• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
ShadowRun was/is an amazing FPS. I want a new one :(

So many people undervalued Shadowrun. While it was lacking a single player campaign, stat tracking, persistence, rankings, etc., the gameplay was unrivaled with any FPS, even Halo CE.

It was essentially a console original version of Counter-strike, still to this day it's freaking amazing.

EDIT: We will probably never get a new one, at least not a Shadowrun-brand type. I could see Halo or some other shooter adopting the same principles of gameplay, which are four or five different races/classes of characters, then within those classes, you create your own build of player round after round depending on the money you gain from how well you perform within the game.

Gosh, just talking about it makes me want to fire it up.

Elf, teleport, smoke, gust, tree, SMG/Rifle, just loved that build. The Troll, minigun, tree, gust, and reflexes was amazing too.

Tawpgun

Shadowrun 2 next gen pls.

Will pre order legendary edition and donate to company, charity of my choice, and homeless people on the street if I can just have Shadowrun 2

Omni

H2A campaign got gorgeous in latest build. Was always scheduled like this but my face was like daaaaaaamn
Are these Elites final? They look kinda odd due to how flat they are.

VZVcyRV.jpg

I like shiny things :(

And we aren't obligated to believe them when they claim the user was "lying" and "trolling".

Bungie has shown time and time again that they're incomptent developers and aren't above lying to their player base. I totally believe the AMA 100%.

I honestly believe them making Halo was a fluke.
Ah, I remember how angry the early stages of puberty made me as well. Good times...

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Shadowrun 2 next gen pls.

Will pre order legendary edition and donate to company, charity of my choice, and homeless people on the street if I can just have Shadowrun 2

If Halo 5 had classic mode, which was basically the core Halo game we have always loved, and then another mode that was actual class-based like Shadowrun with a buy system, round-based, etc...but then that's like two games in one right? You almost could see a Halo spinoff separate from Halo 5 that could easily be Shadowrun-style.

I'm really surprised no one has developed something as good or better than Shadowrun.

Are these Elites final? They look kinda odd due to how flat they are.

I like shiny things :(

That is one thing I noticed about H2A.. everything looks kinda dull, washed out. Some bits look nice, but it isn't quite where I would want it to be.

Not a huge fan of MC's armor colors/texture either.

Game doesn't look bad though.

HTupolev

H2A campaign got gorgeous in latest build. Was always scheduled like this but my face was like daaaaaaamn
Motion-tracking system architecture falls into place, temporal reprojection activated? Instagram filter applied? "Weather system" implemented to put magic sparkles in the air? CURLBACK GRUNTS?

Oh, I finally read Halo Evolutions Part One, by the way. It was a great little collection of short stories, but it felt Metal Slug-ish with regards to pacing - Nylund's anthology (The Impossible Life and Impossible Death of Preston J. Cole) is like half the length of the entire book.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
LEGIT SHOOK!!!

After good user and player feedback from various events and reveals, CA drastically reduced the amount of screen shake from grenades in H2A MP mode.

That is one thing I noticed about H2A.. everything looks kinda dull, washed out. Some bits look nice, but it isn't quite where I would want it to be.

Not a huge fan of MC's armor colors/texture either.

Game doesn't look bad though.

Actually, one thing I was excited by in the latest build, was how vibrant everything looked. The lighting and overall image quality (including frame rate, anti-aliasing) were just significantly, gorgeously improved.

Trying not to use hyperbolic terminology that will come back to haunt me, but there was something about how crisp and clean the IQ in last night's build were, that really got me excited. So that's my personal feels, not a PR statement, but I ended up getting really sucked in last night, playing because I was having a blast and because it looked amazingly PRETTY.

belushy

Banned
LEGIT SHOOK!!!

After good user and player feedback from various events and reveals, CA drastically reduced the amount of screen shake from grenades in H2A MP mode.

Good to hear. Just wondering if you guys are for sure keeping grenade hitmarkers in, too?

Akai__

LEGIT SHOOK!!!

Actually, one thing I was excited by in the latest build, was how vibrant everything looked. The lighting and overall image quality (including frame rate, anti-aliasing) were just significantly, gorgeously improved.

Trying not to use hyperbolic terminology that will come back to haunt me, but there was something about how crisp and clean the IQ in last night's build were, that really got me excited. So that's my personal feels, not a PR statement, but I ended up getting really sucked in last night, playing because I was having a blast and because it looked amazingly PRETTY.

Don't know if you can answer this, but in Halo Wars you could re-watch the cutscenese outside of the campaign. Are you thinking of adding this in the MCC as well? At least for H2A maybe? Or is there just no space left for that? I think it's a pretty neat feature.

Edit: Would be also cool for the Halo 2 Anniversray terminal videos.

Omni

Don't know if you can answer this, but in Halo Wars you could re-watch the cutscenese outside of the campaign. Are you thinking of adding this in the MCC as well? At least for H2A maybe? Or is there just no space left for that? I think it's a pretty neat feature.

Didn't they say that was in a while back? I can remember asking about it

Akai__

Didn't they say that was in a while back? I can remember asking about it

I have lost track of things that are in the MCC since the Master Thread was closed.

If that's the case, I'll be happy (and several other probably, too). I loved going back to Halo Wars to watch the cutscenes.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

All the Campaign Cutscenes are unlocked from the getgo So you can either watch them by selecting the level (or Rally Point) or there's a VIDEOS menu in the extras menu that lets you select Terminals and other vids.

IHaveIce

Banned
LEGIT SHOOK!!!

Praise da gods! Though I didn't notice it while playing myself, though watching the ESL tourneys made it obvious it was too much

Yeah, within reason. If we ACTUALLY made games that way we'd end up with this:

SYZcAvH.jpg

NICE, exactly what I want, where do I send my check to?

Omni

All the Campaign Cutscenes are unlocked from the getgo So you can either watch them by selecting the level (or Rally Point) or there's a VIDEOS menu in the extras menu that lets you select Terminals and other vids.
"Other" vids? So not so much every cutscene in a single menu but random extras?

Moa

Spartan Ops episodes there as well?

Will you need Gold for Spartan Ops this time round?

Omni

Halo 2 LE bonus disc videos updated with better lighting and Staten talking about crazy sausage doberman gator babies in 60FPS.

Another Day At The Beach Anniversary would be nuts though.

I still have my LE floating around here actually. Kind of a shame that the MCC isn't in a case that resembles it. Would have been a cool little throwback

dwells

LEGIT SHOOK!!!Trying not to use hyperbolic terminology that will come back to haunt me, but there was something about how crisp and clean the IQ in last night's build were, that really got me excited. So that's my personal feels, not a PR statement, but I ended up getting really sucked in last night, playing because I was having a blast and because it looked amazingly PRETTY.

1. Press screenshot button many times.
  2. Upload pictures.
  3. Share pictures with us under pseudonym (I suggest "not_frankie" to eliminate yourself from suspicion).
  4. ???
  5. PROFIT

GrizzNKev

Banned
Damn you Frankles, shoulda put that free Xbone under my chair at PAX. How am I gonna slrp your hype but not play all of my favorite games upgraded in one collection?

Account Balance: $385.10

donald26wmv.gif

belushy

Banned
So if Halo CE is based on the PC version, would it be easy to bring custom Halo CE maps over? I don't mean every user can do it, but 343 adding maps down the road. Not that I want them to, or that CE needs it, just wondering if it is possible.

So if Halo CE is based on the PC version, would it be easy to bring custom Halo CE maps over? I don't mean every user can do it, but 343 adding maps down the road. Not that I want them to, or that CE needs it, just wondering if it is possible.

"Hugeass Anniversary"

Top Bottom