• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
All I know is that a resolution change can not, in any way, change a physics glitch like super bouncing.
It can if it's dependent on interacting with environment geometry, which will now have different shape and dimension, right? I only 10% know what I'm talking about here.

Fuchsdh

It can if it's dependent on interacting with environment geometry, which will now have different shape and dimension, right? I only 10% know what I'm talking about here.
I'm assuming like how CEA was just a visual layer, the actual Halo 2 collision models and geometry are the same--hence why you could fly through additional crags and whatnot in Anniversary mode.

Sephzilla

Would a resolution change alter hitboxes/collision detection? Game programming isn't my forte so I can't answer this myself, but if a native resolution change would alter those in any kind of way then yes that could affect super bounces.

Those and BXR stuff should both go away IMO

Pfhunkie

Changing your display resolution doesn't change anything about the physical shape of geometry. Try to think of it like having poor eyesight and putting on prescription glasses. You're not going to be affecting the physical elements of the game with visual adjustments.

Disclaimer: However, framerate changes can, in some engines, change how you interact with the physical game. Framerate does more than simply change how the game is displayed, though.

Vico

So, I didn't know this was a thing: player avatars.

Halo_MCC_Menus_06.jpg
Halo_MCC_Menus_07.jpg

Halo_MCC_Menus_08.jpg
Halo_MCC_Menus_09.jpg

From Aceparty and the Italian group 17k Guardians at Gamescom.

I honestly can't even think of what Halo character I'd want to represent me. Maybe the bluish-white Didact armor from the 4 terminals?

EDIT: Oh! It'd be Usze Taham for sure.

VinFTW

I would kill for a Clan tab next to Friends and Recent plays like in Halo 2 with full Clan support, integrated Clan tags, etc....

I miss Clan battles...

Ugh.

You guys think they'll be back in 5?

I bet you there's an actual Gravemind "face" ID, but they're keeping it hidden for now so they can pull the 2014 big-budget CGI Gravemind reveal in cutscenes.

I think I would have to rep Sgt. Johnson as the sole black man in the Halo universe, just like I'm the only black guy in HaloGAF

Grunt for DLC avatar

DJ Gunner

I never did this either,

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
I've lurked since last spring, I don't think I was a member until this spring.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
40, Ohio

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
Since 2003. I was not any kind of gamer post NES until about 11 years ago.

What mode do you spend most of your time in? Multiplayer, without question

What is your favorite playlist?
Team Slayer.

AR or BR?
Halo 2 BR

Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?
43, Team Slayer. I was a 33 in Team Slayer Halo 2, which I consider to be more impressive/important. I was not a fan of Halo 3 MP.

Favorite Halo 2 map?
Lockout

Favorite all-time Halo map?
Chillout.

Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
GeezerGamers, back 05/06. The site has since died off.

Any other games you spend a lot of time playing?
After a ten year stint of heavy gaming, I'm burnt out on all but my most beloved franchises- of which Halo is obviously one

Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)
I own an Insurance Agency, and besides cars I do enjoy being able to keep up with the kids in Halo and COD (though I don't play the latter anymore, I maintained 2.0+ K/Ds in MW2 and BO1). I also used to DJ some local parties/nightclubs (electronica, specifically, house/progressive)

GT: DJ Gunner
PSN: xI_Gunner_Ix

VinFTW

Was so depressed to see this during the Halo 5 beta first look video:

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Unnamed_Urban-Themed_Map_(Halo_5:_Guardians)

I'm so tired of the Halo 4 urban/industrial themed maps.

They were all so cluttered and had zero flow. I like being able to recognize my surroundings at all times, just seems so messy. That's why I love maps like Lockout, Warlock, Guardian, Foundation, etc.

Also, I'm fairly certain the Midship remake is so much bigger because there's going to be sprint :/

Hmmm.. can't get the link to work.

Just google halo 5 guardians urban themed map

Takashi

I'd want the giant antenna on the back to be included. OG Chief isn't OG Chief without that antenna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3AckpzPtwQ#t=70

That Halo 2 bonus cutscene was cool. Finally learned who Cortana was talking about in the beginning of the level and why that Pelican and those marines were there. Wouldn't mind if H2A (or any future Halo campaigns) had extra little asides like that. I also really liked the little insight into the Covenant dynamic too- the elite giving orders, forcing the grunt to stay in battle, actually going in himself to deal with the situation, etc.

Top Bottom