• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Akai__

New gameplay (even on Zanzibar): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKfyoZpqGl0&list=UUTTx-gTU-ePcxHLpF15l8hA

Embargo has been lifted, so we should see a lot more today.
Hopefully!

That Gungoose. Wow!

ibnGmCMv3yMSjm.gif

Omni

Okay, that visor is looking freaking badass.

I suppose it won't look like that during gameplay. But still. It's what I always wanted in Halo 3

Omni

I'm pretty sure it does. I Immediately noticed the new visor look when the Lockdown livestream at Pax was being shown.

Oh? Interesting. It would be very cool if so!

The depth of field in these shots is interesting. I don't suppose we'd be getting a proper theatre/camera mode, eh? 'cause that would be awesome. Needs to happen in Halo 5 at least

Those screen shots are beautiful. Tbh this is the first time seen thegame and it looks properly next gen, they've must have been doing a lot of polish lately. The detail on those guns and the visors hnnnnnnggggggg

Omni

When 343i say that they've improved Halo 3's lighting, am I the only one who irrationally thinks that they'll screw it up somehow?

I don't know why. Halo 3's HDR lighting was amazing. I can see them cutting it back to gain performance. And I'd still like to know about AA tbh

Smidget

Sorry if this has been asked ad nauseum, but will there be a "random Team Slayer" type gametype in MCC that will just randomly cycle Team Slayer through all of the games/maps/etc.? Or will I always need to start in each game and pick from there?

And I'm assuming only play each type of Halo on their respective maps. Can't play Halo 4 style on Halo 1 maps unless they were remastered for that version?

Vico

Sorry if this has been asked ad nauseum, but will there be a "random Team Slayer" type gametype in MCC that will just randomly cycle Team Slayer through all of the games/maps/etc.? Or will I always need to start in each game and pick from there?

And I'm assuming only play each type of Halo on their respective maps. Can't play Halo 4 style on Halo 1 maps unless they were remastered for that version?

The Master Chief Collection team slayer playlist in action:
iXS9JXy1nqh7O.gif

And yes you can only play with a game's gameplay on the corresponding maps.

Smidget

The Master Chief Collection team slayer playlist in action:
And yes you can only play with a game's gameplay on the corresponding maps.

Wow, looks great, thank you :) And I assume if I do match making Team Slayer those are the maps that will be used and voted on :) Awesome!!!!! Cannot wait.

woodland

The medals from the Zanzibar video still look like crap. If they're still placeholders, cool, but I doubt 343's gonna stray very far from H4's "meh designed medals for everyone". Pity.

singhr1

That looks more powerful than I expected it to be. I wonder how it fairs against a ghost?

To be fair, that mongoose in the gif was already weakened. But yeah, looks badass. I would think this is prty inaccurate from a distance because it is just SMGs strapped to the front. I would also think the ghost would have a higher damage tolerance to compensate for the 2 people that could be riding in the gungoose.

Madness

So fucking happy, it looks like they fixed the screen shake during grenade throws. Look at 2:07 in the Italian video when the guy throws two nades right near him, his screen doesn't shake violently like in the PAX game play no?

Mistel

Banned
Yes this is key. I can imagine it'd be fairly difficult to try and shoot someone running by you.
As long as you can stay on the sides or behind it a player is safe from the whole turning circle point of view. As it can't strafe like a ghost and encircle you.

So fucking happy, it looks like they fixed the screen shake during grenade throws. Look at 2:07 in the Italian video when the guy throws two nades right near him, his screen doesn't shake violently like in the PAX game play no?

I didn't even notice the screen shaking while I was playing.

Madness

I didn't even notice the screen shaking while I was playing.

Yeah, I was speaking to Frankie about it, he also mentioned that you don't really notice it as you're playing, but it's evident when you're watching, especially when it's something you've noticed and will notice again and again. I never really knew toll it was pointed out here in the thread. Watch the PAX tournament replays, and watch when you have 3-4 grenades flying. It definitely gets too crazy.

Then again, you also played recently in Anaheim, maybe it was a newer build? If you watch the Italian video link, look at 2:07 and it seems the shake is all but gone when the guy throws two nades at his feet.

If I remember correctly, it was a modified version of the PAX build, but changes came from being primarily less buggy.

I think that's how they described it.

Sephzilla

So what is the last map likely going to be? Midship right?

-Zanzibar
-Sanctuary
-Lockout
-Coagulation
-Ascension
-?

Headlong. I want to believe.

Probably Midship

Ugh. Is it November yet?!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, they're passing up on a sure fire money maker by not making the rest of the Halo 2 maps DLC

Top Bottom