• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So I'm getting the bone on Saturday. I plan on using the same headset, Turtle Beach PX5, bluetooth, surround sound. I searched their forums and it seems I don't have to do anything but plug the optical wire into the xbox one and go from there. I did read on xbox forums that the sound volume is obviously lower, as well as chat. Anyone else have a similar issue with last gen headsets on current gen consoles?

Not sure how the PX5 specifically works, but it if it's like some other TB surround sound headsets then yeah just set it up like you would on 360/PS3. You have to get that $25 dumb kid adapter for chat though.

Booties

Banned
Not sure how the PX5 specifically works, but it if it's like some other TB surround sound headsets then yeah just set it up like you would on 360/PS3. You have to get that $25 dumb kid adapter for chat though.

That's lame! Do you know if they have blue tooth adapters? Might as well do that so I have one less wire with which to deal.

Vico

Halo 4's multiplayer ;)

I know.
With Halo 4, though, they never pushed competitive multiplayer the way they're doing it with MCC and Halo 5. Recruiting multiple pro players during the last two years is a good exemple of that.

Actually, pro players seem to be the new face of 343i. Bravo's everywhere now, for exemple.

I know.
With Halo 4, though, they never pushed competitive multiplayer the way they're doing it with MCC and Halo 5. Recruiting multiple pro players during the last two years is a good exemple of that.

Actually, pro players seem to be the new face of 343i. Bravo's everywhere now, for exemple.

Thwy never pushed Halo multiplayer with Halo 4, and i await the halo 5 beta to see if they are serious about returning to halo's roots. They (pros) are like testers and PR mostly. And I don't rightly know what Eric does. But the pro face is mainly PR. IMO

Sordid

That's lame! Do you know if they have blue tooth adapters? Might as well do that so I have one less wire with which to deal.

No bluetooth adapters so far :( I have the PX5's and I modded my 360 bluetooth adapter to work on the Xbone but the chat quality is horrible compared to using a cable.

Booties

Banned
No bluetooth adapters so far :( I have the PX5's and I modded my 360 bluetooth adapter to work on the Xbone but the chat quality is horrible compared to using a cable.

It's nuts that the bone doesn't have built in blue-tooth capability. It would make much more sense considering Microsoft wants the xb1 to be the all-in-one entertainment machine.

Computer

Anyone know how many people are allowed in the same Tower? And/or why don't clan members all get put in the same tower (as long as they're in the same general geographical area for servers)?

Will we get more Halo 5 info before the beta? Would be nice to hear more about the spartan "abilities" like ground pound or the slide mechanic that we saw in the teaser.

I really hope the so called "ground pound" is not what I think it is. I can't even see how it would work. In Halo jumping from high to low is a very common thing. I am curious to see if it is an automatic thing or you have to press a button to make it happen. Also curious to see if it is an instant kill or just strips shields. Ether way it sounds terrible. Trailer also showed Spartans taking cover behind a wall. Idk but I don't like it.

Presumably, though, Che has played Halo 5 and if he's 'forgotten all about [the propipe]' it implies it's not made it into the current game. I'll still toss a penny in a fountain for it though. Maybe they were feigning indifference in hopes of not confirming the weapon through nudges and winks...

singhr1

The fact that you can start with a grenade launcher is some Halo: Reach game modes was pretty OP. The EMP effect + damage made it deadly in BTB for a starting primary weapon.

Presumably, though, Che has played Halo 5 and if he's 'forgotten all about [the propipe]' it implies it's not made it into the current game. I'll still toss a penny in a fountain for it though. Maybe they were feigning indifference in hopes of not confirming the weapon through nudges and winks...

Yeah, this was my line of thinking.

Expectations kept low.

CyReN

Thwy never pushed Halo multiplayer with Halo 4, and i await the halo 5 beta to see if they are serious about returning to halo's roots. They (pros) are like testers and PR mostly. And I don't rightly know what Eric does. But the pro face is mainly PR. IMO

"PR hires" line is one of the dumbest things I've seen regarding pro players hired in recent memory, it's like the moon landing hoax for the competitive Halo community.

"PR hires" line is one of the dumbest things I've seen regarding pro players hired in recent memory, it's like the moon landing hoax for the competitive Halo community.
In the context of bravo being the community manager and handling PR. And other pros being testers/ multiplayer advisors. I should have been more clear about that wording. And c'mon ray, you rarely quote me unless its something that could potentially lead to misunderstandings or heated words.

Proof: The grenade launcher is a usable weapon in Halo 5.

There exists a grenade launcher in Halo: Reach. Aforementioned grenade launcher is unforgettable. Che has played Halo: Reach. Che forgot about aforementioned grenade launcher. Via reductio ad absurdum, lemma: Che is lying.

The reasons Che could be lying are: (1) Grenade launcher exists in Halo 5, didn't want to confirm it. (2) Grenade launcher does not exist in Halo 5, didn't want to confirm that it doesn't exist.

Via Occam's Razor, the grenade launcher is in Halo 5.

Pre-order persists.

m23

It will be axed again in favor of an amazing weapon called the...sticky detonator.

Lol the sticky detonator, what an utter piece of crap.

The fact that you can start with a grenade launcher is some Halo: Reach game modes was pretty OP. The EMP effect + damage made it deadly in BTB for a starting primary weapon.

I don't remember it ever being a starting weapon. Maybe in some of the more "fun" modes.

It will be axed again in favor of an amazing weapon called the...sticky detonator.
Grenade Launcher + Sticky Detonator = CHAMPION

It would be the best weapon.

EDIT:

There exists a grenade launcher in Halo: Reach. Aforementioned grenade launcher is unforgettable. Che has played Halo: Reach. Che forgot about aforementioned grenade launcher. Via reductio ad absurdum, lemma: Che is lying.

The reasons Che could be lying are: (1) Grenade launcher exists in Halo 5, didn't want to confirm it. (2) Grenade launcher does not exist in Halo 5, didn't want to confirm that it doesn't exist.

Pre-order persists.
brb, preordering two more copies

Pre-order persists.

My hat is off to you sir.

The grenade launcher was fantastic weapon. Can't say I'm surprised that it won't come back though, not nearly enough babby/wheelchair approved for shooters these days.

The grenade launcher was fantastic weapon. Can't say I'm surprised that it won't come back though, not nearly enough babby/wheelchair approved for shooters these days.
Serious question: what's a babby?
It was so niche in its applications it was pretty much useless on bigger maps, except in enclosed areas or converting teammates to walking landmines.
Its EMP ability made it an excellent weapon for stopping vehicles and killing people who piloted them.

NOKYARD

Quick question since google is NOT being my friend today.

Are there any decent XBO aftermarket controllers (not mods) with alternate button layouts other than the SCUF ONE?

rLoa3EP.gif

Ha just kidding :3

Fuchsdh

That's the grenade launcher not the sticky detonator which can't do that.

To be fair that's all I ever used it for was to stick grenades to people.

I had some luck with it otherwise (much more luck than I ever had using the grenade launcher, so I guess it served its purpose that way) but I guess on large maps I sort of felt confused what the hell I was supposed to do with it.

Mistel

Banned
I had some luck with it otherwise (much more luck than I ever had using the grenade launcher, so I guess it served its purpose that way) but I guess on large maps I sort of felt confused what the hell I was supposed to do with it.
Sticky dets on large maps are really pointless if your luck you stick a vehicle but other wise you might as well use another power weapon.

Top Bottom