• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
And nobody's brought up the idea that they introduced DRM and immediately backpedaled to make us cherish a flaw-gone-feature that all consoles in the past haven't had to deal with?

and boom, trigger pulled.

73ZlsJU.png

Confirmed. Now we wait for the announcement. Microsoft was listening <3

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
MS just updated their Q&A from a while back with this
" Update on June 19, 2013: As a result of feedback from the Xbox community, we have changed certain policies for Xbox One reflected in this blog. Some of this information is no longer accurate " "

m23

I think we need to thank Sony as well as the gaming community for this. Never have I seen something like this happen.

Am I supposed to be impressed by 343's output and blindly purchase the next Halo box? Most of the things I'm interested in are multi-plat in one form or another anyway.

Much more interested in the X1 exclusives than the PS4's, and that excludes Halo.

-----------------------

What's slightly funny about this whole thing is that the most popular thing at E3, open world, connection games, blending of single and multiplayer will all be games that require an internet connection anyways.

That said, still genuinely surprised that this reversal.

Now I can buy Xbox one, play Halo 60fps edition with Plywood for a few weeks, sell it and bitch about it online, just like the good ol' days

I'm glad the rumors are true. I still don't have any plans to buy the system, but I may buy it in the future. Honestly, I still don't trust the company.

wwm0nkey

Quantum Break (Remedy, so will probably hit PC)
Titanfall (PC and apparently 1 year exclusive only)
Sunset Overdrive
Forza
Project Spark (I guess this counts?)
Black Tusk game(We have not seen shit on that at all lol)

Just putting my 2 cents in on how I feel about the above.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Quantum Break
Titanfall
Sunset Overdrive
Forza
Project Spark (although not really a game)
Black Tusk game
My take, not shitting on your interest, just from my POV:

I played some of Alan Wake and was not impressed so I don't care for Quantum Break.

Titanfall and Project Spark will both be on PC, Spark is also F2P.

Sunset Overdrive has an ugly artstyle and I don't care much for racing games though Forza is pretty.

Finally the Black Tusk teaser trailer makes me think it's some kind of Rainbow Six/Splinter Cell game so it doesn't seem to be offering much new if that's the case.

neoism

Wow! If this happens I'd be shocked. Legitimately shocked.

I'm going to be eating so much crow, I thought the protest and anger of gamers won't change anything! and it might have! No way. No way! :O

It doesn't make sense to me! Why would Microsoft do this? They're already "winning" per-say. They sold all the Xbox One they can at launch, removing the DRM and Always Online won't sell anymore when they already sold out.

This is so strange, and awesome!
lol Its nice they decided to wake the fuck up.... but what.

neoism

Goes to show they pulled this shit a gen to early next gen will be DD for sure and this wouldn't have been a problem...6-8 years from now that most likely wont be a problem anymore.. goggle fiber save us...
but still good for gamers but still not biting for a year or two at least fuck Kinect and fuck $500 will get a new PC and Ps4 instead.

I played some of Alan Wake and was not impressed so I don't care for Quantum Break.

Sunset Overdrive has an ugly artstyle and I don't care much for racing games though Forza is pretty.

Finally the Black Tusk teaser trailer makes me think it's some kind of Rainbow Six/Splinter Cell game so it doesn't seem to be offering much new if that's the case.

I don't get why people do this, it's like if I asked someone what exclusives there looking forward to on PS4 and replied with "Killzone? Meh not impressed, not interested in Killzone. Infamous? Meh ugly art style not impressed. Knack? Don't care for family games. Planetside 2? On PC.

I don't get the point if arguing exclusives vs exclusives, as it all really comes down to preference for each gamer.

lol Its nice they decided to wake the fuck up.... but what.

I was always awake?

Anyways, if Microsoft really doesn't see Sony "as a threat", then they aren't competing with Sony personally. They could care less if Sony sold 2 times what the Xbox One sold, the Xbox One sold all the supply it could. They "won" launch for themselves, they just wanted to sell all they could and they did. They technically lost to Sony, but they stated they aren't competing with Sony so why do they care?

BOOM. IT'S UP

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

wwm0nkey

I don't get the point if arguing exclusives vs exclusives, as it all really comes down to preference for each gamer.

Its not like we are trying to change his opinion, we are simply coming in with our point of view, which you just did as well. It helps people understand why you are not or are excited for that system or its games.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't get why people do this, it's like if I asked someone what exclusives there looking forward to on PS4 and replied with "Killzone? Meh not impressed, not interested in Killzone. Infamous? Meh ugly art style not impressed. Knack? Don't care for family games. Planetside 2? On PC.

I was always awake?

Anyways, if Microsoft really doesn't see Sony "as a threat", then they aren't competing with Sony personally. They could care less if Sony sold 2 times what the Xbox One sold, the Xbox One sold all the supply it could. They "won" launch for themselves, they just wanted to sell all they could and they did. They technically lost to Sony, but they stated they aren't competing with Sony so why do they care?

BOOM. IT'S UP

Because its called PR speak. Stop buying into their bullshit and look at what they do, not what they say.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

I don't get people who buy $100+ worth of clothing for a digital representation of themselves and yet here we are.

I was curious about what exactly had him sold on the device. Teasers for new IP's that don't show me much aren't going to capture my attention.

I'm happy over no used games restriction and no more online every 24 hours restriction, but if that means we lost Family Sharing and the ability to trade in and sell Digital Games, I'm gonna be a little angry. At the very least Microsoft should allow us to still gift games to our friends. :|

Seriously I hope we still get Family Sharing and trading in Digital Copies, they were the only 2 decent features the Xbox One had. Best of both worlds Microsoft, come on.

Just putting my 2 cents in on how I feel about the above.

Obviously we all have our own preferences. My first caveat is that I don't have a gaming PC, and don't plan on getting one anytime soon, so things coming to PC isn't really a factor for me.

I've seen nothing from EA or Respawn stating or hinting at Titanfall coming to PS4, just the internet making assumptions. Even if it does, it wouldn't come until at least Spring 2015. That's a long time for is my personal game of E3.

We know very little about Black Tusk, and that's why I put it last. According to what we've heard about the team and such, they plan on it being a major new franchise, and the fact that people like John Howard have worked on it gets me excited.

Like I said though, looking at the games on the platforms, I found myself personally interested in a number of X1 exclusives and didn't really feel that for the PS4. I've never really felt that in the past either. If people are going to call an Xbox a Halo box, then I'd call a Playstation a Naughty Dog box.

neoism

I was always awake?

BOOM. IT'S UP

I was taking about Microsoft but you sound like them just as much

Most likely.

Never forget.

http://i.imgur.com/Qf0kCRD.png

So much wasted potential.

Found that image on gaming side, not sure if it's serious or satire but I liked it and wanted to share. :P[/QUOTE]

facebook.com/xboxonerocks lol

It's probably something I would have rarely used. Sure it would have been cool for some people, but being able to freely sell and trade games is much more useful IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom