• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Booshka

image.php

1279617800_Carmelo-Anthony-lying-on-the-floor.gif

Fathead

Oh man. If Destiny PvP is any indication on what Bungie would have done to the Halo multiplayer in future ... Thank god someone else is responsible for that future now. I really have fun with Destiny in Co-Op. But that PvP. Such an horrible, unbalanced, non-transparent experience. I really don't know what they were thinking. It's like they went 10 steps backward in pretty much every aspect they have done right in their previous games.

I would rather have my teeth extracted than play destiny PvP. It is so bad. There are no gun battles. You cant have one for more than a second before you get supered.

Ugh. MCC cant get here fast enough.

jem0208

The collection features:

Halo 1 anniversary campaign (1080p, 60fps)
Halo 2 anniversary campaign (all new, 1080p, 60fps)
Halo 3 campaign (1080p, 60fps, maybe some lighting tweaks?)
Halo 4 campaign (1080p, 60fps, maybe some other stuff)
Halo 1 original multi (all maps, 1080p 60fps)
Halo 2 original multi (all maps, 1080p, 60fps)
Halo 2 Anniversary (6 remade Halo 2 maps, 1080p, 60fps)
Halo 3 original multi (all maps 1080p, 60fps)
Halo 4 original multi (all maps, 1080p, 60fps)
Has Halo 2 Anniversary been confirmed as 1080p yet?

Has Halo 2 Anniversary been confirmed as 1080p yet?
They said multiple times that the Master Chief Collection will be 1080p and 60fps.

Edit.: My fault. Most of the comments were connected to Halo 3 and Halo 4. Otherwise IGN says following:
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is a Xbox One game that brings together Halos 1,2,3 and 4, all on one disc, running at 60FPS, 1080p. Each game will have its full multiplayer suite, including all DLC maps, and each game will be running on its original engine with award winning new P2P architecture for multiplayer. A fan favorite mode, the Forge, will also return, and be available for maps found within Halo 2, 3 and 4.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/halo-master-chief-collection

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
Oh man. If Destiny PvP is any indication on what Bungie would have done to the Halo multiplayer in future ... Thank god someone else is responsible for that future now. I really have fun with Destiny in Co-Op. But that PvP. Such an horrible, unbalanced, non-transparent experience. I really don't know what they were thinking. It's like they went 10 steps backward in pretty much every aspect they have done right in their previous games.

Honestly i'm happy halo is in 343i's hands. As much as I love bungie, I think they would have kept going down that path forever, even if there was a massive backlash.

m23

Man, trading in destiny for Diablo 3 is one of the best things I've done. Diablo is amazing, so damn addicting. If anyone is playing on Xbone hit me up.

Madness

Honestly i'm happy halo is in 343i's hands. As much as I love bungie, I think they would have kept going down that path forever, even if there was a massive backlash.

Don't necessarily agree with this. I'm guessing the only reason they experimented with Reach so much was because they wanted to try something new to end their development of the series with. They knew going in that they'd only do one map pack and officially leave the franchise 9 months after launch. They had no stake in Halo going forward. So they tested loadouts, and armor abilities, things like jetpacks, greater verticality in map design gave us things like Spire/Boneyard, brought forge world thinking that players could create their own maps much better than Halo 3, expanded on firefight (even if people don't feel it was as good as ODST), introduced the credit system, expanded player customization, etc. Even in campaign, they tested things like the Sabre space mission.

With Destiny, there is nothing to compare it to, and by essence hold them back. They can make PvP anyway they want to. I'm pretty sure Activision coming on board and the success of Call of Duty and other shooters is a big reason Destiny plays the way it does. They literally went against their own FPS design of the past ten years for Destiny. If they were to keep making Halo, they'd have definitely seen the backlash Reach got and definitely tried to assuage fears. But they don't need to worry about those who hated Halo 3 or Reach, especially with the PlayStation crowd. As bad as I think Destiny PvP is, there are equal numbers of people I'm seeing on various forums saying it's the most fun they've ever had, especially with good teammates. In time, I'm sure, just like with Battlefield and Call of Duty, Destiny will have it's own fans of the multiplayer.

