• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Sephzilla

I've made a huge mistake.

Anyone know if GameStop will let me cancel my destiny preorder and give me cash money back?

When I traded my games in the guy said Id be able to come back and get cash, albeit at a lesser value than in game. I think.

Went back and the lady tells me once it's store credit then it's forever store credit.

Halp

Do you remember the name of the guy who told you this?

wwm0nkey

Anyone know if GameStop will let me cancel my destiny preorder and give me cash money back?

When I traded my games in the guy said Id be able to come back and get cash, albeit at a lesser value than in game. I think.

Went back and the lady tells me once it's store credit then it's forever store credit.

Halp
You need to call the local DM or corporate and report him first of all for giving you false info that you learn the first day on the job. Complain enough and they should be able to work out something for you. Guy wont get fired unless he has had several complaints on him before and it gets him re-trained to better do his job.

If you go there again and someone tries to pull a fast one on you like that, cancel any pre-order you made with them, buy a pack a batteries and give them a bad review on the receipt.

You need to call the local DM or corporate and report him first of all for giving you false info that you learn the first day on the job. Complain enough and they should be able to work out something for you. Guy wont get fired unless he has had several complaints on him before and it gets him re-trained to better do his job.

If you go there again and someone tries to pull a fast one on you like that, cancel any pre-order you made with them, buy a pack a batteries and give them a bad review on the receipt.

lol

Someone has a bad experience with a store and you're suggesting purchasing more from them. wat

wwm0nkey

lol

Someone has a bad experience with a store and you're suggesting purchasing more from them. wat

At some point you will need batteries, you'll thank me when your remote dies!

But to the point of what I was saying, GameStop usually works around when an employee knowingly or unknowingly screws you over if you call and complain. The employee is then retrained on the thing he fucked up on.

If you know an employee is trying to pull one on you, like say reserving a game without you knowing, you should then cancel the reserves you have with that employee, buy something cheap that you will need from the store that's cheaper than a reserve which is usually batteries and then leave them a bad review so they will get retrained as well. You can then either go reserve at a new store, amazon or come back when someone new is working.

At some point you will need batteries, you'll thank me when your remote dies!

But to the point of what I was saying, GameStop usually works around when an employee knowingly or unknowingly screws you over if you call and complain. The employee is then retrained on the thing he fucked up on.

If you know an employee is trying to pull one on you, like say reserving a game without you knowing, you should then cancel the reserves you have with that employee, buy something cheap that you will need from the store that's cheaper than a reserve which is usually batteries and then leave them a bad review so they will get retrained as well. You can then either go reserve at a new store, amazon or come back when someone new is working.

Speak with management about your experience instead of feeding more money into the place that's trying to jerk you around.

wwm0nkey

Speak with management about your experience instead of feeding more money into the place that's trying to jerk you around.
That works too. I just do the battery thing personally because my family goes through a hell of a lot of them and the DM and Manager read all the negative reviews and the DM has more power.

Be warned though, sometimes the manager isn't there and a SGA can't really do anything if its like a price fix. They can however do a write up but its up to them if they really want to tell the manager about it or not. They usually will if you make a big enough fuss over it.

Never got the GS hate either. In all my years going to Funcoland/Software Etc/EBGames/Gamestop whatever its called, its been "you want to pre-order this thing?" "no" "you want to pay $3 extra bucks because reasons" "no" "ok have a good day"

wwm0nkey

Never got the GS hate either. In all my years going to Funcoland/Software Etc/EBGames/Gamestop whatever its called, its been "you want to pre-order this thing?" "no" "you want to pay $3 extra bucks because reasons" "no" "ok have a good day"

I used to work there and while I never pressured anyone into pre-ordering things there are plenty of employees who were pretty awful. My friend has had someone try to sneak in a pre-order if his trade-ins had $5 extra. He had to go back after he saw it was on his receipt to cancel it because the clerk never told him.

Now these are rare cases but they do happen.

I'm sure Xand has told me about various GS horror stories, but then again Xands' a ratchet.

RowdyReverb

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
I've been approved today, so my lurking can finally come to an end. I've lurked NeoGAF since Dec 2012 and HaloGAF since May of this year or so.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
Nearing 25. I'm living in Houston, TX.

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
Since I played a Halo: CE demo at a kiosk in Best Buy in 2001. I've played them all except Halo Wars.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
Multiplayer, followed by Campaign.

What is your favorite playlist?
Team Objective, but I mostly preferred Action Sack in Halo 4.

AR or BR?
BR (a DMR is fine too)

Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?
35 in SWAT, I think. I mostly played social.

Favorite Halo 2 map?
Lockout. Not an original answer, but it's the truth.

Favorite all-time Halo map?
Big Team CTF on Sidewinder/Avalanche. It just resonates with me for some reason.

Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
Just bungie.net and the Halo subreddit.

Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
I try to play most big-name titles that come out. Lately it's been Metro Redux. I'm very much looking forward to MCC.

Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)
I'm a medical student. In my progressively more seldom free time, I enjoy movies, TV, sci-fi novels, and gaming. XBL name is the same as my username.

Halo Waypoint on youtube uploaded every video from the PAX Panel except for the Halo Channel one with the awesome arrangement of Never Forget as the music track...

RDlAARw.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Gamestop is cool with me. The worst they ever do is try to talk me into pre-ordering a bunch of games I don't want.

Gamestop is cool with me. The worst they ever do is try to talk me into pre-ordering a bunch of games I don't want.

That's been my only issue as well. As much as I hate preorder bonuses, if they're offering a good one I'll buy from them. But I also try to keep my business with them as simple as possible.

Fuchsdh

If you're some 18-year-old who's going to sign up for a 25% interest credit card from GameStop, I kind of feel like GameStop is doing you the favor of making you realize how much an idiot you are before the rest of the world figures it out.

Still, I'm happy that digital games means I can cut somewhat scummy retailers out of the equation.

CyReN

Never had a problem with Gamestop, hell got Halo: Reach Legendary from them for free.

If you have store credit, just turn it into Amazon credit.

Mix

I am really happy that the thing we're complaining about it SMG starts. Halo is back.

I work at Gamestop lol

Halp

they pulled that on me last year when i traded in over $100 worth of games. i told him cash back and he said "oh. i already turned them into credits. my bad but hey, at least you can pre order game a couple of games." the guy was very smug about it. that's why i bought the amazon gift cards they had concealed behind the burger king cards.

5Ad2eL9.jpg

Madness

In Canada, they're still EB Games. They're not so bad, a lot of guys are just ordinary gamers like us. Beyond the odd pressure to pre-order a certain game or get replacement protection, they don't really bother me. They always give less cash than store credit, but I rarely trade in games as it is.

CyReN

No I meant the part about getting Reach LE for free!

Gamestop had this giveaway before launch at every store (I think), had to sit through this 20 minute Tsquared video at Bungie and they picked 1 winner for each store, gf number got called and gave it to me since she doesn't play.

From GameStop:

GameStop, Corp. and Microsoft are hosting exclusive customer Halo: Reach After Hours Events at 1,100 GameStop stores nationwide.

Tom 'Tsquared' Taylor, professional gamer and team captain of Major League Gaming's Str8 Rippin, will be featured in a video presentation sharing never-before seen Halo: Reach tips and tricks, showcasing in-game footage, the new Firefight mode and lots of other great information only available through GameStop's After Hours Event.

Customers attending the After Hours Events will have the chance to win lots of great prizes, including:
- A special text-to-win sweepstakes for an opportunity to win their very own life-size Halo statue (MSRP: priceless)
- One copy per store of the Legendary Edition of the game (MSRP: $149.99), available for pickup on launch day. The limited Legendary Edition includes such things as a hand-painted individually numbered collectible Noble Team statue, game disc housed in a recovered ONI black box, exclusive Elite armor set for multiplayer modes, and an artifact bag containing classified documents unraveling Halo secrets, and more.

This highly anticipated prequel to the Halo franchise is available now in standard, Limited and Legendary editions for pre-orders at GameStop stores nationwide. Visit www.GameStop.com/HaloReach for information on in-game exclusives available only through GameStop.

WHEN:
Friday, Aug. 6, 2010
9-10:30 p.m. (local time)

WHERE:
1,100 GameStop stores nationwide - visit www.GameStop.com/HaloReach for a list of stores

Gamestop had this giveaway before launch at every store (I think), had to sit through this 20 minute Tsquared video at Bungie and they picked 1 winner for each store, gf number got called and gave it to me since she doesn't play.
Oh wow that's so cool of her to give it to you!
Anyone have dibs on the MCC OT?
I think Kittens called it
Nope.

Dude, the point of this whole anniversary edition is that the original is untouched. Nothing was changed. Something new was made. The original form of everything is untouched and accessible.
Yup agreed.

Dude, the point of this whole anniversary edition is that the original is untouched. Nothing was changed. Something new was made. The original form of everything is untouched and accessible.
I'm more concerned that it may carry over to 5 (or something like it), I like the original sounds and find them easy to identify during gameplay (such as the sound the sword emits when it is activated).

I'm more concerned that it may carry over to 5 (or something like it), I like the original sounds and find them easy to identify during gameplay (such as the sound the sword emits when it is activated).

I'd say give it a chance first; the new sound is different, but still fairly distinctive IMO. It doesn't produce the same sort of "oh crap, sword!" reaction, but that's because nobody's been playing it long enough.

Top Bottom