• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
It is a bit annoying how little 343 are showing us.

What's the last map 343?!

They showed us 2 campaign levels and all but one of the MP maps. They've showed more than enough to keep up surprised. As much as I want info on the last map and more H2A campaign stuff, I'd rather wait a while and be surprised. We can't just get everything at once, we still have months left until MCC release.

[snip - misunderstood what you said]

You should try and pull an AR like this:

http://i.imgur.com/C52tcsd.png[IMG]

The focused fire mod makes a whole lot of difference. Controllable recoil, and I can get consistent headshots across medium sized maps, often times pinging and melting snipers before they can land a single shot.[/QUOTE]
[quote="wwm0nkey, post: 129989840"]I have the best of both worlds

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6dDHi7s.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
These are nuts lol. Didn't even know there were AR's with high stability stats.. With the 100% ROF one I found, I figured there would be no way Bungie would put an AR with a high ROF and high stability.
[quote="Enfinit, post: 129992540"]Where's the Halo in HaloGAF anymore?[/QUOTE]
Soon.

Ramirez

Do you guys predict that the collection will revitalize Halo arena multiplayer?

Probably not. I'm honestly worried about the population for the games once CoD and GTA hit. Halo 4 wasn't good, but I don't think the population drop had much to do with the new elements, I just don't think many people care to play Halo type MP anymore.

Probably not. I'm honestly worried about the population for the games once CoD and GTA hit. Halo 4 wasn't good, but I don't think the population drop had much to do with the new elements, I just don't think many people care to play Halo type MP anymore.

Good thing COD comes out before MCC then :p

How they'll manage 4.5 games, +100 maps is definitely a concern.

If Shadowrun is considered a game, I think H2A multiplayer should be considered one too. There's some good content in there, especially compared to other games that have charged $60+ throughout the years.

6 maps, all with Forge, and several new additions/changes to the sandbox. We're really getting 5 games in TMCC.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
It will definitely bring Halo arena MP back, but I sure hope that 343 can stick to their word on Halo 5 being competitive arena focused MP. If Halo 5 is Halo 4.5 it doesn't matter how much MCC brings the competitive scene back.

This is a valid point. I'm hoping that the multiplayer scenes for the games will liven up, but I'm concerned that having all of the multiplayer experiences will segment the community too much and cause it to wither. In my opinion it would have been a better choice, for the multiplayer's sake, to merge them or create a single, refined version based on Halo 3/2 where everyone plays.

Anyways, 343 have mentioned that they felt Halo 4 was rushed and didn't have enough time to refine the multiplayer. That they wanted the year+ from MCC release to Halo 5 to get feedback in order to improve the game.

Whether that turns into a more refined Halo 4 experience, or a refreshed arena style setup in honor of the originals is anyone's guess I think.

Halo 3 released the same year as CoD 4, yet went on to dominate when you take into account that is a single platform game. I think there is still a community that longs for old school Halo gameplay over all of the CoD style games out now.

A concern indeed. It seems that 343 is handling the interface and online aspects, while Certain Affinity is doing the multiplayer, and Saber Interactive is redoing the Halo 2 campaign. Lot of hands in the pot, but maybe it will work out.

Let's hope that 343 doesn't fuck up the online co-op with lag like they did for Halo 4 and Halo:CE Anniversary. Also, if they fuck up the skill rank system that will be another weight attached to drag the thing down.

Let's hope that 343 doesn't fuck up the online co-op with lag like they did for Halo 4 and Halo:CE Anniversary. Also, if they fuck up the skill rank system that will be another weight attached to drag the thing down.

sadly its already been confirmed by FyreWulf & his wisdom of how the engine works that laggy input's are here to stay since apparently halo co op MUST be p2p instead of on servers ( TДT)

Mistel

Banned
sadly its already been confirmed by FyreWulf & his wisdom of how the engine works that laggy input's are here to stay since apparently halo co op MUST be p2p instead of on servers ( TДT)
Well that sucks. I was going to ask if you wanted to play co-op with me but if its still like that then it might be bit of a exercise in futility. Plus I'd need a console for it so there's that.

singhr1

What? Why can PvP be on dedicated servers but not co-op? I was hoping Spartan Ops would actually be playable online this time rather than the lag-fest that was in Halo 4 due to p2p.

Granadier

Does Bungie have patents on Halo Co-op networking or something? /s I don't really see how it would be impossible for them to have servers for co-op similar to how Reach and previous Halo's handled things.

Maybe they just don't want to invest the money into having servers for co-op.

FyreWulff was also one of many to shut down the possibility of having Halo CE on Xbox LIVE, and rightfully so honestly, but just saying there's always a chance.

