• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

darthbob

So how populated do you think Halo CE multiplayer will be? I mean, everyone is excited about original Halo 2 multiplayer (including me), and that's what's being talked up the most.... but honestly it seems to me like having Halo CE multiplayer over live is a really frickin big deal. Like maybe even more so than Halo 2 multiplayer.

I think it depends on the playlist and map rotations. Although I do think that it may peak early, with Halo 2 or 3 staying the most populated.

Not that I care though, it's gonna be 24/7 Danger Canyon, Timberland, and Death fucking Island for me.

GGs with Ryn last night and also with Storm, 36 Chambers, and Toa Tak earlier today.

I seriously need a mic. We need callouts like "On my X!" haha

GGs with Ryn last night and also with Storm, 36 Chambers, and Toa Tak earlier today.

I seriously need a mic. We need callouts like "On my X!" haha

It wasn't till Halo that I realized how vital having a mic is. Changed the game for me.

I really need to play with my fellow Gaffers. Feel like it'd be a good time.

Did shit go down?

E7jTg.gif

So how populated do you think Halo CE multiplayer will be? I mean, everyone is excited about original Halo 2 multiplayer (including me), and that's what's being talked up the most.... but honestly it seems to me like having Halo CE multiplayer over live is a really frickin big deal. Like maybe even more so than Halo 2 multiplayer.

I assume it might be one of the most underpopulated after the playlists stabilize. Its just so hardcore and most players(casual) will always play whats easiest to feel better =/ This might also be indication that H4 wont be as dead as some hope it will be. Its WAY easier to aim compared to 1 2 3 & possibly H2A due to no de-scoping & the heavy aim assist / bullet magnetism.

I'm thoroughly convinced TrueSkill is a myth after tonight.

Oh...

Nebula

I'm looking forward to 3 the most. It's the one I spent the most time with and had the most fun with overall. Probably my most played game on Xbox.

TCKaos

I'm thoroughly convinced TrueSkill is a myth after tonight.

Earlier me and another guy went something like 47-55 after a guy and his guest left after five minutes, getting 21 deaths between the two of them in that no time with no kills. It was insane.

Had they never been there we would have won by ten or so points. TruSkill was so bad that had we been at a blatant numbers disadvantage we would have done better than having such worthless teammates.

Source

It would be nice to have party chat blocked in Halo and Halo 2. They should only allow it in Halo 3, Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer maps. Also, is proximity chat going to be in Halo 2 proper?

-Ryn

Banned
It would be nice to have party chat blocked in Halo and Halo 2. They should only allow it in Halo 3, Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer maps. Also, is proximity chat going to be in Halo 2 proper?
No confirmation on that yet. I really hope we get it back though. I used to have a lot of fun taunting the guys on the other team when I was waiting for my ride in CTF. Best hide and go seem ever.

There was also the occasional weird conversation...

Finding out people never liked BS angel's updates was as shocking as when I heard many people hated the DS Zelda games. Thought they utilized their strengths well and that their communities would love their styles lol

And yes, I just compared BS angel and Zelda.

Finding out people never liked BS angel's updates was as shocking as when I heard many people hated the DS Zelda games. Thought they utilized their strengths well and that their communities would love their styles lol

I have to imagine her and Tashi share sister Coordinator positions that involve browsing GAF in a tropical getaway-themed cubicle and laughing as their IVs pump them full of their salaries.

Akai__

I play Halo 3 every night. I have randomly met The Henery a few times now in MLG.

I'm playing without headset though, because I can't talk at night. :p

I might be able to play for a bit later tonight. Depends on if Eugn and YourExWife are on I suppose.

And whether or not I want to get verbally abused by the latter for a few hours. Which is why he's my ExWife I guess.

-Ryn

Banned
I'm down to clown on some Halo 3 later tonight. Halo 4 is fine too.

ODST Firefight is the best Firefight. I was just doing it with a few friends and it's still a good time. Really challenging but fun. Anybody here still play it? I haven't gotten the vid master for Firefight yet.

Don't even have my 360 hooked up anymore.
You should hook it up so we can have some fun. What do you play now?

But she isn't blonde :p

So wait people didn't like BS Angel? I thought she was fine. I mean what didn't people like?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah I'll play 4 if there's a group going.

Kittens when are you playing H3? I need to drag my 360 out of the closet.

Fuchsdh

Depends on your writing style. I found bs angel (BS Angel? bs Angel? Online handles suck) kind of annoying; just not the tone I prefer for the bulletins. I think Bravo's a better fit. Similarly I'm sure lots of people had their favorite Bungie community managers; Frank and Luke are for me better than Urk and Deej, but I think little of it has to do with their objective qualities.

-Ryn

Banned
PC gaming until MCC comes around.
I sadly do not own a PC at the moment. Out of curiosity what games do you play on there mostly?

Depends on your writing style. I found bs angel (BS Angel? bs Angel? Online handles suck) kind of annoying; just not the tone I prefer for the bulletins. I think Bravo's a better fit. Similarly I'm sure lots of people had their favorite Bungie community managers; Frank and Luke are for me better than Urk and Deej, but I think little of it has to do with their objective qualities.
Makes sense. I remember reading the bulletins leading up to Reach all the time. I remember a lot of the time it being Urk or Deej. I think... I didn't pay much attention actually. Still though there is definitely a different style from each of them.

TheXbox

Deej is the worst. He seems like a cool dude but I can't stand how insincere he is. Too much PR shit spewing and empty teasing, everything he writes and says comes off as utterly manufactured. I'd like him more if he just loosened up a bit and played it straight.

Frank is GOAT for that position

Top Bottom