• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Madness

It fucking better.

If I can't say "Grenade!" And have the game throw a grenade, the game isn't worth playing.

What a medium. So unprogressive. Almost 30 years later and we still play games the same way we did when it all started. Pushing buttons. So unproductive and useless. Why can't I just talk to the game and have it play itself.

"You mean you have to use your hands?" "That's like a baby's toy!"

Omni

It fucking better.

If I can't say "Grenade!" And have the game throw a grenade, the game isn't worth playing.

What a medium. So unprogressive. Almost 30 years later and we still play games the same way we did when it all started. Pushing buttons. So unproductive and useless. Why can't I just talk to the game and have it play itself.

You know with anyone else I'd take this as sarcasm... But I really can't tell here

It fucking better.

image.php

It fucking better.

3/10. Such thirst for a new tag.

Remember the pre-release talk of a Kinect easter egg in CEA?

I thought I solved it when the game came out - saying "Fyrewulff" made MC throw a grenade, which could be really dangerous if you weren't expecting it. Masterful trolling for the .map confusion!

(Turns out the easter egg was "Lightning Bolt" and "Fireball" and my Kinect was just hearing what it wanted to hear.)

It fucking better.

Never change, speedy.
JEN HUST CONFIRMED THAT HALSEY IS IN HALO 5
Wait we needed a confirmation for this? Halsey needs to be in every Halo.

Halsey needs her own Mjolnir armor!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Lol, I stopped playing Spartan Ops around season 2 or something. Had no fucking idea what was going on in that video. Halsey got her arm cut off?

its like they threw Halo 4 into the sun
Wasn't this one person's idea? Probably the same person we can blame for everything else. Why were we blaming Kevin Franklin when there are storylines being thrown into the Sun?

This person should be demoted
/promoted
to
space
janitor.

[SpOps Team Meeting]

Lead Writer: "We need an awesome ending to SpOps Season 1.5, got any ideas team?"

Writer: "Let's hurl Requiem into a sun?"

Writer: "Keep Palmer alive and have Infinity escape the super nova?"

Me: *resting on one hand* "Why not do season 2 expansion on Requiem and kill off Palmer with a QTE?"

*Lead Writer with pissed off look*
*My calm and collected face*
*I get thrown out the window*

GrizzNKev

Banned
I'd contribute $10 to a "Get GrizzNKev an Xbox One" fund.

Add me! GT = kittens dx.

lol

Oh fuck. I don't often get that "whoa that makes me feel old" feeling, but right now I am.

Don't worry. When I can afford an Xbox One, I will have an Xbox One. Maybe next summer, maybe later.

TheOddOne

How the fuck did Halsey know what that Elite was saying?
IIRC at a certain point they expected the viewer to believe that Halsey, because of her intelligence and knowledge of the Covenant, learned the language fast. This was not explicitly said, but I think they did it to not bog down the pace of the story.

I could be wrong, it has been a while since I’ve seen it.

Whoa, I've never watched that. I gave up on Spops after season 2 was better but still not all that great. I love the cinematics, though.

The cinematics are worth watching. I did not even finish season 1 but I did watch all the episodes or whatever.

Still waiting on the postmortem to explain how so many missions on so few maps seemed like a good idea.

m23

The cinematics are worth watching. I did not even finish season 1 but I did watch all the episodes or whatever.

Still waiting on the postmortem to explain how so many missions on so few maps seemed like a good idea.

Bungie seems to think it was for some reason. Hopefully they can help 343 on that postmortem.

ElRenoRaven

so finally got around to reading Escalation 10. Gotta say interesting where they're taking this. Good issue without a doubt though. Dunno how I feel about the story being told in comics and not in game though.

Woorloog

Banned
IIRC at a certain point they expected the viewer to believe that Halsey, because of her intelligence and knowledge of the Covenant, learned the language fast. This was not explicitly said, but I think they did it to not bog down the pace of the story.

I'd imagine Halsey has learned everything about the Covies, languages included, ever since the war begun. She seems to be the multidisciplinary scientist, and the sort who tries to do everything by herself.
And i reckon the Covenant language (presumably they have one lingua franca, most likely the one Elites speak*) may be tied to the Forerunner's language, so i would be logical for Halsey to learn it.

*I think the Prophets have kept their language as their own. Privilege of rank, for power, for mystery, for whatever. This is assuming each Covie race has an unique language.

i think there was something about her knowing Sangheli in the journal.

TheOddOne

I'd imagine Halsey has learned everything about the Covies, languages included, ever since the war begun. She seems to be the multidisciplinary scientist, and the sort who tries to do everything by herself.
And i reckon the Covenant language (presumably they have one lingua franca, most likely the one Elites speak*) may be tied to the Forerunner's language, so i would be logical for Halsey to learn it.

*I think the Prophets have kept their language as their own. Privilege of rank, for power, for mystery, for whatever. This is assuming each Covie race has an unique language.

i think there was something about her knowing Sangheli in the journal.
Yeah, all of this also helped so they skipped explicitly showing how fast she grasped the language. It helps that they explain her role in the Spartan program at the start of the series.

wwm0nkey

Seriously unless there is since weird contact with this artist, drop him/her! Get them back when they can anatomy and do better line work.

Top Bottom