• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

-Ryn

Banned
And we aren't obligated to believe them when they claim the user was "lying" and "trolling".

Bungie has shown time and time again that they're incomptent developers and aren't above lying to their player base. I totally believe the AMA 100%.

I honestly believe them making Halo was a fluke.
I wouldn't go that far...

They have made mistakes with the Halo games yes but Destiny is on an entirely different level. This isn't Bungie. Bungie made Marathon, Oni, and Halo. Destiny is a tragic imitation of a great idea.

I still think that Bungie is a great bunch of people with a passion and drive to do cool stuff. The art, music and core gameplay of Destiny are testament to that. Which is why I want to know what happened so badly.

Driveby troll posts crap in his free time. They're supposed to spend a bunch of time on an internet stranger just to make some people feel better?

There's no point in explaining anything when the response is just going to be "coverup!!11"
Please point me in the direction of this genuine attempt to explain things.

Did Bungie really hype it?

I take you to ODST.
"See ya starside"

I never even knew about the easter egg in ODST until a month ago

do the people who believe that guy's ama also believe the halo 5 pastebin rumors
fry+tinfoil+hat.png

I remember getting banned from the b.net forums for calling bungie a bunch of liars way back in the day - ban was courtesy of Lukems lol. I deserved it. It's so easy to get all riled up and feel the need to call people out or to make crazy accusations against people. Gosh I was such an idiot then and only slightly better now
maybe...
I've pissed off so many people - too many to count - and I still get in trouble to this day. It really does take a concerted effort on forums to not be a douche. Practice practice practice! I hope I am better at showing restraint and being more constructive with criticism rather than hateful, but even recently ive been getting all fired up with the constant xbox/microsoft hate and criticism. help me gaf - I'm trying!

I remember getting banned from the b.net forums for calling bungie a bunch of liars way back in the day - ban was courtesy of Lukems lol. I deserved it. It's so easy to get all riled up and feel the need to call people out or to make crazy accusations against people. Gosh I was such an idiot then and only slightly better now
maybe...
I've pissed off so many people - too many to count - and I still get in trouble to this day. It really does take a concerted effort on forums to not be a douche. Practice practice practice! I hope I am better at showing restraint and being more constructive with criticism rather than hateful, but even recently ive been getting all fired up with the constant xbox/microsoft hate and criticism. help me gaf - I'm trying!

I too was an asshat at times over at B.net and got deservedly banned for it. I just can't post over there any more, it's a trolls/alts delight nowadays. HaloGAF gave me a thicker forum skin too I suppose. B.net is a great site for the game character related stuff though and the mobile companion app is also sweet on integration.

stay-classy.png

maybe...
Xbox Forums
rOHcZrn.jpg

Fuck the police.

Tawpgun

And we aren't obligated to believe them when they claim the user was "lying" and "trolling".

Bungie has shown time and time again that they're incomptent developers and aren't above lying to their player base. I totally believe the AMA 100%.

This kinda opinions makes sense from someone whose first halo game was halo 4

darthbob

maybe...

Part of it is growing up and maturing. Some people are able to do it, and others... not so much.

I have a ways to go, and I'm 24. :/

IHaveIce

Banned
If ut was a lie than it was a lie, though even Bungie has to admit there were some drastic changes and weird stuff happening at development.

Abd I wouldn't go as far as saying Bungie is known for lieing, but more for overhyping and promising more than the final game will be.

Trailers showed story stuff that isn't in the game, they hinted at trading by talking about armors, the ship bringing players in isn't there, you can in fact NOT travel all the way to the mountain, same for the city under the traveller.

Welfare

If an official Halo bundle is announced, it probably be won't be until late October. Don't think MS want to jeopardize any sales for the Xbox One in October.

I too was an asshat at times over at B.net and got deservedly banned for it. I just can't post over there any more, it's a trolls/alts delight nowadays. HaloGAF gave me a thicker forum skin too I suppose. B.net is a great site for the game character related stuff though and the mobile companion app is also sweet on integration.

https://nopurplewalls.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/stay-classy.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="FUNKNOWN iXi, post: 132391769"][B]Xbox Forums[/B]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rOHcZrn.jpg[IMG]

[I]Fuck the police.[/I][/QUOTE]

[quote="darthbob, post: 132399065"]Part of it is growing up and maturing. Some people are able to do it, and others... not so much.

