• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Biggest improvement?

The Grunt Birthday party skull in Halo 2(even though the confetti looks struggle as hell compared to Bungie's own in Halo 3/ODST/Reach)

Karl2177

• Halo: CE Anniversary's Kinect features are not supported in MCC.
I guess that's that.
  • For those of you who like to start message board wars over such things, let's get this out of the way: Halo 2's campaign isn't quiiiiiiite 1080p. Due to running the original graphics engine and the Xbox One-ified Anniversary graphics engine simultaneously and the original Halo 2 audio engine and remastered Anniversary audio engine simultaneously, Halo 2's campaign does run at 60fps but, resolution-wise, clocks in at 1328x1080. Here's an explanation from 343 executive producer Dan Ayoub: “During development we were really pleased with the way the engine and buffer allowed us to switch instantly between classic and Anniversary engines that are running simultaneously – however that, as you might expect, put a hit on resolution. The campaign of Halo 2: Anniversary looked fantastic at 720p with the level of detail and clarity it gave us, but like every other aspect of the game and tech, we wanted to push it further. So in the last weeks of development, our teams were able to meet a stretch goal and the campaign of Halo 2: Anniversary now runs 60 fps at a crisp resolution of 1328x1080, which is a significant and meaningful boost in image quality we think fans are really going to appreciate. All of the other games across the entire package of The Master Chief Collection run 60 fps at 1920x1080 native.”
What the fuck is that resolution?

much better imo. tons of details stick out more in the slightly more purple version.

covie stuff is purple, not blue

Here's another one. Mind the compression artifacts.

Those curves though!

mQAtXAY.gif

Holy shit, Halo 3 looks so good in 1080p/60FPS. You can actually make out all the little details and it isn't just an alias-fest anymore. The Crow's Nest bit with the Drones coming out of the pipes in particular looked great.

singhr1

Bloodline definitely look better close up. The foliage is definitely visible even though its used sparingly in few spots. The map looks a lot larger than I expected so I guess thats why they added the hornet. Taking out the scorpion by default seems like an odd choice. I wonder if the hornet is replacing the banshee?

The rest looked great. Not the best halo 4 gameplay to show (close quarters, few enemies) but it definitely looked better. Halo 3's anti-aliasing makes it so much better. Still no Halo CE multi gameplay :(.

Blueblur1

Cross-posting this from ththe other thread.

The instant switch is a trade show feature. No one will be switching after the first hour of their play session. If it is possible to get full 1080p by ditching the instant switch they should. It is an obvious choice.

Why was IGN's video somewhat condescending of Halo? It kept re-emphasizing its age and lack of aim down sights. Shut up, we know...and guess what? That's why we like it.

-Ryn

Banned
Well that was cool. I think the most important addition is the glowy confetti. Really dig it. Now that the Hornet is back we just need the Falcon. Is there a Covenant equivalent of the Falcon that would work?

The dude voicing the video sounded like he was in pain.

Why was IGN's video somewhat condescending of Halo? It kept re-emphasizing its age and lack of aim down sights. Shut up, we know...and guess what? That's why we like it.
I though it was weird when he talked about Halo being "old" and "slow". What are they smoking?

IHaveIce

Banned

Good thing Fracas turned down from his Tournament spree heh?

Giving the others a chance.

My thoughts on the vid and article:

The collection really seems to get better by the days now. The campaign footage of all games looks very very pretty.
Halo 3 guardian in 60 fps, daaaayumn.
Coag really looks weird with the colors, would really love to hear why those tints are used by a 343 dev? Tashi, Frankie? Anybody you could ask?

Hornets are back, finally! Such a cool, underused vehicle.

Wished we would already see some more UI and menu footage, also a tease of forge and theater.

IHaveIce

Banned
though I don't want to see Blood Line in Team Snipers all day.

Reach was really terrible how often it was voted there and how terrible it was.

So I've just been invited to take part in "Professional Filming" next Monday for Halo in London. :)

Does this make me really nerdy? I think so.

Yeah, that looks much better to me too.
I was not impressed by Halo Delta when it was first shown, but something feels different now.

Stinkles said that the last build he played really popped for him, so maybe this is the build that he was referring to. Either way, the textures and color looks magnificent..especially for a game this old.

Btw...they say Halo 3 is odd...but that bump to 1080p and 60fps is so smooth and buttery. Looks fantastic!

Wish IGN's footage wasn't so rough.

Thanks 343, you my homies

-Ryn

Banned
Ugh, the thread on the gaming side is awful, screw resolutions.

We need a Hornet appreciation thread.
The names have weird arrows on both sides. Wonder what that's about. Do we know if status colors will be in the anniversary multiplayer?

So I've just been invited to take part in "Professional Filming" next Monday for Halo in London. :)

Does this make me really nerdy? I think so.
What will it entail?

RowdyReverb

IGN Video Player is....

why couldn't they get an exclusive deal with Gamersyde or Gamespot or some shit

I was pretty impressed that I could watch it in 60fps on my aging computer. I can't say the same about Gamersyde vids. It does have irritating buffering bugs though.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Lol. Speedy Blue Dude is pretending this resolution is a big surprise in the gaming side thread. Despite the fact that he was perfectly well aware of my continued hints and comments on this subject.

CONCERN

-Ryn

Banned
A pleasant addition:

5fYGfdA.jpg
"Shake differently" eh? Well color me curious. I wonder how much you'll be able to feel the weapon you're using.

Lol. Speedy Blue Dude is pretending this resolution is a big surprise in the gaming side thread. Despite the fact that he was perfectly well aware of my continued hints and comments on this subject.

CONCERN
Is such a small decrease in resolution really such a big deal?

I haven't gone over to gaming side out of fear for my brain but I don't get why people would get so upset.

Top Bottom