity (every human being on the planet), you're not ever getting the old stuff back.

Except we are... The original audio and weapon sounds still exist in classic mode. As well as the fact the original H2 MP with the original audio is still there as well.

Just because they changed devs doesn't mean things need to or will be changed, but I really liked that video they showed at the sound changes. Of course the sword sounds much different, but maybe in time it'll grow on people. I think the human weapons sound much more realistic and real world now as well.

It's about being able to resale games when you're done. TF and Ghosts are two of my biggest regrets ever, and I got them digitally, so there they set, rotting.

Should have bought the right games bruh!

I bought that 360X1 digital ghosts pack. Fuckin juices

Sorry, only played a few matches. I really dislike JiP but what can you do when there is only like sub-200 people on worldwide. How often do you still play Halo 4, what time etc.?

usually later at night. Depends on how busy I am, but usually a few nights a week.

Whaaaaaaaaat

I can't even. I mean what

I got my new interwebs so I no longer have a 25GB cap (now it's 200) but still. Wow :lol

"What should you stream, YourExWife?"

ZPWb7iM.gif

Also, you gettin' on Halo tonight/tomorrow/whateveryourtimezonesaredumb?

Omni

"What should you stream, YourExWife?"

ZPWb7iM.gif

Also, you gettin' on Halo tonight/tomorrow/whateveryourtimezonesaredumb?
I'm currently playing Metro:Redux in Xbone but if people play later I'll get on. Currently on mid semester break so I'll be online a fair bit

I got your invite yesterday... But like 1.5 hours after you sent it. I fell asleep at the dashboard so I didn't bother aha

Here's some photos I got from dickin' around in the UI when the show floor wasn't open to attendees. A nice 343i staffer told me it was cool, so here y'go.
Halo 3 models look weird. Really weird

So that was Barrow Roll that had the last question in the panel regarding descoping? I always thought it was a memory issue and not by design. I mean that was actually one of the poorer decisions in the campaign how quick ammo despawned or during MP when you immediately run back to try and find your power weapon but it's gone etc.
You mean despawning, and yes, that was me. I was taking notes on my phone during the panel of questions that came to mind, but most of them were actually asked by others. I didn't really have any MP related questions in mind since I didn't really play Halo CE MP, and we pretty much know everything else that they can actually talk about right now.

It was by design to compensate for ordnance IIRC
I was more interested on whether or not it would be fixed on the campaign side of things, because the despawning in MP needed to accommodate Infinity Slayer. It's a real nuisance in campaign and non-infinity game modes though. It always seemed like a technical limitation more than anything in the campaign, and I really hoped that it would be fixed with the extra juice provided by the Xbone.

Madness

Here's some photos I got from dickin' around in the UI when the show floor wasn't open to attendees. A nice 343i staffer told me it was cool, so here y'go.

Wow those are actually much better than H4. Are the white MK VI for Halo 2 and Halo 3 just the standard spartan look? I notice that the H2A Mark VI is much nicer, and utilizes the changes made in H4 in terms of the Kevlar undersuit.

Were you able to see if things like Hayabusa and Recon were unlocked from the get go in Halo 3 etc.

You mean despawning, and yes, that was me. I was taking notes on my phone during the panel of questions that came to mind, but most of them were actually asked by others. I didn't really have any MP related questions in mind since I didn't really play Halo CE MP, and we pretty much know everything else that they can actually talk about right now.

I was more interested on whether or not it would be fixed on the campaign side of things, because the despawning in MP needed to accommodate Infinity Slayer. It's a real nuisance in campaign and non-infinity game modes though. It always seemed like a technical limitation more than anything in the campaign, and I really hoped that it would be fixed with the extra juice provided by the Xbone.

Yeah, I meant despawning as well, mentioned it later. Was a good question. The despawning of ammo and dropped weapons was a major nuisance for campaign and one of the reasons I didn't even care for Legendary. The bullet sponge enemies coupled with disappearing ammo and weapons and few and far in between ammo boxes etc. Plus, the worst is in non-infinity modes how quickly you lose your weapons, power weapons etc. It's exacerbated even more on larger maps where you have no chance to run back and get your dropped guns. It's probably the one thing I'd have wanted changed in Halo 4 if they could. But I thought it was a memory/console limitation, but others said by design, especially in Infinity.

HTupolev

It always seemed like a technical limitation more than anything in the campaign, and I really hoped that it would be fixed with the extra juice provided by the Xbone.
There's still the argument that having guns everywhere conflicts with the fast-despawning-but-tons-of-crates design, if the crate distribution model isn't also modified.

Not saying it's good the way it is, just that there are some core design issues right now that probably can't be fixed in a very "perfect" way by changing one thing.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
I just learned something new this very minute. I loaded up Halo 3 for absolutely no reason other than to listen to the main menu and maybe play a campaign level. I started browsing the internet and forgot about H3. Then a video started to play. I knew that Halo 2 had a video that would play after inactivity, but I never knew that Halo 3 did. I know many of you probably already knew about this, but I certainly didn't. I felt like it was worth sharing. It just seemed weird to me, because I've left Halo 3 menu sit probably dozens of times and this has never happened before.

I just learned something new this very minute. I loaded up Halo 3 for absolutely no reason other than to listen to the main menu and maybe play a campaign level. I started browsing the internet and forgot about H3. Then a video started to play. I knew that Halo 2 had a video that would play after inactivity, but I never knew that Halo 3 did. I know many of you probably already knew about this, but I certainly didn't. I felt like it was worth sharing. It just seemed weird to me, because I've left Halo 3 menu sit probably dozens of times and this has never happened before.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Welfare

Miss this in games.

Nebula

Someone convince me to set up my PVR please. I really can't be arsed but I need to.

EDIT: WHY THE HELL IS THERE A MANTIS IN NEUTRAL FLAG 314 INTURSTRIED

MOAR EDIT: WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Nebula

I finally realised why I hate Big Team Slayer so much. 343 didn't bother tuning the maps for the gametype so the maps have like next to no weapons on them which leave you stuck in terms of dealing with vehicles.

I'll update them for you guys if you want. Bring back those Concussion Rifles next to turret on Ragnarok and stuff.

Contents of said video? Honestly can't remember if I've seen that one or not.

Woorloog

Banned
Pretty sure Halo 3 has two or three different videos. All choppy and/or have sound issues too from what i recall, at least based on my experience.
I think it has a single player and a multiplayer "trailer".

Akai__

I just had a thought. If things like super bouncing are getting fixed, because the game got a resolution bump, what about ghost jumps in Halo 3?

This is one of the most useful ghost jumps, but there are lots of other jumps that are useful as well.

Please don't accidentally "fix" them 343i.

Also, we did bring Steve Vai back to the studio for guitar.

Turns out that I'm not crazy. Frankie confirmed Steve Vai long ago. :p

Top Bottom