• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking away the "WOW CAN'T BELIEVE MICROSOFT LISTENED TOO US" feeling today after they announced the reversal, I have decided that I would have preferred the 24 hour check and no private selling.

Family Sharing was so good. From what I've seen, it was set to be one of the greatest innovations in a all digital gaming future. I was really looking forward to starting a family with GAF, and being able to play every single game because HaloGAF users would buy different things. :/

Plus being able to sell and trade Digital Copies was pretty nifty as well, imagine no longer having to be locked into a digital purchase. Plus private selling was still there but more complicated. Hey HaloGAF, I didn't like Halo 5 so I'll sell it! $40, game is $60 since it's launch, pay pal me the money and I'll give you the game, GAF GOLD and what not!

I don't know... I'm a little upset that we lost Family Sharing, it just seemed so good. I wish Microsoft would let us having Family Sharing for digital copies. :/ Please Microsoft. No blocking used games, don't limit retail, and don't require you to always be online, but digital copies can have family sharing, and still be able to be gifted and sold.

Yes but you realize Halo 4 had a 92% dropoff rate and the majority of people out there are actually very dissapointed in Halo 4 and are completely right in hating CallOfHalo4?

Their opinions on the game are just as valid as the 13 people in HaloGAF who still happen to like/slrp for a job 343I and Halo.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Yes but you realize Halo 4 had a 92% dropoff rate and the majority of people out there are actually very dissapointed in Halo 4 and are completely right in hating CallOfHalo4?

Their opinions on the game are just as valid as the 13 people in HaloGAF who still happen to like/slrp for a job 343I and Halo.

woah back up

halo 4s out of beta?

Stop doing drugs, you will post shit like this.

EDit : oh god speedy ... you can only be atroll saying this news made the xbox one look worse..

It's just... Family Sharing sounded so good. :/ Really imagine it.

Xbox One launch day, HaloGAF starts a family.

For Example, I buy Battlefield 4, You buy Call of Duty Ghost, Kyle buys Killer Instinct, Juices buys Watch Dog, Deadname buys Ryse, etc.

Everyone buys one games, and now we all "own" and can play them! We could plan out in this thread "Hey guys I want to play Ryse this week, can no one else play it?" and schedule who plays what when, etc. It would require effort but it would have been so good, and everyone can play games for cheap.

It was such a cool feature that's gone now... Family Sharing was honestly enough for me to give up my "consumer rights" and accept DRM and an always online check. :/

Booshka

For Example, I buy Battlefield 4, You buy Call of Duty Ghost, Kyle buys Killer Instinct, Juices buys Watch Dog, Deadname buys Ryse, etc.

Everyone buys one games, and now we all "own" and can play them! We could plan out in this thread "Hey guys I want to play Ryse this week, can no one else play it?" and schedule who plays what when, etc. It would require effort but it would have been so good, and everyone can play games for cheap.

It was such a cool feature that's gone now... Family Sharing was honestly enough for me to give up my "consumer rights" and accept DRM and an always online check. :/

Fucking lost it here.

Dead

Pop

Taking away the "WOW CAN'T BELIEVE MICROSOFT LISTENED TOO US" feeling today after they announced the reversal, I have decided that I would have preferred the 24 hour check and no private selling.

Family Sharing was so good. From what I've seen, it was set to be one of the greatest innovations in a all digital gaming future. I was really looking forward to starting a family with GAF, and being able to play every single game because HaloGAF users would buy different things. :/

Plus being able to sell and trade Digital Copies was pretty nifty as well, imagine no longer having to be locked into a digital purchase. Plus private selling was still there but more complicated. Hey HaloGAF, I didn't like Halo 5 so I'll sell it! $40, game is $60 since it's launch, pay pal me the money and I'll give you the game, GAF GOLD and what not!

I don't know... I'm a little upset that we lost Family Sharing, it just seemed so good. I wish Microsoft would let us having Family Sharing for digital copies. :/ Please Microsoft. No blocking used games, don't limit retail, and don't require you to always be online, but digital copies can have family sharing, and still be able to be gifted and sold.

What is wrong with you...

Changes were made for the better. Still ain't getting one. I'm a sucker for Halo, so maybe if H5 is what it should be, I'll pick up a Xbone then.

What is wrong with you...

Changes were made for the better. Still ain't getting one. I'm a sucker for Halo, so maybe if H5 is what it should be, I'll pick up a Xbone then.

I don't know man. Family Sharing just sounded so awesome... it was a positive that to me... outweighed all the negatives...

I can play and get so many games for free, legally, with Microsoft's Permission because my friend owned it. He and I could play together. I could play so many games for free because my friend buys more games then me, or vice versa. We could split the bill and oh my gosh it was just so great. Such a great feature, lost. So sad and I'm salty over it. :/

I really wanted to start a family/friend group with HaloGAF and we could perhaps share what games we were getting, so maybe we could all have every launch game available to us... it would have been sublime...

I wouldn't want to be in your family.

Well to be honest since most of my family members are getting an Xbox One, my Family Circle would legitimately be for my family. :p I wouldn't let HaloGAF users be in the same circle as my sister, father, my sister+her husband, and nephew. :p

But apparently you could have multiple families... I would love to have a real life family circle, HaloGAF family, and other sites family. Seriously would have been incredible.

Naughty Dog announces $328 Last of Us Tournament

"OMG"

"I'm hyped"

"the Citizen Kane of eSports"

"Step aside League of Legends"

If this tournenent is anything like that last one it will just suck. Hopefully it's a skill based tourney and not a time played based one

wwm0nkey

So is anyone here going to change their mind on XbOne now?

Indies are a pretty big thing to me so while I have changed my mind on never getting on to getting one eventually it will still not be my main and that is due to self-publishing policies which I made a thread about. Xbox One is already missing out on DayZ and Oddworld because of it.

.....Also none of you better try to legit say "But Xbox One has Minecraft!"

Omni

After watching some Xbox UI videos, I have to say that I'm actually excited about kinect. I don't want it shoved in my face for gaming, but it looks pretty damn good for dashboard navigation and voice commands.

It seems almost daily I'm switching preference over what console I want... Haha. I have the PS4 preordered, but the X1 looks pretty damn good after this announcement today. Now only if the specs were on par and I'd definitely buy it over the PlayStation.

Booshka

After watching some Xbox UI videos, I have to say that I'm actually excited about kinect. I don't want it shoved in my face for gaming, but it looks pretty damn good for dashboard navigation and voice commands.

It seems almost daily I'm switching preference over what console I want... Haha. I have the PS4 preordered, but the X1 looks pretty damn good after this announcement today. Now only if the specs were on par and I'd definitely buy it over the PlayStation.
Just buy the Xbox One, I can already predict you'll lean that way eventually. Let's get the theatrics out of the way.

It shouldnt be either. It should be WIN X games or Kill X enemies, and you get entered into a random drawing.

That way it encourages EVERYONE to play. Becauase you can play a few if you are good an be entered quickly or if you arent good you can still grind and eventually get in the drawing.

Having a skill winners tournament encourages 90% of players to say fuck it I wont win and not even turn the game on, a time based thing encourages the 90% with jobs and gf's and not cripping video game addictions to say fuckit I cant win I wont turn the game on.

J10

Banned

I think FyreWulff said it best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom