• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

I'm good with it only if we get a Platinum Games developed spinoff where RaidenLocke throws a Scarab halfway across a city and slices it in half.

Fuck that, I've been wanting Platinum to make a Halo game where you play as an Arbiter that dual wields swords and you could even fight giant Hunters like in The Duel.

Quick question Frank: Are grenade indicators and hitmarkers an experiment or are they a confident addition to the sandbox?

I ask because a lot of viewers and pros alike say that it diminishes the competitive gameplay (sure you have heard of the arguments).

What are your thoughts on it Stinkles?

I tried to play mine a month ago. Doesn't work anymore because of a tinyass scratch.
It really is a great game though. Sucks that the stealth was dropped from the original concept.
Fuck stealth, I'm a ninja cyborg. Fucking WALL RUNNING was scrapped before release :(

The soundtrack alone made it GOTY for me.

-Ryn

Banned
Fuck stealth, I'm a ninja cyborg. Fucking WALL RUNNING was scrapped before release :(

The soundtrack alone made it GOTY for me.
I find appeal in being able to get past everyone and everything with style and them never even knowing I was there aside from there being a lot less of something
possibly life if I'm so inclined
which I probably will be if I have a SWORD

THERE WAS GOING TO BE WALL RUNNING?

Yeah on this site called NeoGAF by a user called Stinkles.

No idea where it was announced.
The name was on the screen of a tv in the background during a video. Not sure if it was an interview or a ViDoc or what. I know I saw a screen of it the other day though.

*edit*
Bam!d

-Ryn

Banned
It's in the initial Platinum Revengeance announcement trailer. If I had to guess it was probably scrapped because it would have had no practical use in the game.
Yeah the environment design wasn't exactly the games strong suit... or the story... or even the graphical power. The encounters were INCREDIBLE though. That first boss fight and the one against
Sam
were my favorites. Such music. Much ninja/samurai. Actually decent implementation of QTE's.

Mix

I love the aesthetic of the map. It's totally Halo 2 but in HD. I'm in love and I hope that Bloodline (coag) is in the same vein as frankie mentioned...
no pun intended.

Mix

It looks like the redundant medals (standard kill, grenade kill, etc.) have been removed but I could be wrong still watching.

The invisibility in the center of the map looks like the OG Halo 2 model now and it's gorgeous.

IHaveIce

Banned
Damn Warlock really looks like Halo 2 with modern graphics, I mean Lockout you could really see how they changed stuff dramatically, but this right here looks amazing

Sephzilla

Im still 100% okay with Wizard being the 6th H2A map. That map was an MVP of my old LAN parties.

Frankie, you really should remake the rest of the maps

singhr1

Any way these videos find their way to youtube? IGN doesn't play on my work network.

Try to use the IGN player because it can play videos at 60 FPS as compared to youtube's 30 FPS cap. I'm sure they'll upload to their youtube channel soon if you are unable.

Would've preferred another BTB map, but Warlock looks great regardless (gameplay and aesthetics).

One thing, though: I wish they would remove the echo from Steitzer's voice.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Also, here are the final map remakes and their names:
Warlock is now Warlord
Ascension is now Zenith
Coagulation is now Bloodline
Sanctuary is now Shrine
Zanzibar is now Stonetown

It's like they asked a 12 year old to make up the most edgy names he could think of.

Mix

Yeah, the standard kill medals are gone but it looks like the headshot medal is bugged in this build, it pops up twice and in two different spots and sizes lol that's a funny bug.

CyReN

So good.

YHZcgV6.jpg

matthieuC

Wow that shotty had 24 slugs! I hope they tune it down for the final release, but I know Certain Affinity really likes high ammo counts for power weapons.

Gorgeous map though. My favorite aesthetic out of all the maps so far.

Top Bottom