• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

just wanted to leave this here for Zoojoo for when he get's off his flight to florida
ofIwIm0.gif

miss u already bae </3

Guys, guys. I don't think you've realized the true pinnacle of Halo that'll come to fruition with MCC.

Silenced SMG and Brute Plasma Rifle starts, no grenades, full camo perma-enabled, no shields, Shotguns and Gungooses are the only on-map spawns, 200% movement speed, everyone has 3 lives, Coag Anniversary.

I call it Thank Your Fucking Industry That 1080p, 60FPS And Dedicated Servers Are A Thing.

Guys, guys. I don't think you've realized the true pinnacle of Halo that'll come to fruition with MCC.

Silenced SMG and Brute Plasma Rifle starts, no grenades, full camo perma-enabled, no shields, Shotguns and Gungooses are the only on-map spawns, 200% movement speed, everyone has 3 lives, Coag Anniversary.

I call it Thank Your Fucking Industry That 1080p, 60FPS And Dedicated Servers Are A Thing.

that sounds like complete shite.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Despite sounding stupid as hell, even this makes me excited for HaloGAF customs.

Hmmm sounds not fun.

Know what sounds fun to me?

2+ hour long 8v8 touch return 2flag matches on Sidewinder online on dedis at 1080p60.

Pfhunkie

2+ hour long 8v8 touch return 2flag matches on Sidewinder online on dedis at 1080p60.
Another question for 343i: Is it Sidewinder from the Xbox version or the PC version? Difference being that the PC version has two way teleporters in the base rather than one way out to the ridges.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
The SpOps cutscenes are choppy as crap. I've watched them on YouTube and they always look fine but I just tried my first SpOps and watched one of the cutscenes and it looks pretty bad. I guess the cutscenes are streamed?

Another question for 343i: Is it Sidewinder from the Xbox version or the PC version? Difference being that the PC version has two way teleporters in the base rather than one way out to the ridges.

I bet it will be the PC version. The competitive online part of CEA is based on that code (I think).

The SpOps cutscenes are choppy as crap. I've watched them on YouTube and they always look fine but I just tried my first SpOps and watched one of the cutscenes and it looks pretty bad. I guess the cutscenes are streamed?

They are streamed. thats why Spartan Ops is restricted behind the gold paywall.

daedalius

Sounds hilarious and would totally play that.

Source

Was anyone else disappointed to see Coagulation is one of the Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer maps? I'm a fan of the map, but I don't feel it is well suited for 4v4, and I assume that is how big the playlist it is in will be. I thought for sure they would go for all small maps that work well for 4v4.

Kampfheld

Banned
Was anyone else disappointed to see Coagulation is one of the Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer maps? I'm a fan of the map, but I don't feel it is well suited for 4v4, and I assume that is how big the playlist it is in will be. I thought for sure they would go for all small maps that work well for 4v4.

They will - for sure - not let you play 4vs4 on Coag by default. That is -definitely- a Big Team Battle map.

On their panel they even said they want to have a good variety of sizes within their 6 chosen maps. So I expect 2-3 large maps (Coag) and 3-4 smaller ones (Lockout).

tootsi666

Played Halo 4 team slayer five hours straight. Legendary Slayer is excellent, but infinity slayer is just poor. I hope 343 just cuts infinity slayer from TMCC matchmaking and lets us enjoy the real Halo 4. It would be such a shame if Halo 4 gets ignored in cross-game -playlists (I will be playing those) because of sh***y gamemodes.

Need to replay Reach and ODST before November. It is funny how one announcement can make me start playing old (well, not new) favourites again even though my backlog is too long to measure.

Akai__

They will - for sure - not let you play 4vs4 on Coag by default. That is -definitely- a Big Team Battle map.

On their panel they even said they want to have a good variety of sizes within their 6 chosen maps. So I expect 2-3 large maps (Coag) and 3-4 smaller ones (Lockout).