I have a ways to go, and I'm 24. :/[/QUOTE]
Yes! It's a learning process for sure. =)

Mix

Not gonna lie, Destiny's PvP is a lot of fun. Seriously, Zoojoo, my little brother and me all played skirmish earlier and it was some of the most fun I've had in multiplayer since Halo 3. I'd love to see it dumbed down a bit in the way of removing specials and evening the field on weapon balance and being introduced into eSports.

Mix

Dude, you cannot be serious. Go play Marathon (all three of them), go play Myth, go play Pathways, go play anything Bungie put out and tell me that Bungie has "shown time and time again that they're incompetent developers."

You need to open your freakin' eyes man.

EDIT: Oops, I didn't mean to double post, I'm gonna go to bed.

Madness

If an official Halo bundle is announced, it probably be won't be until late October. Don't think MS want to jeopardize any sales for the Xbox One in October.

Pretty obvious at this point there is no Halo bundle. They already revealed the special bundles earlier. The Madden SKU, Sunset Bundle, Advanced Warfare bundle etc. Less than a month and a half from launch, doubt they'd announce it without anyone getting word of it for so long.

They're probably going to make the Halo 5 bundle special to make up for it most likely.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Not gonna lie, Destiny's PvP is a lot of fun. Seriously, Zoojoo, my little brother and me all played skirmish earlier and it was some of the most fun I've had in multiplayer since Halo 3. I'd love to see it dumbed down a bit in the way of removing specials and evening the field on weapon balance and being introduced into eSports.
I looooove Skirmish. It's unbalanced as shit, but that's Destiny for ya. It's so fun to roll with a full team, coordinating positioning, taking turns using supers / creating orbs of light, fighting over heavy ammo, etc. It's not as good as Halo, but I still love it.

-Ryn

Banned
The multiplayer really is a blast. It's one of things that I found surprisingly fun.
I'm pretty sure they already balance all the weapons though. Or do you mean also removing the ability trees?

I looooove Skirmish. It's unbalanced as shit, but that's Destiny for ya. It's so fun to roll with a full team, coordinating positioning, taking turns using supers / creating orbs of light, fighting over heavy ammo, etc. It's not as good as Halo, but I still love it.
It's especially fun when the other team is also well coordinated. So many close matches that felt like amazing victories.

--

I doubt we will be seeing an MCC bundle. Halo 5 for sure but with the MCC there are already 2 or 3 other special Ones coming out. Though I don't see why they wouldn't want to cash in on this.

*shrugs*

Regardless MCC is gonna be the bees knees.

Madness

I honestly wonder at times, if Halo 4 was called some other name, what people would think of the multiplayer. I didn't like Reach or Halo 4 multiplayer because it went against a lot of core gameplay for Halo, and genuinely, I don't really find unbalanced/unranked shooters much fun in the long run. It's why I don't necessarily enjoy any other games.

But how people can hate Reach, hate Halo 4/infinity slayer, and yet have fun with Destiny, TitanFall, Battlefield or CoD I don't know. I mean sure you're comparing it to the preceding games, but can you blame the devs then if you enjoy unbalanced special abilities, sprint, ADS, insta-kill melee in other games?

-Ryn

Banned
I honestly wonder at times, if Halo 4 was called some other name, what people would think of the multiplayer. I didn't like Reach or Halo 4 multiplayer because it went against a lot of core gameplay for Halo, and genuinely, I don't really find unbalanced/unranked shooters much fun in the long run. It's why I don't necessarily enjoy any other games.

