• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

willow ve

Reach with that great playlist management. Really lowering the bar for the MCC.

+++++

So on LAN - can I hook a 4 port switch into a 4 port router and get 7 total Xbox 360's to see each other via system link?

Anyone?

belushy

Banned
The population counter is definitely working again.

34,876 Players Online

Team Slayer: 4096
Team SWAT: 1135
Team Snipers: 821
Living Dead: 2207
Invasion: 664

Super Slayer: 99
Team Objective: 101
Rumble Pit: 320
Double Team: 171
Big Team Battle: 1250
Multi Team: 382
Arena: 83

Anni Classic: 217
Anni FF: 63

MLG: 222
Grifball: 576

Co Op: 128
Score Attack: 90
Firefight: 434

Lame, everyone is just sticking to the top playlists. Needs more in BTB and Anni Classic. Oh and MLG's pop is looks nice too.

Loxley

Hey guys, are there and Halo-related YouTube channels worth checking out (aside from the official ones, that is)? Doesn't really matter what the focus is (MP/co-op/SP). I'm looking for ways to get my Halo fix in these last two months until the MCC hits.

Karl2177

Reach with that great playlist management. Really lowering the bar for the MCC.

+++++

So on LAN - can I hook a 4 port switch into a 4 port router and get 7 total Xbox 360's to see each other via system link?

Anyone?
Does the switch have 4 ports on the back or is there a 5th port specifically for connecting to another device? I the switch only has 4 ports on the back, you'll only be able to connect 6 Xboxes in.

Maybe people just weren't playing it. Arena had very low population before Halo 4 was out.

The counter was never broken.
All transition titles(3/Reach) had broken counters about a month before Halo 4 shipped.

pacman85

Did you guys hear that Forza Horizon 2 is being released digitally at 12am est on 9/30? I hope TMCC does this as well.
I was just telling my buddy this as well! It sure would be nice not to have to wait until 2AM my time (central) if it doesn't come out until 12AM pacific time.

pacman85

Wasn't that the case with like every game on Xbox One so far?
Nope, every other game that has allowed digital pre-loading/pre-ordering hasn't come out until 12AM Pacific making everyone else in the USA wait until well after midnight to play their game.

Hmm, kinda ironic bungie's last halo game goes free a week after their new game releases.
Also as of two days ago it marks the 4th year anniversary of halo reach. sep 14, 2010

Remember
Reach

Remember
Reach

tumblr_n19fci0oLT1sxoa96o4_400.gif

Hmm, kinda ironic bungie's last halo game goes free a week after their new game releases.
Also as of two days ago it marks the 4th year anniversary of halo reach. sep 14, 2010

Remember
Reach

Shit, it's been 4 years already. I always remember the Halo 3 and ODST dates, but Reach slipped my mind. :lol

Playing Destiny, some of the music brings back memories of sitting in the lobby in Reach.

Let's get that MCC train going. I'm in the mood for some Haloez.

Who is this for?

Like, marketing wise, who is this for? If you're die hard enough to be reading Halo comics there's no reason to have a jumping-on point, and if you're not die hard enough to be reading the Halo comics you probably have enough sense to not read the Halo comics without absorbing the copious amounts of backstory which would, at that point, make you enough of a die hard to read Escalation from the beginning.

There's just so much shit happening with the narrative now it's hard to keep track of it all.

Is this going to be required reading to understand what Halo 5 is about? Will it actually make Halo 5 understandable, unlike the Forerunner Saga and the Kilo-Five trilogy for Halo 4?

This is a pretty standard description for new comic solicitations. New story arc tends to be expressed as "great jumping on point". I wouldn't read too much into it.

Nope, every other game that has allowed digital pre-loading/pre-ordering hasn't come out until 12AM Pacific making everyone else in the USA wait until well after midnight to play their game.
Yeah it's so strange how that's been a thing so far.. East Coast Best Coast.

aycb

Neo Member
On a different note I have not seen anyone complain about sprint in Destiny in PvE or PvP. Considering how much stick Halo 4/Reach got about sprint I just found that interesting.

Different games, no? I don't mind sprint in COD or Battlefield.