Combat Evolved 2

Guys, I did a remix of "Heretic, Hero" from Halo 2's OST.

Listen and give feedback and all that good stuff :)

"Heathen, Champion"

Nice! My criticism is that the Toms sound on the drum kit sounds cheesy, but that may have been your intent. I hear some distortion in the choir at 1:12. I can see that being kind of intentional, but if it is I'd make it sound more intentional and less subtle so people don't think you just peaked out the audio there.

Other than that it's awesome! What choir and drum kit did you use for that?

In other news, just finished the Destiny story missions. Meh. Jellycrackers the story-whore is not pleased. Gameplay is fun though.

Nice! My criticism is that the Toms sound on the drum kit sounds cheesy, but that may have been your intent. I hear some distortion in the choir at 1:12. I can see that being kind of intentional, but if it is I'd make it sound more intentional and less subtle so people don't think you just peaked out the audio there.

Other than that it's awesome! What choir and drum kit did you use for that?

In other news, just finished the Destiny story missions. Meh. Jellycrackers the story-whore is not pleased. Gameplay is fun though.

Cheesy toms was kind of the aim, to make it sound like this was made in 2004, because nostalgia and I have a weird musical philosophy. Distortion occured, because I had trouble with the mix getting everything to be heard clearly and crisply, the lesser of 2 evils, I suppose.

As for the drums and choir, I used only the finest VSTs known to man.

I used the default instruments/samples that came with the program lol don't shoot me

Cheesy toms was kind of the aim, to make it sound like this was made in 2004, because nostalgia and I have a weird musical philosophy. Distortion occured, because I had trouble with the mix getting everything to be heard clearly and crisply, the lesser of 2 evils, I suppose.

As for the drums and choir, I used only the finest VSTs known to man.

I used the default instruments/samples that came with the program lol don't shoot me

No judgment here. I liked the sound.

You might try boosting the choirs just a little bit with an EQ at around 4k or a little higher. Give them a little more of an airy sound if you want them to pop out of the mix better. Then lower the drums in the same frequencies so the choir has its own space. Choirs can be tricky to mix.

No judgment here. I liked the sound.

You might try boosting the choirs just a little bit with an EQ at around 4k or a little higher. Give them a little more of an airy sound if you want them to pop out of the mix better. Then lower the drums in the same frequencies so the choir has its own space. Choirs can be tricky to mix.

Will keep in mind for next time! Glad you liked it! :)

FyreWulff

FyreWulff was also one of many to shut down the possibility of having Halo CE on Xbox LIVE, and rightfully so honestly, but just saying there's always a chance.

Combat Evolved 2

I think I always specified that was if people specifically wanted the Xbox style networking/gameplay, not the PC style netcode/gameplay (leading amount changing depending on your ping, etc).

I bet a dollar they said 'fuck it' and brought over Halo PC's netcode and upped the datarate on it or something.

Does Bungie have patents on Halo Co-op networking or something? /s I don't really see how it would be impossible for them to have servers for co-op similar to how Reach and previous Halo's handled things.

Maybe they just don't want to invest the money into having servers for co-op.

Co-op / AI modes in Halo 3/ODST/Reach were all lockstep just like Halo 4.

It's not impossible to host AI on a server, I just doubt it's inside the scope of this project to do a major re-write of the AI engine for 4 Halo games at once in a budget release. I expect Halo 5 to use dedi-hosted AI, though.

The post where I make my case because I'm not reposting it

TheOddOne

Nothing gets me more pumped for the MCC than playing Destiny
NxPFOqs.gif

No sprint, no loadouts, no +10 text, 1080p60fps Halo.

Granadier

I think I always specified that was if people specifically wanted the Xbox style networking/gameplay, not the PC style netcode/gameplay (leading amount changing depending on your ping, etc).

I bet a dollar they said 'fuck it' and brought over Halo PC's netcode and upped the datarate on it or something.

Co-op / AI modes in Halo 3/ODST/Reach were all lockstep just like Halo 4.

It's not impossible to host AI on a server, I just doubt it's inside the scope of this project to do a major re-write of the AI engine for 4 Halo games at once in a budget release. I expect Halo 5 to use dedi-hosted AI, though.

The post where I make my case because I'm not reposting it

I read your case for it, but it doesn't make sense or explain why Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST, and Halo Reach had near perfect co-op online, while Halo:CEA and Halo 4 had hot garbage for co-op. You're explanation lumps all of them together as using lockstep networking, yet CEA and H4 are most assuredly using a different process for co-op networking. If they used the same as before, it's highly unlikely that it would had suddenly become trash for both games.

