• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

So I kinda caved in and bought an Xbone haha. Decided to get the pack with Kinect and 4 games. Plus I got Tomb Raider on top of it. Figure I'll just sell or give away the Forza V and Titanfall download codes since there's no way I can use them myself

Paid the $50 for express shipping so it should get here tomorrow hopefully. Kinda excited

/random tidbit

Remember to download KI when you get it

I went back to halo 3 last weekend and man did it bring back some good memories. Unfortunately it also reminded me of just how bad the netcode is. What possessed bungie to remove hitscan in a non-dedicated server environment?

Booties

Banned
I went back to halo 3 last weekend and man did it bring back some good memories. Unfortunately it also reminded me of just how bad the netcode is. What possessed bungie to remove hitscan in a non-dedicated server environment?

I think it was because of the laser precision of the BR over distances in halo 2. Same reason grenades were useless in 4 after Reach. Knee jerking off all over my face.

Ghazi

Looks like I may be picking one up, too. It's immediately getting confiscated. Oh well, at least I'll have it.

Also, yes, KI is amazing.

m23

So I kinda caved in and bought an Xbone haha. Decided to get the pack with Kinect and 4 games. Plus I got Tomb Raider on top of it. Figure I'll just sell or give away the Forza V and Titanfall download codes since there's no way I can use them myself

Paid the $50 for express shipping so it should get here tomorrow hopefully. Kinda excited

/random tidbit

Which other games did you get aside from TF and Forza?

Forza 5 is the only decent racing game in a decade.

Congrats on the xbone get!

Very much disagree. The previous Forza games themselves were amazing, not even counting other franchises in the last decade.

Is it also the only racing game you've played this decade?
Have there been any good racing games lately that aren't Forza (and Mario Kart if you consider it a racing game?)

Need for Speed has never been good.

Gran Turismo is laughably bad.

Can't think of any other racing games. Blur and Burnout were bombas.

m23

Have there been any good racing games lately that aren't Forza (and Mario Kart if you consider it a racing game?)

What? You can't be serious. I agree NFS has gotten pretty bad, but "never been good"? I guess I can't blame you, still young.

Have you ever played GT?

Burnout franchise is awesome, and Blur was also great.

But then again, I forgot who I'm responding to.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Burnout Paradise is the GOAT

At least if you like arcade racers. I'm not really into sims, though I have nothing against them.

Halo 2

Banned
Burnout Paradise is the GOAT

At least if you like arcade racers

Agreed. I clocked over 100 hours in it, so awesome just driving around the the co-op challenges were a blast!
Criterions E3 concept videos seemed like they were trying to make a bigger version of paradise with more types of vehicles I HOPE IT HAPPENS

Stalp.

Stalp.

Stalp.

What? You can't be serious. I agree NFS has gotten pretty bad, but "never been good"? I guess I can't blame you, still young.

Have you ever played GT?

Burnout franchise is awesome, and Blur was also great.

But then again, I forgot who I'm responding to.
To be honest, I only like Racing Simulators and can't stand Arcade Racers aside from Mario Kart, so I'm pretty fucking biased and partial to Forza. :p

I didn't even like Project Gotham, and my opinions on DriveClub shouldn't even be listened to.

Nirvana

Need for Speed 3 was amazing, in fact all of the 'Hot Pursuit' titles were pretty sick. Burnout 3 was a great game with an even better soundtrack, and the Gran Turismo games, although not my cup of tea as far as racing games go can hardly be called 'laughably bad'. Forza is okay, a bit standard as far as the racing itself goes, but still good.

I'd say Need For Speed has gotten pretty cheesy for the most part, but the last Hot Pursuit title was fantastic by all accounts.

How old are you if you think Need For Speed was 'never good', it was 'the' fucking racing game back in the day.

Got nothing on Rock 'n' Roll Racing though...

Mistel

Banned
Burnout revenge, Sega rally and this:
wrcnifrj.jpg
For me racing game wise.

-Ryn

Banned
yea im drftink
Damn sorry I didn't manage to jump on. Sounded fun. For some reason my browser wouldn't show any new posts until now.

Stupid IPhone.

/random tidbit
Nice going Rosso.

There'll be some awesome games out soon enough. It's good that you waited so long. It's usually not a good idea to buy consoles at launch.

don't know it this has been posted yet.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku8qhZsy8Pc

I would love to see 343 give us similar missions, seriously this looks intense and gives soo much hype
That is amazing!

Why has this not happened in Halo yet (officially)!? Reminds me of how the Tip of the Spear initially seemed like it would be some huge epic battle only for you to veer off to some small firefight.

Striker

I think it was because of the laser precision of the BR over distances in halo 2. Same reason grenades were useless in 4 after Reach. Knee jerking off all over my face.
The ranges weren't all that different. But since Halo 2's used a tight spread, you didn't have your shots go all over the place.

Omni

Which other games did you get aside from TF and Forza?
The pack comes with Dead Rising 3, ACIV, Titanfall and Forza. Which isn't much variety because I'll have to get rid of most of them... But I will be buying the Game of the Year edition of Forza when it's released in a few weeks (as it should have all the updates pressed onto disc, right?) and have Tomb Raider to keep me occupied (plus I'll give KI a go as suggested above)

Until the Halo collection my Xbone is just gonna be a single player box, I think. Most of my friends still play Halo or BF4 on 360 and so that's where I'll be

fun fact. Xbone and Kinect with four games costs the same as an Xbone and Kinect and no games at the same store here in Australia :3

The way I see it is people on ps4 are paying more to get early access to worthless garbage.
FWIW, it's more than just items. MP map and a strike mission I believe.

Shame to see multiplats have parts of the game cut out and sold as exclusives to the highest bidder.

Booties

Banned
FWIW, it's more than just items. MP map and a strike mission I believe.

Shame to see multiplats have parts of the game cut out and sold as exclusives to the highest bidder.

It does suck, but the game has changed. Someday consumers will stop being idiots and brand loyal drones

Top Bottom