• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Booties

Banned
i'm insanely tired, but that pvp experience was awful. a lot of the auto rifles feel like garbage and the supers are just dumb. mcc, where are you?

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
i'm insanely tired, but that pvp experience was awful. a lot of the auto rifles feel like garbage and the supers are just dumb. mcc, where are you?

I played one game today and I was getting wrecked by some kid hiding with a sword. Maybe it was a knife? I'm not sure, either way, it was enough PvP for the day. He was moving really fast and stabbing me tons. Seemed like it was really easy too... I try to get one game of Destiny PvP in per day and it's usually enough for me to remember it's not good.

I played one game today and I was getting wrecked by some kid hiding with a sword. Maybe it was a knife? I'm not sure, either way, it was enough PvP for the day. He was moving really fast and stabbing me tons. Seemed like it was really easy too... I try to get one game of Destiny PvP in per day and it's usually enough for me to remember it's not good.

Hunter class can store his/her special and goes in a berserker mode with his knife so he can kill the entire team if you are not aware and have a little shield increase with flash moves to be sometimes invulnerable to gunfire so......

Computron

I almost always go positive K/D R and finish in first about 70% of the time.

I am enjoying the PvP a lot and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I found a Cydonia AR3 that shoots very slow but high damage when zoomed in.
I essentially get all headshots.

In this way, the games is very deliberately slowed and methodically paced, just the way I like it.
In fact, I often forget that my super exists since I am so effective with the AR3.

I can't stand to play with any other gun, and immediately switch to as soon as I am out of PvE, even though its rated at 99 damage. Its all normalized in PvP anyway, so it doesn't matter there.

I am having a blast playing Destiny campaign. Anyone here want Halo 5 campaign to take a bit from destiny? Open world with a bit of RPG. Also have missions similar to strike missions. In my opinion strike missions is what Spartan Ops should have been. With drops and all. As long as nothing carries over to MP other then armor style.
No thanks.

IHaveIce

Banned

I am enjoying the PvP a lot and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I found a Cydonia AR3 that shoots very slow but high damage when zoomed in.

In this way, the games is very deliberately slowed and methodically paced, just the way I like it.
In fact, I often forget that my super exists since I am so effective with the AR3.

I can't stand to play with any other gun, and immediately switch to as soon as I am out of PvE, even though its rated at 99 damage. Its all normalized in PvP anyway, so it doesn't matter there.
Weapons matter in pvp, firerate, impact and stability are not normalized.

And so you like it because you win most of the time gotcha

jem0208

I am having a blast playing Destiny campaign. Anyone here want Halo 5 campaign to take a bit from destiny? Open world with a bit of RPG. Also have missions similar to strike missions. In my opinion strike missions is what Spartan Ops should have been. With drops and all. As long as nothing carries over to MP other then armor style.
No no no no no no no.

Let's not ruin Halo for good, it was just starting to come back.

Competa

Banned
If 343 wanted to make Halo like Desitny Open world, they would need to make The world 10x bigger than destiny. But no, damn no.

TheOddOne

Some of the responses in this thread, man.
kttcolicamby

Nebula

I spent 2 hours yesterday dropping bubble shields on capture points and shotgun-melee comboing people. Felt like I was being a right little scrublord. Shades of Halo with this combo.

Pyke is a pretty cool vehicle movement wise. Really enjoy driving it. Hoping to see 8v8 or above in the future.

Halo 4 for me tonight though. Gotta go fast and ram people.

FyreWulff

I don't regret buying Destiny. There's some issues but I'll give them a chance to deliver on sustain and future updates, like they've said they would. Halo 4 (and H2, H3, Reach) was not only judged for it's launch content, but how they reacted months after it came out.

I mean, the game has it's own update UI on the 360. They're serious about pushing out updates for the thing.

FyreWulff

Also, can 343 and Microsoft please stop saying the MCC is the first time the entire Master Chief saga can be played on one console?

You already could do that on the 360. Yes, I know you held back selling Halo 2 on Xbox Originals, but the disc copies still worked. Please stop trying to insult your fanbase's intelligence.

kthnx,

xXFyReWuLfFXx

Omni

Also, can 343 and Microsoft please stop saying the MCC is the first time the entire Master Chief saga can be played on one console?

You already could do that on the 360. Yes, I know you held back selling Halo 2 on Xbox Originals, but the disc copies still worked. Please stop trying to insult your fanbase's intelligence.

kthnx,

xXFyReWuLfFXx

But the ghosting. Made Halo 2 unplayable for me. Ruined the whole thing

Tawpgun

kthnx,

xXFyReWuLfFXx

I think it's because halo 5 and 6 will be playable on it too

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

kthnx,

xXFyReWuLfFXx

Well...I don't consider halo 1 and 2 to be 360 games...

Sure, they are playable.... In ugly stretched widescreen

kthnx,

xXFyReWuLfFXx
#HireDustinEchoesToSaveHalo

FyreWulff

Well...I don't consider halo 1 and 2 to be 360 games...

