• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Ghazi

I still haven't gotten to play with you or ExWife lately, bae :(

Who needs HGS when you've got ExWife and Co.

it-s-bugs-bunny-2-o.gif

Accidentally posted this in the Halo 4 OT first, because I'm dumb.

Yo. Just finished some more Halo Inspired music. This one is heavily influenced by Kazuma Jinnouchi's "Gravity". Here's a link if anyone's interested. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMVcvfkgvVc

On a slightly related note, I also just finished writing the music that my fiancee will be walking down the aisle to in 3 months. So excited.

Ice cold.

Congrats! Really nice piece too! What plugins are you using for strings and drums?

Thanks! That one uses NI Evolve Mutations 1 and 2 for the electronic/cinematic percussion along with Timpani and cymbals from EastWest Symphonic Orchestra. The strings are all LA Scoring Strings.

Just got back from vaca. For those of you who thought you would get an extended break from my shit posting, you are very wrong.

Expect a RTX writeup within the week.

-Ryn

Banned
Just got back from vaca. For those of you who thought you would get an extended break from my shit posting, you are very wrong.

Expect a RTX writeup within the week.
Missed you and your posting

Knowledge of the map and spawns is what makes a good player, getting out of spawn traps shows a good player. Jumper is a moron. on waypoint and twitter.
Yeah Jumper could do without the sarcasm and be a better sport about losing (I'm assuming he was one of the competitors) but that doesn't address the problem. Just going to address that I'm not just talking about tournaments, I'm talking about online multiplayer as well.

As I said earlier it's obvious that knowing the spawns and times takes skill. That's impressive and there's no denying that but again, it puts the opposing player at an automatic disadvantage. Here's an example: Player A already knows where player B has spawned and has started taking down player B's health. This is assuming they are just using a regular utility weapon. Player B needs to not only find player A, but somehow manage to take him down in time even though he already has 2 out of say 4 shots put on him which is half of his health. Yeah a good enough player MIGHT be able to get out of it, but if the both are equally skilled players that know how to shoot, player A is probably going to win. This is again assuming player A wasn't using a power weapon like rockets or a sniper which is a potential 4-8 kills. This is also just 1v1. A coordinated team can be an even bigger problem. When you have a party of randoms fighting a team with mics that know the system, you may as well grab something to eat because you are probably screwed. I have seen it many times, and "Get good" is not gonna do shit. So yes a player that can know spawns and times is certainly skilled as is someone who actually manages to get out of it.

That isn't an equal playing field though. That is an unfair advantage that you cannot just use skill to get out of.

it puts the opposing player at an automatic disadvantage.

But herein lies the incorrectness of the statement. It's not automatic. It involves them first losing the kill/battle/weapon struggle prior to the spawn. Then the other player needs to be in position and aware of what is to happen next. That *IS* classic Halo spawning. Compare this to "modern" Halo spawning and people can spawn basically anywhere depending on a bunch of variables that, while they can be managed in custom maps and gametypes, are all over the place in default settings.

This is no one's fault but his own, especially in a 1v1. If both players know the likely outcome is a spawn at that location, it's his mistake for dying while they were in that setup to begin with. The lack of risk for making mental mistakes is the reason we have the shitty spawn system we do now, not to mention sprint and AAs.

Defect

Yo. Just finished some more Halo Inspired music. This one is heavily influenced by Kazuma Jinnouchi's "Gravity". Here's a link if anyone's interested. :)

On a slightly related note, I also just finished writing the music that my fiancee will be walking down the aisle to in 3 months. So excited.

I will always enjoy your music.

-Ryn

Banned
Good games guys. Too bad we didn't get to get a shot at Lightning flag. Maybe next time.

But herein lies the incorrectness of the statement. It's not automatic. It involves them first losing the kill/battle/weapon struggle prior to the spawn. Then the other player needs to be in position and aware of what is to happen next. That *IS* classic Halo spawning. Compare this to "modern" Halo spawning and people can spawn basically anywhere depending on a bunch of variables that, while they can be managed in custom maps and gametypes, are all over the place in default settings.

This is no one's fault but his own, especially in a 1v1. If both players know the likely outcome is a spawn at that location, it's his mistake for dying while they were in that setup to begin with. The lack of risk for making mental mistakes is the reason we have the shitty spawn system we do now, not to mention sprint and AAs.
1v1 isn't as much of an issue since the player needs to traverse a good bit of the map. There is also usually cover nearby for the respawning player.

