• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Yeah Halo 2 Anniversary has changes but saying "crazy new things" ? Come on.

The gungoose is the only thing that fits this desription.

Speedboost? Uhm there were custom powerups that could improve your speed.

Loadouts (if really be completely configurable) are the biggest offenders, though without Perks and AAs it isn't as bad.

We are (as we are aware) still free of Sprint, AAs, Flinch and will probably go back to descoping.

I just hope no promethean weapons are in

when did they confirm loadouts?

Striker

Yeah Halo 2 Anniversary has changes but saying "crazy new things" ? Come on.

The gungoose is the only thing that fits this desription.

Speedboost? Uhm there were custom powerups that could improve your speed.
Halo 2 just had overshield and active camo. Custom powerups started in Halo 3.

-Ryn

Banned
Doesn't speedy spend like $10,000/year on video games? Why would he need convincing to spend $15 on microsoft's babby?

Oh look, old posts i forgot I multi-quoted yesterday.

Yeah, it sucks. Not so bad today, but I have to be careful which is worse.

Nah, I'm gonna freeze myself.

Good lord that sounds painful
Yeah he was playing Halo 3
Isn't this like the 4th time Speedy will have bought Halo 4?

Good luck with your hammy dude. Are you gonna be doing the Destiny beta?

I love Halo 3

Booties

Banned
Isn't this like the 4th time Speedy will have bought Halo 4?

Good luck with your hammy dude. Are you gonna be doing the Destiny beta?

I love Halo 3

Thanks and no, I won't. I'm buying a bone in november or until a price drop/mcc bundle happens

I don't even care about achievements anymore. No way in hell will I spend the time I did to get the Lone Wolves ones at launch for Halo 3. Same goes for the ones in Halo 4. Wish I could turn them off altogether. I do hate the fact all my file shares which have me legitimately getting a lot of them probably won't be seen ever again.

Well, there's no guarantee those achievements will be there, right?

It will be interesting to find out whether the armor unlocks are still tied to the H3 achievements. Kinda hope they're all unlocked from the start, but that's just me wanting my ODST helmet right off the bat.

Rockyrock

Feels like you're dragging an anchor.

yep.

fuck this game. No matter how much I played it I could never get used to how "off" the game felt.

At least with H4 it felt nothing like a Halo game so it was easy to get over and move on. Halo 3 felt like a halo game at the core, but it was just a really bad Halo game. That's what was so hard to swallow. (also the fact that CE and H2 were near perfect)

-Ryn

Banned
It will be interesting to find out whether the armor unlocks are still tied to the H3 achievements. Kinda hope they're all unlocked from the start, but that's just me wanting my ODST helmet right off the bat.
343 can start Recon frenzy again. It'll be just like old times!
I enjoyed unlocking the armor. As long as they don't link them to something ridiculous like the laser achievement it should be fine. Getting the vid masters was awesome.

Really hope they keep hyabusa armour in.
I don't see why they wouldn't.

Hell, I'm still hoping for the katana to return so your Spartan can use it for special assassinations when you wear it. Maybe one day...

Fracas

#fuckonami
How in the hell does that guy have 121k followers

Who's looking at that guy and is like "wow, this is a solid, factual source of news. I should keep up with this"

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
It'd be funny if 343 distributed a code to all the Bungie employees just so it would still be exclusive to them.

Wouldn't be funny for the folks who would have to track down all of the issues with people trying to hack their accounts for the armor piece.

lybertyboy

I was about to say this should totally happen, but had no idea of the problems it would cause. People are jerks.

At one point we considered making one of the Halo 4 armors exclusive to 343, but it's not worth the hassle that comes from it.

-Ryn

Banned
Wouldn't be funny for the folks who would have to track down all of the issues with people trying to hack their accounts for the armor piece.
Wait that was a problem you guys had? I remember Recon having problems but I never even thought about the flames.

Some people just suck.

lybertyboy

Wait that was a problem you guys had? I remember Recon having problems but I never even thought about the flames.

Some people just suck.

Eh, unfortunately it's human nature. Tell people they can't have something and some folks will become obsessed to the point of throwing ethics and morals out the window.

Heck, I've heard of plenty of situations where people were harassed just for having the Bungie text next to their gamertag.

Eh, unfortunately it's human nature. Tell people they can't have something and some folks will become obsessed to the point of throwing ethics and morals out the window.

Heck, I've heard of plenty of situations where people were harassed just for having the Bungie text next to their gamertag.
Did Bungie have this problem with the exclusive in Reach (blue flames?) before opening to everyone, do you know? This s why we can't have nice things.

So what you're saying is we won't be seeing Recon version 2.0.

Gooooooood.

First hand experience right here. Nothing better than being a shitty player in the first place, then adding in the betrayals and "celebratory crouching" from my own teammates because a couple of children mistook me for a Bungie employee. :-\

Also, playing with randoms is generally not fun.

Fuchsdh

What were the requirements for the Bungie nametag again? I completely forgot those little icons were a thing.

remember reach?

-Ryn

Banned

First hand experience right here. Nothing better than being a shitty player in the first place, then adding in the betrayals and "celebratory crouching" from my own teammates because a couple of children mistook me for a Bungie employee. :-

Also, playing with randoms is generally not fun.
It's such a shame.

Back in the good ol' days of Halo 3 I remember thinking how cool it was to see one of my teammates had the flames because that meant I was getting to play with one of the dudes who actually made the game. I just don't get it. Why make such a big deal over not having a piece of armor that isn't even tangible?

I guess there's not much that can be done about it in the end. C'est la vie I suppose.

I can't even believe that people did that over a Bungie tag. That's... that's just insane.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
How in the hell does that guy have 121k followers

Who's looking at that guy and is like "wow, this is a solid, factual source of news. I should keep up with this"

His videos are always either just theory videos with misleading titles or fake leaks.

And one pyramid scheme.

IHaveIce

Banned
Man played some Halo 4 today and to everyone who keeps on voting Infinity Slayer instead of Legendary Slayer: you are shit.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Warning: Massively unpopular opinion ahead!

After playing 4 it feels off for all of them...
That's probably cause there's crazy aim assist in Halo 4. It's easy mode aiming.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Man played some Halo 4 today and to everyone who keeps on voting Infinity Slayer instead of Legendary Slayer: you are shit.
Any issues with bad lag? Me and others were teleporting around the field it got so bad.

Top Bottom