• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Palmer probably calls you the N-Word in bed

and I forgot Locke on some real shit

Locke ain't even from earth and those prerelease screens have him shooting dehumanizing stares so strong they're channeling 850 years of diet racism and getting white boys and girls crossing to the other side of the halo sidewalk

Locke keeping the space streets so bold, Forerunner white guilt makes the property values of the ring go up

Ampoc

Neo Member
Shameless self-advertising Halo video. Not sure if you guys like these sorta videos but after watching the Spartan Op's cutscenes, I felt the urge to make another small little trailer thing that may generate some hype for future Halo campaigns. Yay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLIdhD0hnoI

It took me long, and quite painful hours to put this thing together.

feel free to hate on how much palmer is in the video.

oh also, I didn't work that hard on the description so don't smash me too hard on it if it's bad :C

EDIT: One more thing, due to copyrighted music, the video might not be available in some countries. Sowwy.

Was so depressed to see this during the Halo 5 beta first look video:

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Unnamed_Urban-Themed_Map_(Halo_5:_Guardians)

I'm so tired of the Halo 4 urban/industrial themed maps.

They were all so cluttered and had zero flow. I like being able to recognize my surroundings at all times, just seems so messy. That's why I love maps like Lockout, Warlock, Guardian, Foundation, etc.

Also, I'm fairly certain the Midship remake is so much bigger because there's going to be sprint :/

Hmmm.. can't get the link to work.

Just google halo 5 guardians urban themed map
Someone has not played Skyline which is one of Halo 4's best map and better than most of Reach's maps imo.

Fotos

Just played a game in Halo 2 Vista where everyone spawned in with plasma pistols and instead of shooting plasma it would shoot rockets at rapid fire.

Holy shit

Just played a game in Halo 2 Vista where everyone spawned in with plasma pistols and instead of shooting plasma it would shoot rockets at rapid fire.

Holy shit

Now go look up a gametype on Halo 4 called "Rapid Fire", you're welcome. Get in a decent sized custom party and an open map or Pitfall for a good time. Don't forget to have a few vehicles about too.

I still have nightmares/dreams from Halo 2 XBL when plasma pistols spawned tanks or ghosts with each shot.

yingyangryder

Neo Member
Just realised I haven`t done this yet.

[-] How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
Member for a few months, lurker for about a year.

[-] How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
22, Japan.

[-] How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
Since day one, played all games and spent a ridiculous amount of time on Halo 2.

[-] What mode do you spend most of your time in? (i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)
Multiplayer

[-] What is your favorite playlist? (i.e. MLG, Action Sack)
Team Slayer and Team Snipers

[-] AR or BR?
BR

[-] Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?
50, in multiple playlists

[-] Favorite Halo 2 map?
Headlong

[-] Favorite all-time Halo map?
Coagulation

[-] Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
Halotracker, other forums from way back in the day.

[-] Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
I haven`t played at all for about a year. Looking to get an Xbox One for the MCC

[-] Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)

Madness

wait so is the new call of duty mode "Uplink" just Ricochet from Halo 4?

I've never played it, but it basically looks the same lol.

I wonder why change up the game so much. What do Call of Duty fans think? On the one hand, the series has been suffering from annualized releases and stagnation, on the other hand, the fact game play was pretty much the same since CoD4 is what kept their fans happy in a sense.

Will be funny to see if people in the CoD threads say things like "why copy Halo", "if I wanted to play Halo, I'd go play Halo". This game seems like a mash-up of Halo 4 and TitanFall. Though they're smart with aping Ricochet mode. That was probably one of the best additions 343 did, and with good teams, it's more fun than flood or grifball ever were.

Nebula

I wonder why change up the game so much. What do Call of Duty fans think? On the one hand, the series has been suffering from annualized releases and stagnation, on the other hand, the fact game play was pretty much the same since CoD4 is what kept their fans happy in a sense.

Will be funny to see if people in the CoD threads say things like "why copy Halo", "if I wanted to play Halo, I'd go play Halo". This game seems like a mash-up of Halo 4 and TitanFall. Though they're smart with aping Ricochet mode. That was probably one of the best additions 343 did, and with good teams, it's more fun than flood or grifball ever were.

Ghosts was awful. I welcome the change for now.

Enfinit

Lots of newcomers today! Welcome all!

Bill-Cosby-Jello-GIF.gif

It's a mobile game ported to consoles. What's to report? The mechanics are decent, but they're fundamentally crippled by the limitations and conventions of the originating platform.

I have to agree here, I really wanted to like SA on the X1 but the aiming controls do my head in. I enjoy the art, production quality and sounds etc but I just don't like the lack of absolute precision aiming. Maybe it's me.

RowdyReverb

Just bought spartan assault, will report back.

I liked it enough on XB1, but I haven't touched it since beating the brief campaign. I enjoy Smash TV-esque twin stick shooters in general though. Wish the co-op matchmaking was more effective and the game had a but more meat to it

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Someone has not played Skyline which is one of Halo 4's best map and better than most of Reach's maps imo.
The whole Majestic Map pack was solid. Easily some of the most fun I had with Halo 4. Good maps make a huge difference!

Am I the only one who absolutely hated Skyline? I would rather play on Haven or Solace or a smoldering pile of dogshit for that matter any day of the week than Skyline.

I haven't gotten it yet but what's your reasons?

Essentially the map just boils to being a giant clusterfuck in the middle, and people camping in the hallways outside of the base with shotguns. Some of the jumps are fun in that map, but it's got such a fucking awkward flow to it that I can't stand it.

Am I the only one who absolutely hated Skyline? I would rather play on Haven or Solace or a smoldering pile of dogshit for that matter any day of the week than Skyline.