One battle shouldn't dictate a match though. You already lose your own weapons that you had and your opponent has a few seconds to get some ammo and even have a head start to other more powerful weapons. You don't always die from an error in judgement either. If you don't know where your opponent is and they were to say toss a grenade followed by a quick shot to the head, the only thing you can learn from that is to make note of potential attacks from that area.

Spawn killing is much worse for team battles though. Going into a match against an entire coordinated team usually leads to spawn killing which sucks. An entire match of fighting just get to cover is not fun. Having 4-8 different people shooting you the moment you appear is not fun. It is tedious and turns many people off from the game. A player shouldn't have to quit the game and go find another one because they can't do anything against the storm of bullets that greets them at every spawn. It's especially bad in objective where it can be exploited. Many times teams do nothing but spawn kill the entire match and not even score the damn objective. This is a problem that could be partially remedied through a change in the way objective games play though.

Knowing spawns and times should be rewarded. It shouldn't however create an unfair advantage that severely limits the other teams ability to fight back.

To me that isn't "classic" Halo. That was a flawed system that needed to be changed. The one we have now isn't perfect either and certainly needs changing, but I think it was a step in the right direction.

Akai__

which tweet?

I guess this one? Not sure. :/

Pretty interesting.

guys........

waypoint_kid.PNG

Waypoint posters do act like kids, huh?

Hyped at that tweet, but I'll believe it when I see it.

This is exactly, why this thread was closed 2 times now. Be a little more friendy to other communties and don't single out certain posters. Everyone has the right to be suspicious, about 343i plans. No need to believe them anything, until we see, what it is about.

Fritzster

Neo Member

You're gifted. Are you part of the note flight community? huge admirer of reviving lost art.

I will always enjoy your music.

It's good to hear! Thanks.

You're gifted. Are you part of the note flight community? huge admirer of reviving lost art.

Thank you! It's been years since I've notated anything on paper. I don't really see a point anymore since I can make everything sound so good with just samples and my computer. But I did start out doing notated stuff for band when I as in high school.

Last night was fun Halo brehs.

I only got "fubaaaaaaarrrrrrr"'d by ExWife once. I was consistently second to worst rather than worst every game.

Improvement!

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Have the Maps season pass.

Downloaded all the map packs on Thursday.

I have yet to see one new map.

I play Halo 3 every night. I have randomly met The Henery a few times now in MLG.

I'm playing without headset though, because I can't talk at night. :p

We've had some unfortunate match ups! First game you had bad teammates, I lagged out in the pregame lobby of that Narrows game and my boy went heavy neg in the pit game. Didn't realise you were the erstwhile Croatia.

Mistel

Banned
Welcome to Halo
And reach too as you likely won't see dlc other than within anniversary playlists.
Here

It's a site I made last year. It can be kinda wonky since it scrapes game data from the old bungie site...
but it works most of the time!
That's really cool site shame waypoint doesn't have something like that or even a good stats page in general.

Last night was fun Halo brehs.

I only got "fubaaaaaaarrrrrrr"'d by ExWife once. I was consistently second to worst rather than worst every game.

Improvement!

I just need to stop getting older, it's getting hard to stay up that late without absurd amounts of caffeine. The only thing I can play competently after 12:30 is Heavies.

I guess this one? Not sure. :/

Pretty interesting.

This is exactly, why this thread was closed 2 times now. Be a little more friendy to other communties and don't single out certain posters. Everyone has the right to be suspicious, about 343i plans. No need to believe them anything, until we see, what it is about.

The fact is that Most of That community thinks light shines out of every orifice and that they are the only community that 343 should listen to. The Posters, The mods, all of them are super biased. leading to dissenting opinions being banned from their community, and creating an atmosphere of "if you dont agree with 343, you dont belong there"

That CTF match where the rocket launcher spawns on the flags was just stupid and there is a extra one on the pelican without countig the spartan laser and the gauss hog.

I just need to stop getting older, it's getting hard to stay up that late without absurd amounts of caffeine. The only thing I can play competently after 12:30 is Heavies.

Yeah but playing with you guys is worth it.

Top Bottom