• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

rrc1594

My brother told me DMR over BR

My Reaction

giphy.gif

I thought the grenade launcher was the one cool addition to Halo's sandbox Reach gave us. Good alternate to the fire and forget rocket launcher. When you bounce that shit off the floor, onto a wall, around the corner or some shit, release the trigger and get a kill
VWb1n.png

Frankie pls

Madness

Eh, DMR is better for Swat.

Always liked single shot over burst fire myself. A big problem with the DMR wasn't it's firing rate, but it's high aim assist coupled with much longer scope, essentially, a mini sniper at times. So you could ping headshots almost cross map pretty easily.

Trey

Bow down to the DMR, for its range brings map design to its knees and its power makes lesser weapons blush.

GOAT weapon.

Nebula

Holy shit sprint double beatdown rearing its ugly ass head in every match I play on Destiny. Starting to feel like Reach 2.0.

Bungie, did you learn nothing?

Mistel

Banned
Better for getting kills? Sure.

As satisfying as the DMR? No way. Playing swat and getting a triple kill without missing a shot is ridiculously satisfying.
For me it's more satisfying to use than the DMR but personal taste and all. Whats stopping you from getting a triple kill with a carbine?

Onikaan

Holy shit sprint double beatdown rearing its ugly ass head in every match I play on Destiny. Starting to feel like Reach 2.0.

Bungie, did you learn nothing?

Every. Game.

I was hoping Destiny's MP would tide me over until MCC, but I don't think I can bear the damn thing.

PVE's good, though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I can't say it enough: 3v3 Destiny is so fun. Yall need to play a few rounds with a good team before writing off the PvP. I'll be on a bunch this weekend!

I can't say it enough: 3v3 Destiny is so fun. Yall need to play a few rounds with a good team before writing off the PvP. I'll be on a bunch this weekend!
A game is always fun when you are on the winning side. But it's a game fun even if you lose? Halo was, and will hopefully be again. But Destiny? I do not know. I only played two matches, so I won't comment on that.

Karl2177

I thought the grenade launcher was the one cool addition to Halo's sandbox Reach gave us. Good alternate to the fire and forget rocket launcher. When you bounce that shit off the floor, onto a wall, around the corner or some shit, release the trigger and get a kill
VWb1n.png

Frankie pls
Don't forget the Falcon or the Focus Rifle for single player modes. All three were pretty good for the sandbox.

What's your platform? I was thinking about getting in some Salvage this weekend, played one match earlier and it was pretty fun. One of my teammates was borderline braindead, though; finish a firefight, all three dead, they're the only one standing, and they just... walk away. No attempts to revive whatsoever :p

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
A game is always fun when you are on the winning side. But it's a game fun even if you lose? Halo was, and will hopefully be again. But Destiny? I do not know. I only played two matches, so I won't comment on that.
Losing is rarely fun in any game. Destiny has lots of cheap ways to die, but it also has lots of cheap ways to kill. The PvP is all about exploiting all the tricks you have up your sleeve. Throw Halo honor out the window and be cheap as hell. Use your sniper, use your super, use your throwing knife. With three players it's fairly easy to communicate and coordinate and take turns using your abilities for maximum lethality. It's a great feeling.

Anybody want to get me into dat xbone preview program? I want to see if the media player is worth my time but I need an invite. Thanks in advance. GT is XBLYourExWife.

Also, on topic, unless it's a big map, BR is ez mode in SWAT. Magnum all the way.

m23

Anybody want to get me into dat xbone preview program? I want to see if the media player is worth my time but I need an invite. Thanks in advance. GT is XBLYourExWife.

Also, on topic, unless it's a big map, BR is ez mode in SWAT. Magnum all the way.

I'll send an invite your way. Be warned, there are bugs and glitches. Might take a day or two for you to receive a message from XBL.

For some reason I don't see pve tiding people over till MCC on its own. The worlds in destiny are beautiful, but the missions, patrols, & lack of any real exploration really make it get old fast. I couldn't grind or invest in hunting good weapons if i had nothing serious to use them on like pvp.

Destiny's PvP is unbalanced as fuck, but it is fun.

Halo 4's MP was just not fun at all.

Also this. While destiny ha issues its still way more fun than halo 4 for some reason =P

Akai__

Lol Strongside, why you do this?

The car is probably too expensive for him to maintain. Like it's probably wasting lots of gasoline. It was a dumb idea anyways to give out a Halo themed car for that ridiculous "Infinity Challenge". I wouldn't drive it in public, to be honest. :lol

Nebula

The car is probably too expensive for him to maintain. Like it's probably wasting lots of gasoline. It was a dumb idea anyways to give out a Halo themed car for that ridiculous "Infinity Challenge". I wouldn't drive it in public, to be honest. :lol

Truth. I'd have sold it ASAP.

I don't understand this considering Destiny takes everything which people disliked about 4 and made it worse.

It doesn't even have fun base gameplay IMO...

The thing about Destiny is that it is its own thing for better or worse.

H4, much like Reach (but to a lesser degree) shit on its own heritage.

Top Bottom