After Halo 4's Team Sniper and Team Swat list, I don't think you are right, but I hope you are.

yet you see their Map sizes for their DLC and Halo 4... its a big team fest.

Played Halo 4 team slayer five hours straight. Legendary Slayer is excellent, but infinity slayer is just poor. I hope 343 just cuts infinity slayer from TMCC matchmaking and lets us enjoy the real Halo 4. It would be such a shame if Halo 4 gets ignored in cross-game -playlists (I will be playing those) because of sh***y gamemodes.

Need to replay Reach and ODST before November. It is funny how one announcement can make me start playing old (well, not new) favourites again even though my backlog is too long to measure.
Real halo 4 is Infinity

Source

Really? I didn't hear that. Here's hoping for Containment or Relic being another BTB map that gets brought back.

Mhmm. If only the sandbox had elements that could be used to counter that functionality. Maybe some grenades with delayed fuses, or ones that provided area denial. Impossible too to swap sides after rounds, I reckon.

Just hit the actual bubble-ball with a well-placed Vector Grenade and you could send the equipment flying off into the distance while your victim wub-dubs in fear.

FyreWulff

I'm sincerely hoping that it's H2A's Forge World. In that the canyon is just one part of a large, expansive map (or at least has a giant "bubble" around it like Forge Island)

It'd be nice if they could do a straight port of Forge World over to the Halo 4 engine so all the canvasses are available. Perhaps H2A Coag is that port.

I like to think otherwise.
There is a great game under many layers of garbage.

Think all you want, but 343 started listening to us when they realized that the community just stopped playing their Halo.

too many layers of garbage to suffer through. look at the decline in population. and how they handled DLC, and the Loadouts and the perks and the AAs and Sprint. and i could go on and on.

I'm sincerely hoping that it's H2A's Forge World. In that the canyon is just one part of a large, expansive map (or at least has a giant "bubble" around it like Forge Island)

It'd be nice if they could do a straight port of Forge World over to the Halo 4 engine so all the canvasses are available. Perhaps H2A Coag is that port.

It'd be pretty neat if they pulled a Motocross Madness and the canyon outside of Blood Gulch was a mostly flat piece of terrain, with an accompanying hugeass Forge rock to plug up the hole that Coag makes.

Shame there never was a portable gravity lift or something in the series either.

Salted shade AND a personalize double entendre? Bo for top tier halogaf confirmed

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Really? I didn't hear that. Here's hoping for Containment or Relic being another BTB map that gets brought back.
I'd love to see a reenvisioned Relic. The original was great, but had some issues.

It seems like it'd be a waste to make Forge for H2A and not have some sort of Forge World.

Sibylus

Banned
Not something easily conveyable through text.
Being that Halo has (or has had) all of: grenades with timed fuses (plasma), area denial (incendiary, spike), swapped sides and portable grav lifts... I would disagree. Couldn't have been much more blatant without strapping on sarcasm tags.

Salted shade AND a personalize double entendre? Bo for top tier halogaf confirmed
... oh u

FyreWulff

It seems like it'd be a waste to make Forge for H2A and not have some sort of Forge World.

Yeah, it'd really let people make whatever they want in Forge in the Halo 2 sandbox.

I'd also wonder if they would bring the Forge World pieces forward again, and it retains the Lockout and Ascension geometry pieces.. lol

maneil99

This so much. If a character dies, he/she dies. We don't need resurrections.

If she comes back in physical form I'm done with Halo.
The nerffing of the covenant makes me want to skip the next entry but I'm prepared to by an X1 for MCC collection.

maneil99

I don't get the Palmer hate. She's abrasive, but that's hardly the end of the world. What do people despise about her so much?

She serves no purpose and is annoying as shit. Nothing she says or does is essential to the plot, why not have a cooler character take her spot? Lines like "I thought you would be taller" are just shit. She symbolizes the entire shitfest that is making the UNSC this unstoppable force and the Covenant/Aliens a bunch of morons that can't do shit. The more 343 goes does this "Super Human" road the less and less I want to do with it. Halo was at it's best when the enemies were fun to fight and intimidating, considering how bad of enemies the Forerunners were in H4 their best bet would have been to go down the Covenant route or make organic enemies from a new race, but since they have made the humans so fucking powerful in the lore now, it seems like the only future is with the forerunners or flood.

She serves no purpose and is annoying as shit. Nothing she says or does is essential to the plot, why not have a cooler character take her spot? Lines like "I thought you would be taller" are just shit.

"I thought you would be taller" is her covering up her nervousness at seeing a living legend by using sarcasm. That's fairly interesting, IMO. She serves a purpose in that she's the commander of the UNSC Infinity's Spartan complement; basically, a close analogy to the Chief's role with the 2s. Thus, she contrasts. Does she have a central role in the plot? No, but neither would anyone else you drop into her position.

Personally? I think it's nerdrage over the "eggheads" line. Since D&D, us geeks have been putting intelligent, geeky characters on a pedestal (understandably, since those are the kinds we sympathize with) and having a character dismiss them rubs some people the wrong way. This then spreads out and amplifies until we have people dissecting the character for no particularly good reason. Seriously, she's practically part of the scenery. Why does she have to be super fleshed out?

EDIT: Dat edit.

She symbolizes the entire shitfest that is making the UNSC this unstoppable force and the Covenant/Aliens a bunch of morons that can't do shit. The more 343 goes does this "Super Human" road the less and less I want to do with it. Halo was at it's best when the enemies were fun to fight and intimidating, considering how bad of enemies the Forerunners were in H4 their best bet would have been to go down the Covenant route or make organic enemies from a new race, but since they have made the humans so fucking powerful in the lore now, it seems like the only future is with the forerunners or flood.

The UNSC is not this unstoppable force; the Covenant just fractured, dissolving into civil war. Sure, the UNSC has some cool new toys (mostly as the result of borrowed Forerunner tech), but they're not fighting the same enemies because those guys technically don't exist any more. The Covenant as an institution was dissolved when the Elites broke off. There's god only knows how many splinter factions at this point, and the largest ones appear to have no interest in going to war. If the UNSC seems unstoppable, it's because the dynamic has changed from a standard war into more of an anti-insurgency campaign.

maneil99

What do you mean by 'nerffing of the covenant'? I liked Halo 4's campaing a lot and I actually think it is 3rd best in the whole series so I'm really hyped for Halo 5: Guardians.

The fact the humans are an unstoppable force while just one game ago they were on the brink of extinciton from the Covenant, now we have a bunch of morons flying around giving off one liners and smashing through covenant super cruisers like they were made of feathers.

Ghazi

This so much. If a character dies, he/she dies. We don't need resurrections.

Yeah, but I want them to retcon 4, so I don't mind. Even if that character is back for 5 seconds, I'd rather have them killed in a game that didn't have a QTE last boss.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
"I thought you would be taller" is her covering up her nervousness at seeing a living legend by using sarcasm. That's fairly interesting, IMO. She serves a purpose in that she's the commander of the UNSC Infinity's Spartan complement; basically, a close analogy to the Chief's role with the 2s. Thus, she contrasts. Does she have a central role in the plot? No, but neither would anyone else you drop into her position.

Personally? I think it's nerdrage over the "eggheads" line. Since D&D, us geeks have been putting intelligent, geeky characters on a pedestal (understandably, since those are the kinds we sympathize with) and having a character dismiss them rubs some people the wrong way. This then spreads out and amplifies until we have people dissecting the character for no particularly good reason. Seriously, she's practically part of the scenery. Why does she have to be super fleshed out?
I agree with the first paragraph, and I think what you're getting at in the second paragraph could be true for some people. For me, though, it's just that she's arrogant and macho as hell, and those qualities are presented in such a heavy handed way. It's really off putting. Those qualities aren't inherently annoying, but they really beat you over the head with it with Palmer.

Top Bottom