• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Fuchsdh

Some achievements (probably campaign completion, et al) are likely to be the ones that remain the same. But I really liked the thrust of Halo CEA's achievements, where they encouraged alternate styles of play or odd limitations (Leave It Where It Lay, Spare The Little Guys, Speed Reader.) I hope we get more of those. On the multiplayer side since the suite is designed to be integrated I really hope it's just cumulative general playstyle achievements (like "play a match on every map", "win X matches of Halo 2" or something pretty simple and less gimmicky.)

Karl2177

But how do you account for the incredibly low numbers of Grunts, or Elites? Or hell, all the Engineer stuff being listed as N/A? Having the human population drop from 39 to 16 billion is impressive, having the population of earth drop from 10 billion to 200 million is impressive. Both of these figures make a lot of sense. Having the Covenant systematically find and wipe out all the remaining non-Earth colonies in those 2 months is kind of infeasible.

Looking at the numbers and the sources for the human population, it seems to be very revisionist. The numbers get larger the later the publication date. I have a feeling nothing is going to come of this discussion, because I find the Bestiarum the best source, where you see it is inaccurate based on numbers that come later and from a different source.

darthbob

As long as the Halo 1 and 2 'cheevos aren't just copied from CEA and H2V, I'm happy.

I'd be okay with Halo 1's achievements being from CEA, but if H2's are from H2V then wtf

Looking at the numbers and the sources for the human population, it seems to be very revisionist. The numbers get larger the later the publication date. I have a feeling nothing is going to come of this discussion, because I find the Bestiarum the best source, where you see it is inaccurate based on numbers that come later and from a different source.

Yeah, this is going nowhere fast.

Gah, I need more info! You guys think we'll see anything about armor customization at Comicon?

Mistel

Banned
As long as the Halo 1 and 2 'cheevos aren't just copied from CEA and H2V, I'm happy.

I'd be okay with Halo 1's achievements being from CEA, but if H2's are from H2V then wtf
I think they are doing new achievements for the collection it would be a bit of a misfire to have the exact same ones again.

Crucio

I really hope they dont copy achievement lists at all, especially multiplayer ones. Halo 3 had some of the toughest MP achievements. I do not want to do them again.

FyreWulff

You would think all the playlist specific ones would have to go because the playlist setup isn't the same.

Actually, they should have zero achievements that require a certain map/gametype combo to exist in matchmaking. Don't need to be handicapping matchmaking, already split as it is, with that.

Also, I think it goes without saying that all the Vidmasters in Halo 3 will be removed or renamed.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I think it goes without saying that all the Vidmasters in Halo 3 will be removed or renamed.
I really hope they're not removed entirely. I was taking a break from gaming when the Vidmasters were first added, and I missed the big initial wave of people trying to get them. I'd love to get another chance at that experience.

FyreWulff

I really hope they're not removed entirely. I was taking a break from gaming when the Vidmasters were first added, and I missed the big initial wave of people trying to get them. I'd love to get another chance at that experience.

Yeah, that's why I threw in renamed. Figure the original name is going to be hard due to it being Bungie IP. 7 on the 7th is probably an obvious one to drop as well. Presuming per-playlist EXP won't be a thing anymore.

blamite

Yeah, that's why I threw in renamed. Figure the original name is going to be hard due to it being Bungie IP. 7 on the 7th is probably an obvious one to drop as well. Presuming per-playlist EXP won't be a thing anymore.

I don't think there's any problem with 343 using the Vidmaster name, since a few Spartan Assault achievements used it. On the other hand, I'll be kind of pissed if Bungie can't use it anymore since 343 "owns" it now or something.

I will just put this here, for wahrer.

apqWoBB_460sa_v1.gif

-Ryn

Banned
How do i get better at shooting in Halo Reach
Have you tried putting the blue thing on your target?

It's good to try and get used to a higher sensitivity. You can try getting used to a lower sensitivity and then working up from there until you find one that works for you. That's what I did.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
I really hope they dont copy achievement lists at all, especially multiplayer ones. Halo 3 had some of the toughest MP achievements. I do not want to do them again.

They said we will be getting new cheevos. I'm personally hoping for a "Win(or play) a match on every MP map" achievement. Forcing people to play games, that they'd rather not, get's me all happy inside.

-Ryn

Banned
Joined in progress on an oddball match where to my surprise I happen to be on the team that ExWife's party is donging on.

Halo

IHaveIce

Banned
Hahaha this GIF. Well played sir.

So no news since #gungoose huh? When do you guys think we'll see more?

And by news I mean actual good stuff
SDCC & Comic Con
Edit:
And Comic Con, don't forget there is also Comic Con, and Comic Con

Nah Gamescom, PAX, Eurogamer etc.

-Ryn

Banned
#GSO ryn

also im a 41 in lone wolves atm. almost to 50.
2503766-2616750949-13929.jpg

How's that 50 coming Gundam?

Hahaha this GIF. Well played sir.

So no news since #gungoose huh? When do you guys think we'll see more?

And by news I mean actual good stuff
Apparently August is going to be the next big news reveal during GAMESCOM and Comic Con... why did that auto cap? If I recall it will involve more maps and details on armor customization.

Poor Ryn. He got the "Oh..." LOL

I was trying to play halo 3 again. Nope. For some reason the aiming in that game feels like the worst thing ever conceived. Why is it I can play halo 1 & 2 on xbc with no issues aiming the utility weapon, even reach & 4 also with no issues. When I try halo 3 though it feels like there are bricks taped to the br. Its heavy and hard to maneuver the way I want =/ Am I crazy or does anyone else feel 3's aiming is off when they have randomly tried to play it?

-Ryn

Banned

I was trying to play halo 3 again. Nope. For some reason the aiming in that game feels like the worst thing ever conceived. Why is it I can play halo 1 & 2 on xbc with no issues aiming the utility weapon, even reach & 4 also with no issues. When I try halo 3 though it feels like there are bricks taped to the br. Its heavy and hard to maneuver the way I want =/ Am I crazy or does anyone else feel 3's aiming is off when they have randomly tried to play it?
It could be your aim sensitivity but yeah it does feel slow at times for me. I think it mostly has to do with the feedback being terrible though. I can never tell if I actually landed shots. Wasn't Halo 3 the only one with bullet travel for most of its weapons?

Takashi

The aiming itself hasn't really been an issue for me, but that could just be due to me usually playing between low to mid sensitivities. What I do notice is the actual movement being kind of sluggish though.

It could be your aim sensitivity but yeah it does feel slow at times for me. I think it mostly has to do with the feedback being terrible though. I can never tell if I actually landed shots. Wasn't Halo 3 the only one with bullet travel for most of its weapons?

Yeah, Halo 3 used projectile weapons as opposed to hitscan.

Good games tonight guys. "Some people" should chase kills less, charge without teammates less, and use other parts of the map than the bottom more often :)

Oh.

Omni

Playing CTF in Halo 4 earlier made think about this. Do we know if we'll be able to drop the flag in Halo 2 Anniversary? With the other changes I wouldn't put it past 343i to throw it in as well

-Ryn

Banned
Good games tonight guys. "Some people" should chase kills less, charge without teammates less, and use other parts of the map than the bottom more often :)

Oh.
1338144166933.gif

Was a great time.

Playing CTF in Halo 4 earlier made think about this. Do we know if we'll be able to drop the flag in Halo 2 Anniversary? With the other changes I wouldn't put it past 343i to throw it in as well
Since they said that it is supposed to just be considered Halo 2 Directors Cut, I doubt it. Hopefully we will find out in August but I really hope that they didn't do that. I'm sick of my Spartan getting his hand super glued.

What I'm more worried about is if the "kill this guy" waypoint is coming back. I hate it so much.

Madness

I don't even care about achievements anymore. No way in hell will I spend the time I did to get the Lone Wolves ones at launch for Halo 3. Same goes for the ones in Halo 4. Wish I could turn them off altogether. I do hate the fact all my file shares which have me legitimately getting a lot of them probably won't be seen ever again.

I hope they keep adding content to H2A MP so they can have Classic Halo Fans pleased with new stuff and try to do crazy new things with following halos MP

willow ve

I hope they keep adding content to H2A MP so they can have Classic Halo Fans pleased with new stuff and try to do crazy new things with following halos MP
Nothing about the current info for H2A seems to be "classic halo" so I'm not sure how adding more to it will appease those fans.

Halo 5 should avoid trying to do all these crazy new things. At the very least put all crazy new things on a gametype toggle so it doesn't take mods or a title update to turn them off.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah Halo 2 Anniversary has changes but saying "crazy new things" ? Come on.

The gungoose is the only thing that fits this desription.

Speedboost? Uhm there were custom powerups that could improve your speed.

Loadouts (if really be completely configurable) are the biggest offenders, though without Perks and AAs it isn't as bad.

We are (as we are aware) still free of Sprint, AAs, Flinch and will probably go back to descoping.

I just hope no promethean weapons are in

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

I was trying to play halo 3 again. Nope. For some reason the aiming in that game feels like the worst thing ever conceived.
Yeah, something feels off with Halo 3's aiming. It always takes me a bit to get used to. I think it's the aim acceleration.

Booties

Banned
Doesn't speedy spend like $10,000/year on video games? Why would he need convincing to spend $15 on microsoft's babby?

Oh look, old posts i forgot I multi-quoted yesterday.
Should've pulled your hamstring in November. I guess you can always do it again!

PS: Hope you heal soon. That sounds like a pain in the ass.

Yeah, it sucks. Not so bad today, but I have to be careful which is worse.

You have to wait.

Nah, I'm gonna freeze myself.

damn, sorry to hear it Booties, I broke my leg in football in middle school and it tore the hamstring in half. I was on crutches for 8 months... A lot of Halo 3 came out of this

Good lord that sounds painful

Top Bottom