IHaveIce

Banned
Man, trading in destiny for Diablo 3 is one of the best things I've done. Diablo is amazing, so damn addicting. If anyone is playing on Xbone hit me up.
I also started to play it again.

Diablo couch coop with the fiance, damn this is a loot experience, Destiny is only good with a fireteam that also jokes about the game and so you can just talk shit and laugh about the design decisions ( shoutout to JumperJumpz)

Diablo couch coop with the fiance, damn this is a loot experience, Destiny is only good with a fireteam that also jokes about the game and so you can just talk shit and laugh about the design decisions ( shoutout to JumperJumpz)
This is exclusively how I and my friends have been playing Destiny. We dominate in team death match and wonder out loud how the fuck this game took 5+ years to make

Booties

Banned
I really like destiny's gunplay, weapons and movement, but I wish the story wasn't so dumb and non-existant. The grimore cards are messed up for me. A lot of the content on the app cuts off mid sentence.

The radar is amazing. Would like to see bungie's good ideas in the next halo, but I'm glad they're not making halo anymore because they would have put this class based stuff in every halo game based on Reach and Destiny.

wwm0nkey

So what are your guys line up of major games for the rest of the year?

October is Smash Bros. November is the MCC and December will be Guilty Gear Xrd -sign- for me.

Very hyped about all those too lol

October is Smash Bros. November is the MCC and December will be Guilty Gear Xrd -sign- for me.

Destiny --> Sunset overdrive (maybe) --> MCC --> Destiny expansion --> Halo 5 beta.

Omni

Assassin's Creed Unity and MCC. Maybe GTAV if I feel like blowing cash

That's about it really

Ramirez

I also started to play it again.

To be fair, Diablo's loot system was atrocious on release. Which was even more baffling coming off D2, the best loot game ever.

To the guy who said Halo 3 dominated CoD4, that was a different time and place. Those games switched top spots pretty regularly. A game like CoD4 wouldn't even be accepted by most console FPS fans these days, that game was pretty bare bones on the bullshit like current CoD.

KI Season 2 (does that even count? lol)
Forza Horzion 2
Alien Isolation
Sunset Overdrive
MCC

All this + Destiny should last me a while lol

Sephzilla

Alien Isolation - Hyrule Warriors - Bayonetta 2 - Sunset Overdrive - MCC - Smash Brothers

This fall is going to fucking ruin my checking account.

What the fuck game were you playing?
From the beginning, you know the end...
lol
The radar is amazing. Would like to see bungie's good ideas in the next halo, but I'm glad they're not making halo anymore because they would have put this class based stuff in every halo game based on Reach and Destiny.
Destiny's motion tracker is one of the best I've used. It gives you the general location of the enemy, but it's not as precise and detailed as the overpowered Halo motion trackers.

Forza Horzion 2
Alien Isolation
Sunset Overdrive
MCC

Hyrule Warriors
Smash 3DS
KI Season 2
Sunset Overdrive
Halo
Smash Wii U

With Halo and Smash coming out, I won't have to worry about multiplayer games for a long time. "Oh is there nothing new and exciting right now? Halo and Smash."

Have they said anything about more playlists dedicated to individual games?
There will be hoppers dedicated to individual games.

There is only one game, Geo Wars 3!

Sunset Overdrive, GTA, Halo, AC Unity, possibly Far Cry (at least two of those games will probably have to wait until early next year)

Fuchsdh

I want to finish up Bioshock Infinite, Halo Wars, Spartan Assault, and Assassin's Creed II before my Sunset Overdrive bundle / MCC hit.

Yay for last gen and GwG.

m23

Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, Halo MCC, and maybe LOTR during the holidays in December.

Sephzilla

With Halo and Smash coming out, I won't have to worry about multiplayer games for a long time. "Oh is there nothing new and exciting right now? Halo and Smash."

I'm in the same boat. After MCC and Smash the only game seriously on my radar at all is Bloodborne. After that I'm totally set with video games until maybe Halo 5.

Tawpgun

Would love Destiny's motion tracker in Halo. I found no radar annoying because if your teammates didn't communicate you had no idea where people were.

But full radar was just a big crutch leading to people turtling a lot and camping more.

Destiny's fixes that.