Sure, they are playable.... In ugly stretched widescreen

They still play, though.

They could have easily said "For the first time, you can play the entire Master Chief Saga in 60 frames per second", or, "For the first time, all the Master Chief games on one disc" would have been totally legit selling points. It's like they something marketing puts together and has everyone say, because they know everyone is going to regurgitate it, then a few months later after they think everyone has forgotten they did that, they do it again.

The way they treat their own base is reflected in the Xbox One's sales though, so they can keep doing it if they want. People are paying attention to how they talk.

I've come to realize/accept this too. Found an AR that I liked (100% ROF, crazy beast but I like challenges) and used that for a bit because it was fun, didn't feel the need to use anything else. Now though, I have given one of my Hand Cannons a chance and I can't go back to anything else. It's like a new game because it allows me to be crazy acrobatic as a Hunter, but allows for that methodical, precision gameplay because it's so accurate and has great range.

The thing is a damn animal and I don't see anyone using it online.
Hand Cannon nerf in Destiny 2. Some improvements elsewhere. Bungie PR magic and the cycle begins with a new franchise.
I agree about almost all negative points on Destiny, yet I still love the game lol
me too lol
Same, and it helps to have a group of friends to play with whenever you're on. EDIT: "love" is a strong word though lol, so I'll say like :]

Justrekt

Neo Member
When did we start calling the competitive multiplayer PvP? Sure there may be some RPG elements in Destiny, but the comp multiplayer still has the same core as Halo's, CoD's, etc.

When did we start calling the competitive multiplayer PvP? Sure there may be some RPG elements in Destiny, but the comp multiplayer still has the same core as Halo's, CoD's, etc.

"comp" multiplayer. its cod with super powers. dont compare it to good semi-arena shooters like halo. its PvP

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
Hunter class can store his/her special and goes in a berserker mode with his knife so he can kill the entire team if you are not aware and have a little shield increase with flash moves to be sometimes invulnerable to gunfire so......

That must have been what was going on. The guy was never showing up on my radar and out of nowhere, I was dead.... It was a pretty terrible time.

Computron

Weapons matter in pvp, firerate, impact and stability are not normalized.

And so you like it because you win most of the time gotcha

On your first point, I don't know if that is even the case. though they don't communicate everything very clearly.
The damage is normalized though, Only Iron banner has unnormalized weapon damage.

For your second point, I only bring up win rate to show that its possible to play this game in a consistent manner, which has cleared up most problems with cheap/random things like abilities/supers in my experience.

To make a halo analogy, it seems to me like some people are raging because they are using the ARs and shit and haven't discovered the BR yet. Soooo many of the problems with things like cheap abilities, supers and shotguns are solved when you aren't running around with a close range pea shooter. (Kinda like in halo...)

Most importantly though, the gun I am using (AR3 with slow-fire-when-scoped mod) makes everything medium range, deliberately paced engagements were headshots decide everything, which is precisely what I liked about Halo 2/3's BR combat.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Do you guys predict that the collection will revitalize Halo arena multiplayer?

Computron

I've come to realize/accept this too. Found an AR that I liked (100% ROF, crazy beast but I like challenges) and used that for a bit because it was fun, didn't feel the need to use anything else. Now though, I have given one of my Hand Cannons a chance and I can't go back to anything else. It's like a new game because it allows me to be crazy acrobatic as a Hunter, but allows for that methodical, precision gameplay because it's so accurate and has great range.

[snip - misunderstood what you said]

You should try and pull an AR like this:

C52tcsd.png

The focused fire mod makes a whole lot of difference. Controllable recoil, and I can get consistent headshots across medium sized maps, often times pinging and melting snipers before they can land a single shot.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
Do you guys predict that the collection will revitalize Halo arena multiplayer?

It will definitely bring Halo arena MP back, but I sure hope that 343 can stick to their word on Halo 5 being competitive arena focused MP. If Halo 5 is Halo 4.5 it doesn't matter how much MCC brings the competitive scene back.

wwm0nkey

[snip - misunderstood what you said]

You should try and pull an AR like this:

C52tcsd.png

The focused fire mod makes a whole lot of difference. Controllable recoil, and I can get consistent headshots across medium sized maps, often times pinging and melting snipers before they can land a single shot.

I have the best of both worlds

6dDHi7s.jpg

Omni

Every time I come in to this thread I have to check I'm actually in HaloGAF.

This is like DestinyGAF 2.0.
Yeaaap. And the multiplayer in Destiny isn't even good. It's so random and chaotic and unbalanced. I don't know how people can enjoy it

Whatever the case, it's not like we have much Halo stuff to talk about. 343i needs to show us the last map or Coag or something

jem0208

Yeaaap. And the multiplayer in Destiny isn't even good. It's so random and chaotic and unbalanced. I don't know how people can enjoy it

Whatever the case, it's not like we have much Halo stuff to talk about. 343i needs to show us the last map or Coag or something
It is a bit annoying how little 343 are showing us.

What's the last map 343?!

Top Bottom