The map is kinda bad for objetives, you can respawn on the enemy flag and if you know the map you can go to the other side pretty fast yet you can camp in your area and spawn kill the other team

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Essentially the map just boils to being a giant clusterfuck in the middle, and people camping in the hallways outside of the base with shotguns. Some of the jumps are fun in that map, but it's got such a fucking awkward flow to it that I can't stand it.
The spawns were a bit too predictable and that resulted in a perhaps disproportionate amount of action in either base. And the middle is a clusterfuck, but not in a bad way. I've had some really fun chase / evasion moments on that map. It's not an amazing map or anything, but it's really solid.

Skyline was a great Halo 2 map, a bad Halo 3 map and an alright Halo Reach map. I think it got such high praise early on because of the "a map smaller than Haven? Finally, classic halo's back. It must be good!" mentality, without really registering that small maps are going to perform awfully in the Halo 4 sandbox if they're any smaller than Haven.

Wait... people actually purchased Halo 4 map packs? Like, with real money, after they already knew what the game was?

I did it to support 343i so I bought the bundle. didnt see me playing the maps seeing the horrible DLC management after getting the cheevos so playing with Gaf parties especially with yourexwife was a godsend for me

I may have missed any discussion about it, but is 343 going to be at the Tokyo Game Show this year? We're essentially only 2 weeks away. I like all these little tidbits of information that keeping coming out with each new show/convention. It's gonna make October one long month though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I may have missed any discussion about it, but is 343 going to be at the Tokyo Game Show this year? We're essentially only 2 weeks away. I like all these little tidbits of information that keeping coming out with each new show/convention. It's gonna make October one long month though.
With the record breaking
low
launch sales of the XB1 in Japan, I doubt it.

With the record breaking
low
launch sales of the XB1 in Japan, I doubt it.
I figured as much. Still, gaming news at these big game shows goes beyond the location of the actual show. The gaming websites will be covering the news, which would be decent PR for TMCC if 343 can think of other cool things to show in the game.

Havoc2049

I just learned something new this very minute. I loaded up Halo 3 for absolutely no reason other than to listen to the main menu and maybe play a campaign level. I started browsing the internet and forgot about H3. Then a video started to play. I knew that Halo 2 had a video that would play after inactivity, but I never knew that Halo 3 did. I know many of you probably already knew about this, but I certainly didn't. I felt like it was worth sharing. It just seemed weird to me, because I've left Halo 3 menu sit probably dozens of times and this has never happened before.

My mind was kinda blown a couple weeks back on Halo Waypoint, when I began to pet my dog and accidently activated Kinect...blam!...my Halo 4 Spartan was staring back at me, mirroring my hand and head gestures, accessing the Waypoint HUD.

WP_20140528_007_zpse279286d.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I am but mostly to eat ramen and do interviews with Japanese press. Won't be a big reveal spot for maps.

Did I mention this: read it, weep. I will eat there every day.

Karate biker gang? Spicy ramen?

[-] How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
Uhhh
[-] How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
Yes
[-] What mode do you spend most of your time in? (i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)
Searching for games
[-] What is your favorite playlist? (i.e. MLG, Action Sack)
Team
Squad
Slayer
[-] AR or BR?
Dual SMGs
[-] Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?
Uhhh
[-] Favorite Halo 2 map?
8v8 backwash rockets and grenades only; max fog
[-] Favorite all-time Halo map?
Swordbase, Oddball, 100% Bloom
[-] Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
Ha!
[-] Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
Time?

I am but mostly to eat ramen and do interviews with Japanese press. Won't be a big reveal spot for maps.

Did I mention this: read it, weep. I will eat there every day.

Karate biker gang? Spicy ramen?
mmmhhh yaki soba time. That's cool. I'm simply looking for distractions to make time go by while waiting for November to roll around. Also hoping for a vidoc of some kind before the game comes out. Very much excite.

Pfhunkie

I have used pixel count, aspect ratio and frame rate as examples of massive changes that may produce unintended consequences.
As I said before, I know that framerate can make changes in how a biped interacts with the physics of the game but I don't really understand how it's possible for resolution/aspect ratio could actually make any impact on it. With all the games I've ever ran into in the past it's never made a difference.

To be clear, I get the sense that you're saying this as a C.Y.A.
(Cover Your Anatomy)
more than anything else just so that people don't think you've purposely messed with their baby. As in "This doesn't normally affect the physics part of the game but... just to be safe I need to make sure they understand we didn't do this on purpose and it's not our faults if it did happen." Which is absolutely true.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
As I said before, I know that framerate can make changes in how a biped interacts with the physics of the game but I don't really understand how it's possible for resolution/aspect ratio could actually make any impact on it. With all the games I've ever ran into in the past it's never made a difference.

To be clear, I get the sense that you're saying this as a C.Y.A.
(Cover Your Anatomy)
more than anything else just so that people don't think you've purposely messed with their baby. As in "This doesn't normally affect the physics part of the game but... just to be safe I need to make sure they understand we didn't do this on purpose and it's not our faults if it did happen." Which is absolutely true.

Because we're not scaling, we're changing geometry too. And we won't know everything behaves the way we expect until close to end.

nillapuddin

My mind was kinda blown a couple weeks back on Halo Waypoint, when I began to pet my dog and accidently activated Kinect...blam!...my Halo 4 Spartan was staring back at me, mirroring my hand and head gestures, accessing the Waypoint HUD.

WP_20140528_007_zpse279286d.jpg

what in the actual fuck.

are you for cereals right now, why have I NEVER heard of this?

Kinect controlled Spartan Avatars? WAT

not even that I want or need this, I just feel like someone, somewhere, someday, would have mentioned that before

Top Bottom