FyreWulff

Bungie was deleting most of the AAs before they had to hand off Reach. 343 went and added the full palette back to most of the playlists and added more achievements related to AAs, locking them into existing in matchmaking forever.

The actions of the developers is the opposite of what you state. 343 heard the backlash over perks in Halo 4, and added two more of them as paid DLC 6 months after the game came out.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Bungie was deleting most of the AAs before they had to hand off Reach. 343 went and added the full palette back to most of the playlists and added more achievements related to AAs, locking them into existing in matchmaking forever.

The actions of the developers is the opposite of what you state. 343 heard the backlash over perks in Halo 4, and added two more of them as paid DLC 6 months after the game came out.

This. Bungie slowly moved the focus away from uneven combat in Reach, and 343 continued to push it back in. Then they pushed more of it with Halo 4.

edit: I was just going to link the "One year later: Halo 4" post for people, when I realized you were the one who wrote it.

Well done.

CyReN

Bungie seems to work better under pressure/time crunch, when they take their time you end up with something too ambitious and not good it seems.

Curious how Halo 2 would have ended if they followed their vision with 16v16 instead of arena/small map focus with extra time. Totally different from Destiny but it makes you wonder as a fan.

Titan Bubble Shield master race.

Damn straight. A lot of people don't seem to know how to handle it; I've killed entire teams who rushed into the bubble one by one.

Bungie seems to work better under pressure/time crunch, when they take their time you end up with something too ambitious and not good it seems.

Curious how Halo 2 would have ended if they followed their vision with 16v16 instead of arena/small map focus with extra time. Totally different from Destiny but it makes you wonder as a fan.

Yeah, seems to be a pattern. Bungie's just not that great at time management; apparently, the whole Grimoire was a last-second thing, and the reason it's only in the app is because if they had asked for the time to put it in the game it wouldn't have made it in at all.

I kind of want a 12 v 12 or 16 v 16 mode in Halo, but you'd have to be very, very careful about how you handled it, in terms of map and mode design.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Maybe Destiny will end up like D3 and be saved by DLC and reworked systems.

The game's alright, but not anywhere near what everyone thought it would be.

Maybe Destiny will end up like D3 and be saved by DLC and reworked systems.

The game's alright, but not anywhere near what everyone thought it would be.

I think that the problem is, Diablo's problems started at the end game; Destiny's are more pervasive than that. Frankly, I don't see them getting fixed until Destiny 2. All they can really do at this point is slap a bandaid over it with additional content.

Forza Horzion 2
Alien Isolation
Sunset Overdrive
MCC

Fantastic list. I'd add Titanfall for myself since I still don't have an xbox one yet and really want to try them out.

EDIT:
Q4 2014 and Q1 in 2015 is going to be a fantastic time for gamers. I'm also eagerly awaiting Smash Bros U and Splatoon.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I think that the problem is, Diablo's problems started at the end game; Destiny's are more pervasive than that. Frankly, I don't see them getting fixed until Destiny 2. All they can really do at this point is slap a bandaid over it with additional content.

I doubt they'll fix the story missions themselves (as it's not really feasible), but I wouldn't be surprised to see deep expansions with new locales and better structured missions. Even just a higher loot drop rate and reduced enemy respawns would go a long way in the short term.

But yeah there's no fixing the story lol. Interesting premise but the execution fell totally flat. I bought the dumb kid edition so I guess I'm in for the long haul.

Deception

September FH2. October SO possibly ACU and LoTR. November TMCC.

Titan Bubble Shield master race.
Titan shield on Salvage.

GG bungle
I doubt they'll fix the story missions themselves (as it's not really feasible), but I wouldn't be surprised to see deep expansions with new locales and better structured missions. Even just a higher loot drop rate and reduced enemy respawns would go a long way in the short term.

But yeah there's no fixing the story lol. Interesting premise but the execution fell totally flat. I bought the dumb kid edition so I guess I'm in for the long haul.
Is this where we all call you dumb kid?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Seeeeriously. Except for me the rotating list will be Halo, Destiny, Smash, Diablo, and Mario Kart.

Edit : It kills me how much you all hate Destiny, lol. I frickin love it. 3v3 and the Heroic Strikes are so good.

Top Bottom