I wonder if 343 can have the MCC be "Halo" for voice commands. "Xbox, go to Halo" rather than "Xbox, go to Halo: The Master Chief Collection"

Deception

Yeah it's so strange how that's been a thing so far.. East Coast Best Coast.

Yup seems more logical to have people get it early for buying digital rather than having to wait. FH2 choosing 12est makes me believe its up to the developer so hopefully 343 chooses right!

Frankie plz!

Amusingly, after I stopped sprinting in PvP, my K/D went waaaaay up. Sprinting people are easy to kill :)

I've only played half a dozen or so PvP matches but I used it very similar to Halo 4 sprint. I sprint to get near where I am going then just play no sprint as I approach the battle/enemy.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I've only played half a dozen or so PvP matches but I used it very similar to Halo 4 sprint. I sprint to get near where I am going then just play no sprint as I approach the battle/enemy.

Or use sprint to run out of a sticky situation if you think you will die otherwise.

Also, there's probably less outcry about it because Destiny plays more similar to CoD than it does to Halo.

Or use sprint to run out of a sticky situation if you think you will die otherwise.

Also, there's probably less outcry about it because Destiny plays more similar to CoD than it does to Halo.

Sprint out of trouble, sure on occasion e.g. I realise I'm about to get stomped by 3 or 4 enemies at once on radar or I want to bait them back into a kill zone for my team mates.

Of course it will.

Who actually wants these? I feel so left behind because I refuse to pay for shitty comics that are obviously just rushed and thrown out the door. How irritating.

Eh. Just read the plot synopsis and/or tvtropes page. You'll be about as caught up as you can be without having to deal with the art.

i do, i have enjoyed every issue so far

I've enjoyed the latter Halo comics and I have bought less than 10 comics my entire life. I think too many here actually take the snippets of bad art as if the whole comic is like that. It's not, there is some shit stuff, some average and some good. Overall worth the $3 or $4 given the story.

FyreWulff

Waited until it was late enough for most people to be home from work to check the populations again. old numbers on left, current as of this post on right:

34,876 -> 43,201 Players Online

Team Slayer: 4096 -> 5525
Team SWAT: 1135 -> 1987
Team Snipers: 821 -> 1051
Living Dead: 2207 -> 2775
Invasion: 664 -> 942

Super Slayer: 99 -> 159
Team Objective: 101 -> 139
Rumble Pit: 320 -> 431
Double Team: 171 -> 306
Big Team Battle: 1250 -> 1865
Multi Team: 382 -> 460
Arena: 83 -> 130

Anni Classic: 217 -> 220
Anni FF: 63 -> 43

MLG: 222 -> 265
Grifball: 576 > 930

Co Op: 128 -> 171
Score Attack: 90 -> 92
Firefight: 434 > 590

Halo 4 population: 6,920 -> 9,467 in the same timeframe

Actually surprised by how seemingly tough it is. Can't wait to jump in myself

I've tried it twice with two different groups and we can't even open the door to get into the Raid. I love how challenging it is, but it can certainly be discouraging trying to open a damn door for 1 hour+ and getting nowhere fast. I'm a sucker for the high difficulty PvE stuff, so I'll keep trying. Just got to get a good group of level 26+ players with a lot of class and gear variety. I'm determined to get it done, though.

People don't complain as much about sprint in destiny because it has waaaaay worse stuff

Sprint is so necessary to getting that "flow" going in Destiny that it's just wrecked my left thumbstick on my xbone controller.

We've totally got to try that raid again. I'm level 26 now, and we should probably only have 26+.

Yes we should. And yes 26+ seems pretty necessary from what I've gathered
(via epic failure after epic failure)

People don't complain as much about sprint in destiny because it has waaaaay worse stuff
I have this armor that gives me instant weapon switching.

Halo needs instant weapon switching. My fingers and brain want to move faster than what the controls allow me to. Speed this game up a bit in places where it'll help IMO.

Vooduu

Halo needs instant weapon switching. My fingers and brain want to move faster than what the controls allow me to. Speed this game up a bit in places where it'll help IMO.

That would be unfair. I can just imagine shotgun combos.

m23

We don't need that in Halo lol. Noob combos would destroy the game.

Top Bottom