I read your case for it, but it doesn't make sense or explain why Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST, and Halo Reach had near perfect co-op online, while Halo:CEA and Halo 4 had hot garbage for co-op. You're explanation lumps all of them together as using lockstep networking, yet CEA and H4 are most assuredly using a different process for co-op networking. If they used the same as before, it's highly unlikely that it would had suddenly become trash for both games.

What the fuck game were you playing?

klodeckel

Banned
Oh man. If Destiny PvP is any indication on what Bungie would have done to the Halo multiplayer in future ... Thank god someone else is responsible for that future now. I really have fun with Destiny in Co-Op. But that PvP. Such an horrible, unbalanced, non-transparent experience. I really don't know what they were thinking. It's like they went 10 steps backward in pretty much every aspect they have done right in their previous games.

I would play Halo 3 co-op because of the Legendary achievement/skull hunting/doing things with friends, and the usual enjoyment of Halo campaigns were secondary, or even tertiary because there was so much damn lag.

Oh man. If Destiny PvP is any indication on what Bungie would have done to the Halo multiplayer in future ... Thank god someone else is responsible for that future now. I really have fun with Destiny in Co-Op. But that PvP. Such an horrible, unbalanced, non-transparent experience. I really don't know what they were thinking. It's like they went 10 steps backward in pretty much every aspect they have done right in their previous games.

It really goes to show that Reach was only the beginning.

Silky

Banned

So 343 saved us

GravyButt

So is the MCC all redone or only 1&2?

Also is it going to be one multiplayer combined? Or individual title multiplayer. If its individual title mp then damn the community is going to be split.

Ps: i know nothing of this collection

So is the MCC all redone or only 1&2?

Also is it going to be one multiplayer combined? Or individual title multiplayer. If its individual title mp then damn the community is going to be split.

Ps: i know nothing of this collection

The collection features:

Halo 1 anniversary campaign (1080p, 60fps)
Halo 2 anniversary campaign (all new, 1080p, 60fps)
Halo 3 campaign (1080p, 60fps, maybe some lighting tweaks?)
Halo 4 campaign (1080p, 60fps, maybe some other stuff)
Halo 1 original multi (all maps, 1080p 60fps)
Halo 2 original multi (all maps, 1080p, 60fps)
Halo 2 Anniversary (6 remade Halo 2 maps, 1080p, 60fps)
Halo 3 original multi (all maps 1080p, 60fps)
Halo 4 original multi (all maps, 1080p, 60fps)

FyreWulff

Halo 2 didn't have co-op originally.

Halo 3 and ODST technically have the second worst co-op because they're not capable of continuing the session once someone leaves.

Reach is the most robust (allows leaving, allows matchmaking). 4's should be pretty much Reach's.

CEA's is the worst, because the original game wasn't meant to be networked at all. It desyncs like a sonofabitch and was terrible for anyone playing with me off-host.

Given that your favorable games all came out before CEA and 4, I'm gonna assume you had different internet or your ISP changed something or you played with different people for the latter ones.

RSB

Banned
Nothing gets me more pumped for the MCC than playing Destiny
Definetly.

I was planning to wait till next year to get an Xbox One, but after playing Destiny I've decided to buy it when the MCC hits. I still have to save 100 more bucks, but I think I'll manage before November.

Agreed. Destiny PvP is so awful...

defghik

Halo 2 didn't have online co-op.

Granadier

Halo 2 didn't have co-op originally.

Halo 3 and ODST technically have the second worst co-op because they're not capable of continuing the session once someone leaves.

Reach is the most robust (allows leaving, allows matchmaking). 4's should be pretty much Reach's.

CEA's is the worst, because the original game wasn't meant to be networked at all. It desyncs like a sonofabitch and was terrible for anyone playing with me off-host.

Given that your favorable games all came out before CEA and 4, I'm gonna assume you had different internet or your ISP changed something or you played with different people for the latter ones.

For me, Reach, CEA, and 4 were all while using the same ISP. 3 was a separate one, and I didn't do much online co-op now that I think about it. But compared to Reach, CEA and 4 were enormous let downs.

Halo 2 didn't have online co-op.

It was a mistake on my part when I originally posted including 2.

Wow, well done 343.

It feels totally tacked on. Honestly I don't know what they were doing all these years. I beat the SP last night and I'm not sure I will touch it again after that bullshit. Cinematic experience? 2 months from now this games population will be in the toilet and the only people left will be loot/rank whores. Beautiful game, great gunplay but what a mess otherwise.

Top Bottom