But how people can hate Reach, hate Halo 4/infinity slayer, and yet have fun with Destiny, TitanFall, Battlefield or CoD I don't know. I mean sure you're comparing it to the preceding games, but can you blame the devs then if you enjoy unbalanced special abilities, sprint, ADS, insta-kill melee in other games?
If Halo 4 and Reach weren't Halo games I have no doubt they would have done better.
When people have expectations they are easier to let down. If they go in without anything to compare the game to the game will be judged by its own merits. Naturally there will always be game comparisons (Halo vs CoD still baffles me) but that's just how people are. Though that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I wonder if the robot overlords will even allow us to play games in that age.
That's a dumb question.

Everyone knows we will be their games

Gui_PT

Oh man I'm going to tattoo this post on my back.

Font - Comic Sans, font size - 18

-Ryn

Banned
Yo, why isn't Speedy banned permanently?
Something something national treasure something something Microsoft

Female Spartans in Halo 5?

Halo.jpg

It seems they have foregone crotch protection for a space belt.
The new under suit is probably a lightweight variant for maximum mobility.
There is certainly a lack of visible armor though. Enhanced energy shielding maybe?

Also Cortana got a new do

m23

Off topic but anyone else here pick up Forza Horizon2? Shaping up to be my goty so far, so damn good.

On topic, I'm surprised we still haven't seen anything from Halo 5 beta yet. I was pretty sure they'd be using it as a marketing tool for MCC. I guess marketing really hasn't begun for MCC so there may still be hope. Or maybe stuff just isn't ready.

willow ve

So I've been randomly tracking the price of a used copy of Destiny (as I can't find a way to see the number of players still using the game).

We have a new low (through Glyde) of $38.36, shipped, for the X1 version.

Kind of makes me not regret choosing to skip the Destiny launch deals. Still hoping to have an X1 in time for MCC (or at least in time for Halo 5 beta).

Booties

Banned
So I've been randomly tracking the price of a used copy of Destiny (as I can't find a way to see the number of players still using the game).

We have a new low (through Glyde) of $38.36, shipped, for the X1 version.

Kind of makes me not regret choosing to skip the Destiny launch deals. Still hoping to have an X1 in time for MCC (or at least in time for Halo 5 beta).

I got Destiny for free and they gave me $50, so the game actually has a negative value in my mind.

Mix

The multiplayer really is a blast. It's one of things that I found surprisingly fun.
I'm pretty sure they already balance all the weapons though. Or do you mean also removing the ability trees?

It's especially fun when the other team is also well coordinated. So many close matches that felt like amazing victories.

--

I think what I mean is like, take away the option to use the special primary weapons, the fusion rifles and shotguns you can put in those slots and yeah, maybe take the weapon trees out or turn them off for those weapons.

-Ryn

Banned
I think what I mean is like, take away the option to use the special primary weapons, the fusion rifles and shotguns you can put in those slots and yeah, maybe take the weapon trees out or turn them off for those weapons.
Yeah I can see what you mean. There is an exotic primary that fires with the range of a scout rifle and the punch of a shotgun. Not sure how they plan on balancing that little number.

-Ryn

Banned
These are valid points, seeing as I was complaining about this same thing a few pages back. :)

Just thought it was funny how the thread is more about Destiny lately than Halo. I needs mah news.
lol That's just kind of how it goes during these info dry spells. Anything to help pass the time.

Omni

Wait the MCC comes out in like 5 weeks, doesn't it? Crazy.

I got my university exam timetable the other day and have discovered that all my exams will be over a few days before it's released. Meaning I can just marathon through the collection at will :eek:

Mix

Wait the MCC comes out in like 5 weeks, doesn't it? Crazy.

I got my university exam timetable the other day and have discovered that all my exams will be over a few days before it's released. Meaning I can just marathon through the collection at will :eek:

it's 5 weeks and 6 days

Still curious as to what Microsoft are showing/doing Halo related on October 13th in the UK.

I've been looking everywhere on the internet for some sort of clue, but have found nothing of consequence.

Infuriating!

Also wonder when we're going to see the #Halonation footage from EGX too.

Havoc2049

Dang Playstation and Killzone (da Halo killer!) fanboys....

;-p

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Aw damn, I wish I had a 360 still. I've always wanted to try Shadowrun.

Top Bottom