• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Deception

Really? Coagulation is a terrible name. Bloodline makes more sense (evolution of Blood Gulch)
I mean coagulation was cool because of the blood reference so I would have preferred something more along the lines of that but Blood Line makes sense since it's a remake of a map with a long history.

-Ryn

Banned
Way to jump right in IGN/343.

I wonder what the interactive element will be though. Camo pickup is purrty. Loved the Sentinel Beam. Map looked nice.

Now we wait for the reveal that actually matters.
Jk
Seriously though I want to see Coag

Mix

It's like they asked a 12 year old to make up the most edgy names he could think of.

lol they could be a lot worse.

Also, and I hope Dax sees this, but that dude in the Thread I posted thinking that Warlock wasn't a Halo 2 map has me dying

Mix

I can't believe this map has gone from this:
Wizard.png
to this:
and now this

RowdyReverb

IGN video said we can look forward to seeing walkthroughs of all 6 maps this month. I can't wait to finally see Bloodline (Coag)! Also, the 1080p60 video player works really well. Kudos to them for that.

Edit: hot damn at post below!

Sephzilla

343, I request you make this a playlist for H2A

-Warlord only
-Shotguns only
-No grenades
-No shields
-No radar
-50% health

This is how Wizard is meant to be played.

RowdyReverb

Really glad about the improved midfield cover in Bloodline. Is that a bunker between red and blue? Also, it looks gorgeous. Dat skybox

Mix

"In Bloodline, you go into the open doors in the center of the map and take a short drop into the other Classic Halo 2 map, Waterworks"
Please make it happen

Omni

You're thinking of Valhalla.

No. Even the concept art had more than a muddy texture (obviously not a texture, but you know what I mean)

And let's look at the original
Which looks so much better because the artists knew that there were more colours that aren't brown.

I'm very disappointed with these maps. Thank god the original multiplayers are in because I don't see myself playing any of Anniversary now.

Mix

I mean on the 2nd story there looks to be an extra exit. I remember there only being a drop down hole and the two main ramps entrances/exits in Halo 2?

I see what you mean, but I think it always had the back door on the second floor.

EDIT: yup
Halo-2-coagulation.jpg

That skybox is amazing but no interactive element?

As far as adding things goes, I think they did the right thing with this map. They added the new jump ups from the back and front of each bases platforms. With such a small map I would assume an interactive element would screw with the map balance too much.

Deception

I see what you mean, but I think it always had the back door on the second floor.

EDIT: yup
Halo-2-coagulation.jpg

Your right lol been too long

I think you're misremembering.

Hey its been a long time and my mind ain't what it used to be lol

As far as adding things goes, I think they did the right thing with this map. They added the new jump ups from the back and front of each bases platforms. With such a small map I would assume an interactive element would screw with the map balance too much.

You're right I just thought they were adding an interactive element to every map for H2A. Could have been cool to have a button that turns off the teleporters for 15 secs or something but that would have hurt map movement.

Top Bottom