• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

Not only that, but there weren't that many interesting plays either.

Right now though, things are getting interesting.
That missed Robbe shot
jbb1uRihy5p5ee.png

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So, I'm going to buy some games for my 360 soon, and I want to know what you guys think I should get. I'm trying to stay within 50-60 bucks.

So far I'm considering:

GTA IV + Episodes from Liberty City - Around 20 bucks

Crackdown 2 - Around 10 bucks

Prey - Around 20 bucks

Shadowrun - Around 10 bucks

Timeshift - Around 23 bucks

EDIT:

Also:

Fallout New Vegas - Around 20 bucks

Bioshock 2 - Around 15 bucks

Any suggestions or a combination of these I should choose?

Tokubetsu

So, I'm going to buy some games for my 360 soon, and I want to know what you guys think I should get. I'm trying to stay within 50-60 bucks.

So far I'm considering:

Prey - Around 20 bucks

Why would you want to buy Crackdown 2?

So far I'm considering:

Prey - Around 20 bucks

GTA IV is well worth the price
Timeshift has some great powers but its a terrible game
Shadowrun is unplayable now I think (servers got shut down)
Crackdown 2 is a poor mans Crackdown. Neither are exceptional Crackdown 1 is more fun
Prey is very monotonous and Pretty bad

Get GTA. Avoid the rest.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
GTA IV is well worth the price
Timeshift has some great powers but its a terrible game
Shadowrun is unplayable now I think (servers got shut down)
Crackdown 2 is a poor mans Crackdown. Neither are exceptional Crackdown 1 is more fun
Prey is very monotonous and Pretty bad

Get GTA. Avoid the rest.

Oh okay. How about Fallout New Vegas or Bioshock 2?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Not played either yet. I hear they are both inferior to the predecessors. I've played a big range of 360 games so if you want to know about anything else just ask.

Hmm, how about Red Dead Redemption or Battlefield 3? I have BF3 and the Back to Karkand pack on Origin, but my computer can't run it well. Would I have to get all the DLC to fully enjoy it?

Overdoziz

Banned
  • Prey for 20$? You can get that game for <5 easily. It's pretty neat if you're into slightly more old school type shooters , but not worth 20 bucks.
  • Shadowrun is dead.
  • Timeshift is not worth any of your money.
  • Fallout New Vegas is awesome. It has a more interesting world than Fallout 3. A lot of factions, more cities and towns and more meaningful quests. The size of the map and layout leave something to be desired compared to 3, though.
  • Only get Battlefield 3 if you have people to play it with. On your own it's not much fun.

Hmm, how about Red Dead Redemption or Battlefield 3? I have BF3 and the Back to Karkand pack on Origin, but my computer can't run it well. Would I have to get all the DLC to fully enjoy it?

Red Dead is pretty acclaimed. I struggle to get into it but its not a bad game in any sense of the word. I prefer BF:BC2 to BF3 but if you have people to play way its fun.

gAg CruSh3r

Fallout New Vegas is awesome. It has a more interesting world than Fallout 3. A lot of factions, more cities and towns and more meaningful quests. The size of the map and layout leave something to be desired compared to 3, though.

I want Fallout 4 now. I bought GOTY Fallout 3 and the ultimate edition for Fallout:NV

I'm almost done with Fallout 3 but I'm still trying to get all the cities.

Mix

• Prey for 20$? You can get that game for <5 easily. It's pretty neat if you're into slightly more old school type shooters , but not worth 20 bucks.
  • Shadowrun is dead.
  • Timeshift is not worth any of your money.
  • Fallout New Vegas is awesome. It has a more interesting world than Fallout 3. A lot of factions, more cities and towns and more meaningful quests. The size of the map and layout leave something to be desired compared to 3, though.
  • Only get Battlefield 3 if you have people to play it with. On your own it's not much fun.
5/5
I totally agree with every statement here. Over and I share a thought process.

Fotos

I tried to sell Prey to Gamestop a few years ago and they said it would be better if I just kept it because they would give me no money at all.

Check out Singularity, should be extremely cheap by now. Such an awesome, overlooked game.

Singularity was good.

Apart from that 'ticker' part. Where you fall down a hole, wake and have BILLIONs of those exploding tickers.

Wish it used more time travel elements though.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Fucking weird that after I posted that, I went to gaming and this thread was there.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=567285

Fuck Fallout: NV, I put like 25 hours in and got a corrupted game save. That engine is such a piece of dog shit.

tumblr_mb8r3dRNzQ1rubu62o1_500.png

Well, I've decided on GTA IV Complete and Battlefield 3 premium Edition (40 bucks is a steal compared to paying 20 bucks for the game and 60 bucks for the MSP). Future Shop also has used copies of Singularity for 8 bucks, so I might get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom