• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Striker

I see tons of people getting excited for Halo 2 BTB. I must admit, Halo 2 BTB was my favorite of the Halo games. Coag, Containment, Relic, Terminal, Zanzibar, etc...
bFeSjpm.jpg

Tawpgun

H2 BTB!!!!

Can't wait for neuty objectives on waterworks, flag wars on containment and Coag, 1 flag/ bomb on terminal

Oh, and endless contesting on headlong 1 flag

Halo 3 BTB yay... Or am I the only one interested?

I'm excited to try Halo 3 online without lag and those common bloodshots. They should make H3 MLG settings the base gameplay across the board.

EDIT: I think people are in for a shock when we'll be able to directly compare Halo 3's gameplay speed to other Halo games, but who knows.. maybe the updates will help with the feel.

mhi

6v6 was surprisingly one of the better playlists during Halo 2's last months. Hope it comes back in the form of not requiring 14-16 players to start a BTB match.

Booshka

Personally preferred it to the sniper rifle-like Halo 2 BR.

Which was caused by a tiny skill gap in shooting from the aim assist and magnetism. Halo 2 BR definitely overpowered the sandbox, but that was because it is so damn easy to shoot in Halo 2. Halo should be a primarily mid-range firefights kind of FPS in my opinion, but that mid-range weapon(s) should take almost as much skill as the Power weapons. Halo CE did this with the Pistol, but Halo 2 failed to do it with the BR, then in Halo 3, they intentionally broke the BR so that they didn't have to reintroduce true shooting skill and the sandbox could be a little more "balanced."

nillapuddin

So much new blood, welcome folks.

Is it possible to have all of HaloGaf on some sort of combined friends list on Xbox One?

I dont have one yet and have no idea how it works

I can think of 3 ways

Everyone Friend Everyone

Everyone "Follow" Everyone

Make a HaloGAF universal gamertag and then have everyone friend it, so you could always check that accounts online friends to find people

willow ve

Halo 2 full gameplay has some issues. Notably swipe sniping and noob combo. I would love if 5 is a mix of 2+3
it's science

Personally preferred it to the sniper rifle-like Halo 2 BR.
You must have been grabbing host every game if you think the Halo 2 BR was a Sniper.
Which was caused by a tiny skill gap in shooting from the aim assist and magnetism. Halo 2 BR definitely overpowered the sandbox, but that was because it is so damn easy to shoot in Halo 2. Halo should be a primarily mid-range firefights kind of FPS in my opinion, but that mid-range weapon(s) should take almost as much skill as the Power weapons. Halo CE did this with the Pistol, but Halo 2 failed to do it with the BR, then in Halo 3, they intentionally broke the BR so that they didn't have to reintroduce true shooting skill and the sandbox could be a little more "balanced."
Still cannot believe some people wanted a nerf instead of making the rest of the sandbox more useful. I remember when Bungie spoke of the Pistol as being a worthy contender in the hands of a skilled player.

Karl2177

IMO, the Halo 4 Turbo BR was the best BR in the series. Halo 2's went through so many iterations that it was either the Halo 3 pistol or a zero-bloom DMR. Halo 3's served its purpose as a sniper-pinger, but it was useless at anything else beyond mid-range. Halo 4's first iteration was useless thanks to the DMR, but actually became worthwhile after the patch.

Ghazi

IMO, the Halo 4 Turbo BR was the best BR in the series. Halo 2's went through so many iterations that it was either the Halo 3 pistol or a zero-bloom DMR. Halo 3's served its purpose as a sniper-pinger, but it was useless at anything else beyond mid-range. Halo 4's first iteration was useless thanks to the DMR, but actually became worthwhile after the patch.

Halo 4's BR is my favorite BR to date. Both mechanically and visually, though I think the firing sound could use some work. It is one of my favorite parts of Halo 4! It just feels so perfect: the accuracy, the number of shots to kill, the fire rate, etc. That feeling when you land all your shots and that last bullet gets the headshot as the previous one breaks their shields is one of the most gratifying feels I've felt in a while. Imagine if we had gotten the game focused on the BR and only a small handful of other core weapons like we did in previous Halo games.

Woorloog

Banned

The proper Halo.
Though i'd prefer to have a bunch of new maps, new vehicles, Grenade Launcher, Focus Rifle, and something new thrown on top of that. And rebalanced equipment.

Not Xbone+TMCC (ie closer to 500€ in total here) interested though.

Halo 4's BR is my favorite BR to date. Both mechanically and visually, though I think the firing sound could use some work. It is one of my favorite parts of Halo 4! It just feels so perfect: the accuracy, the number of shots to kill, the fire rate, etc. That feeling when you land all your shots and that last bullet gets the headshot as the previous one breaks their shields is one of the most gratifying feels I've felt in a while. Imagine if we had gotten the game focused on the BR and only a small handful of other core weapons like we did in previous Halo games.

I am also in this feeling. I love the Halo 4 BR so much I use it in big team even though the DMR is probably a better choice in most situations. I like the H4 BR sound at first but I do agree it needs to sound better. That cricket sound behind the beefyness when you hear it in the distance is really awkward =/

Brute chopper splatters were so much fun in Halo 3, the vehicles didnt fly away with anything like you were in space and the warthogs turrets didnt suck or overload.

Vehicle map control is non existant in Halo 4 unless you have Prinz and the whole squad is protecting him

Mistel

Banned
The proper Halo.
Though i'd prefer to have a bunch of new maps, new vehicles, Grenade Launcher, Focus Rifle, and something new thrown on top of that. And rebalanced equipment.

Not Xbone+TMCC (ie closer to 500€ in total here) interested though.
It's expensive here pretty much £400 give or take a couple of pence. That would be nice not sure that we will get it in 5 myself but who knows...
Brute chopper splatters were so much fun in Halo 3, the vehicles didnt fly away with anything like you were in space and the warthogs turrets didnt suck or overload.

Vehicle map control is non existant in Halo 4 unless you have Prinz and the whole squad is protecting him
Well me and you should play it some time then if you want when it comes out? As for vehicular map control I think I do alright by myself with a banshee or wraith. Nebula is the one to ask about my performance though.

Woorloog

Banned
It's expensive here pretty much £400 give or take a couple of pence. That would be nice not sure that we will get it in 5 myself but who knows...

Honestly, not even knowing what Halo 5 would have would persuade me, i think. If i get Xbone, i want more than one exclusive game i'm interested in. Halo 5 should be something i'd call a game of the forever to sell me Xbone. I very much doubt that will be the case.
Of course it could end up being one.

(If it were a open-world game in the vein of Skyrim, with local co-op, that would be a GotF easily, though this ignoring the potential issues an open world Halo would have)

That reminds me, I need to save the game where I grabbed the tank and turned the game around with a Running Riot, assisted by awesome tank machine gun turreting by Booties.

Duji

It comes down to the H4 vs the H2 BR. Hm.

The H2 BR has way more reticle and bullet magnetism while the H4 BR has flinch and a bit of recoil. I think I agree, the H4 turbo BR is better simply because it takes more skill. I wish the DMR's kill time was faster though :(.

And a little piece of trivia for those who don't know: the H2 & H3 BRs have one-frame gaps between the bullets of a burst while the H4 BR does not. It's why a single H4 burst sounds and feels quick and punchy as opposed to being more drawn out.

LTTP...

Hey, we're back! Yay!

Halo 2 BTB >>>> Halo * BTB
I can't wait to play it again

I like the cut of your jib mate.

Does anyone else here still play Halo 4 semi regularly? I have a few added already but my friends list is dead these days. Out of 99 friends I'm lucky if I see more than 5 online at a time. Most times it's just 2-3

You're from Tassie, yeah? Hit my GT up, same as GAF name. We play regular parties of approx. 5-12 most week nights. If matchmaking population is shit then we play customs. We're usually playing BTB these days. We also do Titanfall on X1 recently too.

otakuderek

Hey HaloGAF!

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?

December 2008; I have been lurking HaloGAF since November 2013. I'm trying to speak up more in threads. Pretty bad at that.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)

25; Virginia

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?

I started playing Halo back in 2003 when my buddy got a Xbox for Christmas. Played Halo and Halo 2 there until about April 2006 when got my own 360 with Halo 2. I have played all the games to this point.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)

Definitely multiplayer. I do enjoy co op campaign though if I can get a good group together.

What is your favorite playlist?
(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)

Team Slayer, BTB, Team Snipers, SWAT

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)
Examples of things to include:
- Any HaloGaffers you know in real life.

Nope

- Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.

Nope

- Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.

I really enjoy racing games so Forza 5 right now. I'll play just about anything out there. BF4 is my current FPS until MCC comes out.

- Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)

Law by day, gamer by night. I read a lot and build Gundams. You can add me on Xbox Live if you would like: VendettaXXI. I'm always down to play whatever. Just toss an invite.

Well me and you should play it some time then if you want when it comes out? As for vehicular map control I think I do alright by myself with a banshee or wraith. Nebula is the one to ask about my performance though.

Sure thing! I was a good warthog driver in Halo 3 before everything could kill you in a breeze but still dont have the money for the console right now maybe next year.

In terms of big team battle maps.

Halo CE > Halo 3 > Halo 2 > Halo 4.

Sidewinder was my favorite map, can't wait to do some 8 v 8 online. Avalanche was a good spiritual successor, but falls a little short of Sidewinder. Would love to see Sidewinder back in Halo 5.

- Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)

Law by day, gamer by night. I read a lot and build Gundams. You can add me on Xbox Live if you would like: VendettaXXI. I'm always down to play whatever. Just toss an invite.

NVM, thought you were a junior! Welcome to HaloGAF. Gundams are cool.

Ghazi

All I'd like to have from MCC is to play Death Island and Timberland on consoles. Imagine the insane customs!

Wizard will be fun, though.

Mistel

Banned
I can't wait to play BTB in general. H1, h2, h3 will all be fun for me.
That and oddball will be probably what I end up playing the most out of everything.
Sure thing! I was a good warthog driver in Halo 3 before everything could kill you in a breeze but still dont have the money for the console right now maybe next year.
I've not got the money either as it's quite expensive still so I'm probably waiting for a while till I can get one. But when we both get one we can play together :).

Karl2177

It comes down to the H4 vs the H2 BR. Hm.

The H2 BR has way more reticle and bullet magnetism while the H4 BR has flinch and a bit of recoil. I think I agree, the H4 turbo BR is better simply because it takes more skill. I wish the DMR's kill time was faster though :(.

And a little piece of trivia for those who don't know: the H2 & H3 BRs have one-frame gaps between the bullets of a burst while the H4 BR does not. It's why a single H4 burst sounds and feels quick and punchy as opposed to being more drawn out.

I was going through your utility weapon spreadsheet again just now while rereading your post. I don't suppose there's a frame by frame analysis of each of the weapons on there. Of course, it'd be near impossible to get accurate and precise data for CE and 2, but it would be interesting to see.

Karl2177

Check PMs.

Why? For CE, all one needs is 30 fps footage of someone firing the CE magnum at the max RoF. This video suffices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUoVJzkL5es

Interesting. I guess I never played enough of the turbo update to notice that it was only an 11 bullet kill.

In regards to the CE and 2 comment, you can get the data, but it isn't going to be as precise as a game where you can go in-engine frame-by-frame. Depending on the video codec used to encode the video, it could drop a game's frame here and there. Once you get a large enough sample size, precision isn't as important and fairly negligible in this case since the results aren't going to vary by large numbers.

Top Bottom