• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

Lol, I get the sentiment. But it seems like the reduction in special abilities is going to impact the game.

I don't care about the other stuff much, and I don't buy special editions either, but I could see myself use the 1/4th reduction all the time. What if for one guy, it's bullet time, for the other character it's a burst of speed for sprint, etc.

Half the time, I'll just be dicking around, fighting cops, killing bystanders, could see these come in handy. This kind of game impacting shit is so dumb though. What if missions are easier now, etc.

Just wanted to know what you guys thought. GTA V is probably what I'm going to finish this generation with.

Ask yourself, is that really worth $90?

Lol, I get the sentiment. But it seems like the reduction in special abilities is going to impact the game.

I don't care about the other stuff much, and I don't buy special editions either, but I could see myself use the 1/4th reduction all the time. What if for one guy, it's bullet time, for the other character it's a burst of speed for sprint, etc.

Half the time, I'll just be dicking around, fighting cops, killing bystanders, could see these come in handy. This kind of game impacting shit is so dumb though. What if missions are easier now, etc.

Just wanted to know what you guys thought. GTA V is probably what I'm going to finish this generation with.

Mine too, unless blazblue CP would be released in november, no way I will buy COD in this gen.

Omni

I haven't had any sleep in the last 48 hours. So after going to the gym, I get home and attempt to wind down a bit. At this point everything is frustrating me (even my legs have this frustratingly dull ache). Because I have to work in a hour or so I don't have time to sleep and as such I think "Hey, I might play a few games of CTF in Halo 4. That sounds fun".

Well after a game of CTF on Settler against a full party, I finally snapped. Every single piece of bullshit that you can possibly think of was in this game. Ass-holes with hardlight shields running away when one-shot. People with camo. People with jetpacks. Being god damn spawn killed. Being team-shotted consistently. LAG. Incineration Cannons. Shotguns everywhere. SETTLER. Shitty teammates and shitty teammates who quit. It makes me question what the fuck 343i were thinking when they designed this shitty game. 6 months after launch and every single damn problem is still present. Oh, except for the boltshot. Good job patching that one 343i.

Campaign is decent, but everything else is such a step back. I'm done with Halo 4 entirely. Until 343i proves otherwise, Halo died the moment Bungie left. Even Reach was better than this Call of Duty degenerate.

img06541.jpg

Now to force my way through this 4 hour shift and then some sleep.
I'll probably regret doing that tomorrow... but at this point I just don't care.

The mature thing to do would be to trade it in, sell it, give it to a friend, or offer it to someone on GAF.

But trouncing is just as good.

Omni

Trounce V2!!!

eh, not entirely.

I've never been frustrated at a game like I did today and I don't plan to leave the thread. I'm 90% sure that was because of my lack of sleep. Usually I'd just turn it off... but I was especially frustrated with it. And yeah, I know. I've wasted $100AUD by doing so. But I didn't really get much use out of it anyway... and trading it in was all but worthless (got offered $12 for it at EB games here in Australia. Wooo...)

i mad 343i

wwm0nkey

So in other news Horizon has the Halo gametype editor out for free on the new version.

Also Promod customs need to happen soon.

TCKaos

So in other news Horizon has the Halo gametype editor out for free on the new version.

Also Promod customs need to happen soon.

The gametypes can just be exported on to a flash drive, right? You don't need to do any wacky shit? I remember someone was discussing the possibility.

wwm0nkey

The gametypes can just be exported on to a flash drive, right? You don't need to do any wacky shit? I remember someone was discussing the possibility.
Yup just put a gametype onto a USB, put it in Horizon, select gametype editor and that's it.

Madness

Damn reading Ghaleons slight update to his Halo 4 OT is just sad. Never noticed it before. It's like Halo 4 completely turned him off the series.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
1st hour in the game

DONT TALK TO ME IM ON VACATION ALRIGHT

WAKE YOU MADE YOURSELF A NEW FRIEND

YEAH? WHATEVER.

HEY WAKE, UR MY FAVORITE AUTHOR>

SUCK A DUCK LADY, I NEED TO GET A KEY IN A DARK CORNER

Halo bootcamp is a kinect based fitness game to get fat inheritor kids like juices back into shape it's pc only to remove the comfy couch. Over 10 gruelling mission players most lose enough weight and put on enough muscle to fit into a their spartan armor.

Halo Bootcamp. Finish the Fat

wwm0nkey

I think someone is working on a more advanced Megalo scripting program still but this is awesome.

Really hope 343 just gives us these tools next time.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I think someone is working on a more advanced Megalo scripting program still but this is awesome.

Really hope 343 just gives us these tools next time.

Yeah, some people over at Se7ensins are. They've already made some great gametypes with it, like Speedflag and Infection.

IHaveIce

Banned
Okok, so I have Horizon, is it possible to recrate Promod for example with this ? Or can I just change the stuff I can change on the xbox?

Say, can I change aim assist and so on?

wwm0nkey

Ok so the Horizon editor allows you to do a lot actually. If you guys want to test out your own ideas use it, here are some of the options

(YES THE PERK POWERS CAN ALL BE USED AT ONCE!)

j0NAZS6dWxfN0.png

jugJ6igHW0hpk.png

jbkEaHMIULRsax.png

(Turn speed = strafe?)
jbjLwMnZx4TzCd.png

(You can disable EMP!)
jbhSPDkZvtBVFp.png

http://i.minus.com/jXhgAKloZAA8E.png
jVLUa97C9iQZa.png

(Changing player size can either enlarge or shorten the hit box and make maps smaller or bigger due to player size, so if you feel your map is short just change the gametype to make the players a tad small)

EDIT: Also you can make new categories in the game as well so your gametype does not get put in the slayer list or ect. There are only 4 extra categories that you can use so keep that in mind.

DeadNames

Banned
The closest I've ever gotten to breaking a game was throwing something. Never actually broken one..

It's a shame what Halo 4 did to the Halo community :/

IHaveIce

Banned
It would be cool if you could modify the damage for each weapon seperately. No idea how to get a good 4 shot BR right now.

125% damge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom