• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADS isn't being shoehorned into Destiny, the game is being built around it, and there was plenty of accurate shooting from the hip, or at least there would have been if someone besides Staten was playing.

Overdoziz

Banned
ADS isn't being shoehorned into Destiny, the game is being built around it, and there was plenty of accurate shooting from the hip, or at least there would have been if someone besides Staten was playing.
A game built around ADS sounds even worse. To me it seemed like Staten was trying to show that ADS wasn't necessary, but it didn't really convince me yet.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm sure it'll have something, highly skeptical of it being anything close to something as deep as Halo.

It's a loot game, and traditionally, those don't have great PVP modes.

Yeah, from the description they note "competitive multiplayer" so we'll have to see. I could see them having MP separate with no loot and just having matchmaking and custom levels like Halo. Entirely separate from the main game.

I know it's all but an impossibility, but I would lose it if Destiny had traditional, simple arena MP.

In Borderlands 1, the game have some arenas to play PVP competitive, In Borderlands 2 they remove it and added pvp for loot in MM I think, but its looks like in Destiny everyone gets loot according to their class and no one got his hands empty so its pointless to fight for loot. So maybe it will be arena areas for pvp.

Madness

I don't think you'll ever see equal starts from Bungie again. They really emphasized loot collection and weapon 'upgrades' in the demo. Plus from the leaked controller screen, we can see each class has special abilities.

So if you did want to have say a 4v4 match, you'll have some people be Titan, some Warlocks and I guess you could choose which weapons to use.

I'm guessing it'll be ADS/Armor Abilities during PvP. Seems to me like they used Reach to see what can and can't work in Destiny. I just hate ADS, and there is a reason I don't play CoD or Borderlands for multiplayer for a long time.

Let's see how it plays though. I think the menu showed Bounty, Strike, Raid and Faction Wars as the available nonstory modes.

Overdoziz

Banned
I doubt Destiny will have any real PVP anyways, so ADS is fine for a coop type game.
One of the reasons I like Halo campaigns so much is because you can jump and walk around quickly while still being to aim accurately. With ADS to trade in movement speed and agility in turn for better accuracy, something which simply makes combat less interesting for me. Gameplay footage so far seemed to suggest that shooting from the hip isn't quite as useless as in games like CoD or Battlefield, but it definitely didn't seem as effective as in Halo.

Sigh...

Yep, the family plan being the way it actually was isn't really surprising. It would make no sense to try so hard to block used games and then allow someone who buys a new game to give away 9 copies for free.

Yep, the family plan being the way it actually was isn't really surprising. It would make no sense to try so hard to block used games and then allow someone who buys a new game to give away 9 copies for free.

It would've made sense as the proverbial spoonful of sugar to make all the no used games DRM bullshit go down.

Amazon lets you add people to your Prime membership. Netflix and iTunes allow multiple devices to play the same content. It's not totally crazy to think that a company would look to replace the act of lending a physical game with a digital sharing system.

It IS apparently crazy to think Microsoft would do that. They weren't "pioneering a digital future" they were looking to take Xbox fans for a ride.

Woorloog

Banned
so now that the xbone policies are revised, who's getting it?

If they get rid of mandatory Kinect and make the console cheaper than PS4 since Xbone is less powerful, i can consider it early on, otherwise not. And they won't for sure.
That said, once... if its price drops low enough, or i get it cheaply enough (even with the fucking Kinect), i may get it in the future for Halos for their campaigns (and if the device gets other interesting scifi exclusives, Titanfall is not interesting being MP only).
PS4 will be my primary gaming device though, and i'll get it way before Xbone.

m23

This ain't Angry Joe! Where's the Angry (not at the beginning =P)
Relevant to the video:
79ebead889dbfc41ca7fdccdc003a90a-don-mattricks-first-draft-of-the-xbox-one-update-announcement.jpg

Don Mattrick's First Draft of the Xbox One Update Announcement (Parody)

LMAO

Fracas

#fuckonami
so now that the xbone policies are revised, who's getting it?

Not at launch, maybe in a few years if there's good Halo and a price cut.

Other than slight interest in Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive, there's not really anything I want on the system.

Overdoziz

Banned
PS4 for BF4, Destiny, The Division
PC for Titanfall, Watch_Dogs and Mirror's Edge 2, Black Flag
360 for Fable Anniversary
RIP the Halos

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
DayZ
ARMA
Any future DoubleFine game
Any Oddworld game
VVVVVV/Super Hexagon
Strike Suit Zero
a lot of other games rely on self-publishing and for Microsoft to ignore this is a BIG mistake that will cut them out of a lot of games.

Hopefully they change their policy on self-publishing, too.

DeadNames

Banned
part of me also sees them making Kinect optional. it will take some SERIOUSL revisions, as a lot of the system seems to be based on it. however, if they could easily switch up their drm policies. there's a slight chance of them dropping kinect.

Madness

It's like the BattlefieldGAF said here, they don't particularly like the campaigns, so I can see why Respawn dropped it as well. You could tell the campaigns were shit when they released Modern Warfare 2.

I'd rather have all the focus on multiplayer or coop like Spec Ops.

So TitanFall may not have as much 'content' as other games, but I think the gameplay is fast paced and intense. Can't wait to try it out.

I knew family sharing was too good to be true. Hopefully, more people consider XbOne now, but I can understand if they are hesitant. Microsoft shit the bed with this reveal and E3. Basically everything they announced or said was bullshit and reversed and this whole past few months was a waste.

Halo 5 (Halo One) probably a Q4 2014 release, so HaloGAF still has a long time to decide if they want an XbOne.

Woorloog

Banned
No clue, man. Sorry.

Too bad. I guess it would be too much to hope for a 100vs100 matches... I doubt any game is going to match Planetside 2's scope anytime soon (not that 100vs100 would be close to 666vs666vs666 of PS2).

The only moment when Titanfall looked good to me was when i saw that space battle in the trailer. Then it turned out to be just another ground-based FPS, with nigh-modern day equipment + mechs, which are no different from vehicles in Battlefields or Halos.
Very disappointing.

Tawpgun

Fucking called it! Tawpgun probably now feels really silly.
Nah. I was just going off of what they were describing. Now all I feel is relief they got rid of their policies. Turned out nothing they got rid of was of any worth anyway.

Traveling cloud library for digital titles is there.
Games that want to emphasize connectivity and shit can still do that.
If a game wants to be always online they're just gonna use the cloud.

Only thing we might miss out on is steam caliber sales, but they never said they were planning on reducing the costs of games anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom