• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Didn't someone say the last map won't be Halo 2 DLC?

I hope it's not Headlong, at least. Never understood the love for that map.

Damn.

But still, Waterworks is a fine map.

Probably fits in nicely with the interactive and 'shoot things for other things to happen' style they're going for in the remastered maps.

That would be unfair. I can just imagine shotgun combos.
Shotgun is a power weapon, so maybe not for those. It's not unfair if it's a base trait.
We don't need that in Halo lol. Noob combos would destroy the game.
Noob combos would only destroy the game if the tracking is.. noob.

Have you guys played with Destiny's instant weapon switching? It's hardly game-breaking, but it helps speed up the game and feel less clunky, by a lot. Halo 4 had Dexterity, but that was a drastic difference from default.

That Zanzibar video got me hyped.

Goddamn I cannot wait.

EDIT: I just realized I will be able to play Halo 3 in awesome HD with my security helmet and sword combo.
untitled-14g2s0o.gif

Trey

Say what you will about destiny, but damn Bungie is leagues ahead of 343 when it comes to UI. MCC looks so amateur.

I don't really care this time around considering the game itself is that good. Nobody would be talking about UI at all if Halo 4 was the best entry in the series.

Just saw Zanzibar and damn.. I really hope Halo 5 has a better color palette to the multiplayer maps because I've grown tired, like 5 years ago, of so many browns, dulled colors, orange filters on Lockout, gritty art styles in games, busy and complicated geometry everywhere, etc.

Some clean and pristine maps with some color to them would be welcomed.
Gungoose is legit.

pacman85

It will not be Midship. They have already revealed that as being re-made in the Halo 5 beta which comes with this game. No way they double up on it. My guess, like others have said, is for Terminal. Speaking of the final map, do you guys think they will reveal it at TGS which is coming up here in the next few days!

Just saw Zanzibar and damn.. I really hope Halo 5 has a better color palette to the multiplayer maps because I've grown tired, like 5 years ago, of so many browns, dulled colors, orange filters on Lockout, gritty art styles in games, busy and complicated geometry everywhere, etc.

Some clean and pristine maps with some color to them would be welcomed.
Gungoose is legit.
Have you not seen h5: guardians beta? There's color errywhere.

Ampoc

Neo Member

Something about this picture just hits me man. It's like a weird feeling of nostalgia. It's beautiful. The clouds, the sky in general, the lighting on the spartans, the overgrown features.. It looks like how Halo 2 looked to babby old me back in the day..

Sephzilla

Something about this picture just hits me man. It's like a weird feeling of nostalgia. It's beautiful. The clouds, the sky in general, the lighting on the spartans, the overgrown features.. It looks like how Halo 2 looked to babby old me back in the day..

I know that feel.

In my mind this is how Halo 2 still looks to me.

matthieuC

Totally agree. It's hard to describe, but it feels so right.

FyreWulff

off topic but

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/256785/rock-band-network-official-sunsetting-announcement

;_;

Zanzibar always looks great in your head. Then you actually load it up.

"what the fuck happened to this map while i was gone"

Have you not seen h5: guardians beta? There's color errywhere.
From the very few scenes we saw of a couple maps? Yeah, I saw the same tease lol.
Can't wait, loving the Spartan models.

matthieuC

Yeah as long as there is absolutely no frame rate in multi I don't care. I am a little surprised though that locked fps couldn't be achieved as it's not the most graphically intensive game.

DJ Gunner

Guessing it has more to do with the instant switching/engine overlay than anything else. I won't lie, while MP is the whole reason I'm hyped- I want the campaign to work well too. I had plenty of wow moments the first time I played the game and have been looking forward to reliving those (remade).

aj1467

Where did you see no hitmarkers? I've seen hitmarkers everywhere, but it seems like the text in the middle is gone for good. Now only unneccessary medals like "comeback kill" need to go...

Why would it? Are there any rumours about it?

I thought I couldn't see any hitmarkers on the new Zanzibar gameplay... Unless I can't see them because I watched it on my phone xD I dunno :p

Madness

There is a reason I stopped reading Kotaku.
Just look at these choice quotes from the article.

"Admittedly, it was a lot slower than the modern shooters I've grown accustomed to"

"I'm concerned, then, despite the fact that on the whole Halo 2 Anniversary's multiplayer played quite well. It feels a little ancient these days."

These so-called journos just spout this shit and never really say why they think this. Anyone who's seen or played the H2A multiplayer has said it's never been faster, the movement speed, strafe, and 60fps are so fluid and fast. So how is it a lot slower than modern shooters? Has this guy played modern shooters? Aside from the boost of sprint, everything from aiming sights, jumping, crouching, crawling is so slow.

And then second part about it feeling ancient, I just knew people will write that. I've been saying it since Halo 4 launch, that if 343 went for the classic 1-3 game play without the stuff Reach/Halo 4 introduced, you'll have people say, the game play is ancient, dated, etc.

A new sidescrolling Mario where you still jump on enemies heads never will get the words dated/ancient game play in articles. But Halo, when it goes back to its roots of equal starts, fast movement, on map weapons, gets it because it doesn't have perks, loadouts, killstreaks etc.

It's his opinion though. But the thing I hate most is, if other games you play have something you like, why does Halo need it to? If you're happy with sprint, and 64 player Battlefield and wall running and killstreaks, keep playing those games. Why does every game have to play/look the same? /end rant.

Anyone who's seen or played the H2A multiplayer has said it's never been faster, the movement speed, strafe, and 60fps are so fluid and fast. So how is it a lot slower than modern shooters?
I did at times wish the movement speed was upped a bit. Felt a little slow at times – like I could move faster in Halo 3.

Am I the only one that thinks the video footage of Zanzibar seems like the map is scaled up or the spartans scaled down? The spartans seemed smaller and the distances look longer e.g. hallways/pathways seem wider etc.

I'm not whining but just noticing it. I'm sure it plays great.

Am I the only one that thinks the video footage of Zanzibar seems like the map is scaled up or the spartans scaled down? The spartans seemed smaller and the distances look longer e.g. hallways/pathways seem wider etc.

I'm not whining but just noticing it. I'm sure it plays great.

It reminded me more of Last Resort.

Omni

It reminded me more of Last Resort.

Agreed but I can seen map model elements from Zanzibar. Take a look in the video when a sniper zooms in from camp froman to headshot an enemy going from wall to camo tower. It just seems quite different in zoom length and spartan size.

EDIT: one thing that makes me so happy about MCC is we were in a Destiny 6 man fireteam last night and everyone starts talking about MCC dropping (once again). MCC has me chomping at the bit. I'm wondering how much Azure dedis are going to trump the Bungie servers in Australia too. Can't wait. Destiny PvP has these weird kill delays sometimes which really remind me of P2P, I guess they're overseas players getting matched/sync'd up etc.

Top Bottom