• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Mix

Bloodline looks amazing in this video. It has grass and rock and it just looked great. Much better than that image from yesterday.

-Ryn

Banned
Fucking casuals, I've played enough Invasion: Spire to know what I'm talking about.
My man!

How happy would you be to see invasion in the Collection?

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| If you don't like it, turn it off
Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| If you can't find a single thing to like about the game you're just being difficult at this point, you piece of shit
Perfection

Hornet is back? Pretty insane.

I don't mind the resolution inconsistency; it's just one part of the entire collection that doesn't quite hit the mark. This is likely a silly question (mind you I know nothing about graphical tech), but is Halo 2's campaign in 1080p when the original graphics are on, or is the whole thing rendered in the strange resolution? I'd imagine the latter.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
HOLY FUCK EVERYTHING LOOKED GREAT

except bloodline
Yeah, I'm still not a fan of Bloodeline's color scheme. But oh well, I'll get used to it. Most other maps look fantastic.

Are you & Kittens still setting up a tournament?
Yeah, I'm still planning on it. It's going pretty well. I've been quiet about it while I sort out details, but I'll start talking about it closer to the MCC release.

One thing that I could use some feedback on, though, is which games to include in the tournament. I want to go with a best of five format, but I'm not sure which games to include and in what order. Should it be CE, 2, 3, 4, H2A? I think H2A looks really great and I want to focus on it more, but then what order should the other games go in? Maybe I shouldn't worry about going in a particular order, and just do what sounds fun.
Halo 4 can be exclusive to the losers bracket.
Anyways, feedback is welcome!

If anyone wants to make some pretty banners / graphics for the tournament, that'd be appreciated. And this might be asking too much, but if anyone wants to make a mini montage / highlight reel after the tournament is finished, that'd be amazing.

Lol. Speedy Blue Dude is pretending this resolution is a big surprise in the gaming side thread. Despite the fact that he was perfectly well aware of my continued hints and comments on this subject.

CONCERN
haha I'm sorry Frankie.

Was totally trying to beat the actual Resolution Purist to the punch, and knowing most of those Purist are PS4 owners trying to downplay your teams hard work and pretending they're Concerned, I wanted to do so while bringing up the fact that The Order and Killzone are also sub 1080p, both technically lower than Halo 2 Anniversary.

Just playing with them. Hope I didn't offend you! :) Halo 2 Anniversary looks great as is, and it'll only get better as you guys finish the final touches.

Same, for some reason I felt much more impressed than previous showings. The back and forth switching improvements were pretty damn good.

Halo 4 looked pretty hot running in 60fps.

The lighting seems to make everything look a lot better and Chief's armor doesn't look as flat anymore. I guess Frankie was being super cereal about the newest build making it all look better.
Also I got hyped at the small clip of Old Mombasa, so glad they didn't mess up the old look of it. I'm super excited to see how New Mombasa has been revamped.
Halo 5 will probably have the Brute Chopper again. #BELIEVE

The return of Brutes along with their sandbox and maybe some new weapons and or vehicles? Yes please.

haha I'm sorry Frankie.

Was totally trying to beat the actual Resolution Purist to the punch, and knowing most of those Purist are PS4 owners trying to downplay your teams hard work and pretending they're Concerned, I wanted to do so while bringing up the fact that The Order and Killzone are also sub 1080p, both technically lower than Halo 2 Anniversary.

Just playing with them. Hope I didn't offend you! :) Halo 2 Anniversary looks great as is, and it'll only get better as you guys finish the final touches.
Take off the tinfoil hat.

haha I'm sorry Frankie.

HumorousDeception.jpg

Hornet is back? Pretty insane.

I don't mind the resolution inconsistency; it's just one part of the entire collection that doesn't quite hit the mark. This is likely a silly question (mind you I know nothing about graphical tech), but is Halo 2's campaign in 1080p when the original graphics are on, or is the whole thing rendered in the strange resolution? I'd imagine the latter.

Campaign will be the lesser almost 900p version in classic or anniversary. Frank did confirm that the classic multiplayer for Halo 2 is still 1080p. No worries there.

wwm0nkey

The vehicle health is still fucked in H2A it seems, it can't be a hard fix at all but please 343 at least give us the option to have non shitty vehicle health options back.

Ramirez

Yeah, I'm still planning on it. It's going pretty well. I've been quiet about it while I sort out details, but I'll start talking about it closer to the MCC release.

One thing that I could use some feedback on, though, is which games to include in the tournament. I want to go with a best of five format, but I'm not sure which games to include and in what order. Should it be CE, 2, 3, 4, H2A? I think H2A looks really great and I want to focus on it more, but then what order should the other games go in? Maybe I shouldn't worry about going in a particular order, and just do what sounds fun.
Halo 4 can be exclusive to the losers bracket.
Anyways, feedback is welcome!

If anyone wants to make some pretty banners / graphics for the tournament, that'd be appreciated. And this might be asking too much, but if anyone wants to make a mini montage / highlight reel after the tournament is finished, that'd be amazing.

I would personally leave Halo 4 out completely, and only use classic variants of H2A, but that's just me.

Perhaps you should start with just one game, and if it's successful, do the others afterwards. I think switching between the games is going to be pretty jarring, especially in a competitive tournament.

"PS4 purists", lol. Grow up, bud.

Ramirez

I'll tell ya another thing Kittens, based off the 2 I tried to run, and ultimately failed at. Let people pick their team. You'll end up with a few stacked teams, but trying to "place" people in tiers, and then having 4 people who never play together, becomes a miserable task of trying to get 8 people on at the same time.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
But I own a PS4. What does that make me. D:
"Some of my best friends are PS4s!"

I would personally leave Halo 4 out completely, and only use classic variants of H2A, but that's just me.

Perhaps you should start with just one game, and if it's successful, do the others afterwards. I think switching between the games is going to be pretty jarring, especially in a competitive tournament.
Yeah, I'm worried about it being jarring, too. I was thinking about doing a separate 2v2 tournament for CE and maybe a BTB tournament for Halo 3, but that sounds like a lot of work. If we do one every quarter, though, it wouldn't be so bad. My only worry then would be dwindling interest.

HTupolev

I wanted to do so while bringing up the fact that The Order and Killzone are also sub 1080p, both technically lower than Halo 2 Anniversary.
Umm.

The Order 1886 actually has more pixels per frame than H2A (by ~7%), not to mention that each of those pixels is using four geometry samples.

KZSF SP is spatially 1920x1080.
KZSF MP is the only thing there that's spatially lower-res than H2A.

Sephzilla

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| The best Bungie game this year

1049.gif

Stinkles, I'm dissapoint. Why you have no glove detailz? And what about those flat yellow tree textures near the skyline in the distance?

Hideous, absolutely hideous.

hpvkXn4.gif

Seriously, though...it looks awesome.

Glove detailz though man, glove detailz.

EDIT: Holy crap you put the shield bar back on top of the radar. I LOVE YOU.

Tawpgun

Get hitmonchan and Duncan to do a community tournament again. That thing was sweet. Just needed better rules. Gatdamn BTB kids making us play terrible things lol

"PS4 purists", lol. Grow up, bud.
Please show me where I have ever in my life typed "PS4 Purist". Please do.

I said Resolution Purist. Most of which tend to be PS4 owners or PC owners.

Now before you misinterpret what I'm saying again, most RESOLUTION PURIST are PC/PS4 Owners, not Most PS4/PC Owners are RESOLUTION PURIST.

This is the same crowd that has been getting their poor little consumer feelings hurt because some developers decide that a certain resolution lower than 1080p is better suited for their games. The same crowd that is "offended" and "disgusted" and wants to "boycott" companies because their being "anti-consumer" by offering their product at the quality they want. A product you're free to buy or ignore, but regardless doesn't justify you to go around and try and tarnish the reputation of and insult the hardworking developers who worked hard on their game.

It's pretty asinine behavior that I personally partake in as well occasionally in a satirical way, so I mock it sometimes.

The MCC thread is even having a few snarky "lol parity with the OG Xbox and Xbox One" or "Parity lol" posted, so obviously I'm not wrong in this.

I don't have a problem with the PS4, Hell I'm sure the Xbox One has a few Resolution Purist as well... I'm not sure why, considering we usually get the inferior versions of games, but I'm sure there are Resolution Purist Xbox One owners. Who literally have their "enjoyment" of a game ruined because it offends their precious little eyes to see a game at 720p. :(

I find these people ridiculous, especially over a hobby like Gaming, and I occasionally mock them. I don't see a problem.

Umm.

The Order 1886 actually has more pixels per frame than H2A (by ~7%), not to mention that each of those pixels is using four geometry samples.

KZSF SP is spatially 1920x1080.
KZSF MP is the only thing there that's spatially lower-res than H2A.
I was obviously referring to Killzone's multiplayer. Which, just like Halo 2 Anniversary, only part of the game is not "real 1080p". :eek:

And yes, The Order had 7% more pixels, but it also runs at half the frame rate, so I'm willing to go all in and call it.

wwm0nkey

There is a IQ benefit to higher resolution, there is no way around that and it's understandable why people want higher resolutions.

Now in this case it's 100% understandable as to why H2A isn't 1080p but there is a lack of understanding from some people as to how H2A is running.

RowdyReverb

Do you think Halo 4 in the Team Slayer or Team Objective general playlists will use the original game types (killstreaks, load outs, etc.) or the later, more traditional game types when it comes up in the hopper? I would imagine that in the Halo 4 playlist, it would have both rule sets, but when you're switching between games it might be more consistent if Halo 4 used similar rules to the other titles, especially since I won't be spending as much time grinding and tweaking my load outs as I did when Halo 4 first came out.

Go outside, bruh.
Meh. I See no reason to. I find this a little fun. I'm not upset or worked up right now, just casually posting my thoughts. Do you see something you disagree with?

Originally said by SBD,

Resolution Purist to the punch, and knowing most of those Purist are PS4 owners
Still not seeing where I said "PS4 Purist " like you claim. :)

Want me to repeat myself?

Me said:
I said Resolution Purist. Most of which tend to be PS4 owners or PC owners.

Now before you misinterpret what I'm saying again, most RESOLUTION PURIST are PC/PS4 Owners, not Most PS4/PC Owners are RESOLUTION PURIST.

Again, never calling out Playstation 4 owners purist or anything of the sort.

And clearly you don't seem to actually be interested in discussing anything with me. So... We're done here I guess. :p

RoKKeR

That's good.

"Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| The best Bungie game this year" still gets my vote, though.

Holy shit, this please.

Anyways, all of the new coverage is awesome. Can't wait to hear about the hoppers/playlists.

TheOddOne

Meh. I See no reason to. I find this a little fun. I'm not upset or worked up right now, just casually posting my thoughts. Do you see something you disagree with?
First off, I have a problem with a lot of how you handle, basically, most situations. You want to prevent users from trolling the game by doing their job for them? Newsflash! You’re encouraging them by calling them out. And you know what happens? Exactly what you didn’t want, more dumbass trolling. Seriously, go outside, breath in some fresh air, and meditate on why the fuck you were trying to police dumb kids on the internet.

First off, I have a problem with a lot of how you handle, basically, most situations. You want to prevent users from trolling the game by doing their job for them? Newsflash! You’re encouraging them by calling them out. And you know what happens? Exactly what you didn’t want, more dumbass trolling. Seriously, go outside, breath in some fresh air, and meditate on why the fuck you were trying to police dumb kids on the internet.
I wasn't trying to police or prevent anything, just being satirical and mocking those types of people.

Which isn't very bright on the Internet, since sarcasm isn't easy to pick up, hence most of the time satire just makes you look legitimately stupid, but I was bored and was trying to have fun. I do see your point on it just further shitting up discussion instead of promoting or adding to it.

So..Halo guys :)

Not the best picture of original Halo 3, but you can see the lighting differences. The new one looks softer and less harsh on the lighting. Textures pop a lot more too.

Original Version(not the best quality, but will work)
9ws6tEk.jpg

Newer Version:
EDiJoJ6.jpg

Fuchsdh

"Shake differently" eh? Well color me curious. I wonder how much you'll be able to feel the weapon you're using.

Is such a small decrease in resolution really such a big deal?

I haven't gone over to gaming side out of fear for my brain but I don't get why people would get so upset.

For most things, and for most people? Not really. For spec-obsessed internet people? What do you think...

Top Bottom