• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

tumblr_mb8r3dRNzQ1rubu62o1_500.png

Well, I've decided on GTA IV Complete and Battlefield 3 premium Edition (40 bucks is a steal compared to paying 20 bucks for the game and 60 bucks for the MSP). Future Shop also has used copies of Singularity for 8 bucks, so I might get that.

Future Shop eh? If you haven't played AC3 yet, toys r us has it for $19, just ask future shop to price match and beat by 10% and you can get it for $17. I know it won't be as good as AC2, brotherhood or revelations, but it wasn't a bad price.

I've got such a backlog of games built up myself. Arkham City 10/10, Red Dead GOTY, AC3 now, Far Cry 3 etc. Ridiculous how cheap games get after the initial few months, or even if you wait like a year.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Future Shop eh? If you haven't played AC3 yet, toys r us has it for $19, just ask future shop to price match and beat by 10% and you can get it for $17. I know it won't be as good as AC2, brotherhood or revelations, but it wasn't a bad price.

I've got such a backlog of games built up myself. Arkham City 10/10, Red Dead GOTY, AC3 now, Far Cry 3 etc. Ridiculous how cheap games get after the initial few months, or even if you wait like a year.

Hm, I already have Revelations, which I haven't really played that much, so I'll pass.

I get the worst XBL voice messages

13 year old kid from ... london maybe

"Hey my name is *incomprehensible* I'm filming a Youtube vid on Halo 4. You can't speak Spanish or Russian or Mexican or whatever you speak. *Person In Background "Nah he is to fat"* Must speak English. Uhhh Good day Solider"

kylej

Banned
Tried out Smartglass for the first time tonight. Kinda cool seeing things on your tv move around by touching your tablet but I'm not really seeing the benefit of it.

kylej

Banned
Yeah I guess. I don't understand the benefit. I see they have stuff for GoT with HBO's ipad app but.... if I'm watching GoT I'm watching GoT. I think an app would be cooler for the actual books. Like, finish a chapter and go to your iPad and you can see characters moving around the world on a map and different things occurring at different moments. I dunno. Lots of potential but nothing great yet.

Yeah I guess. I don't understand the benefit. I see they have stuff for GoT with HBO's ipad app but.... if I'm watching GoT I'm watching GoT. I think an app would be cooler for the actual books. Like, finish a chapter and go to your iPad and you can see characters moving around the world on a map and different things occurring at different moments. I dunno. Lots of potential but nothing great yet.

Yeah that's kind of how I feel as well. They have some nice content on there and I usually go back and look at it, but I don't want to pause the ep when watching to take a look at the storyboard for that scene or the costume a character is wearing.

What they should do though is have the world map up during the episode and it moves around to the different locations to fit the corresponding scenes. (And then have some info about the location and/or the characters in the scene)

Booshka

Shadowrun isn't dead, the servers aren't shut down. There are public games at all times of day. I play it all the time. Still plenty of people playing, probably has as much or more people playing than MLG Reach and Throwdown H4.

Stop lying and play it you scrubs.

So, I like the new Daft Punk album. It wasn't what I was expecting, and Im a bit bummed that that there weren't more crazy upbeat songs.. but anyways, I'm really into it now. Very good album, just very different from what I wanted/expected.

Mix

Sorry I never joined Tashi, I was supposed to get off an hour and a half ago, instead, I got off 2 minutes ago. 3am and a 12 hour shift, I do not like :(

Madness

Tell me this doesn't look good.

Don't lie

For America, yes it looks great. I wonder what it will be like for Canada? The first few years of launch, all we got up here were bullshit trailers for a few movies, some guild show crap, and viva pinata tv series, while you guys could download shows, movies, music etc.

Besides, I know it's just anecdotal, but I buy a system primarily for games. I never listened to music on my xbox, never watched videos or listened to music.

Is this what they're going to use to justify XBL price as well? I'll say it now, if Sony commits to free online multiplayer for next gen as well, with PS+ being their paid service, I'll all but buy ps4 day one.

Edit: Windows Metro UI is great and fluid. I've never denied that.

Ken

For America, yes it looks great. I wonder what it will be like for Canada? The first few years of launch, all we got up here were bullshit trailers for a few movies, some guild show crap, and viva pinata tv series, while you guys could download shows, movies, music etc.

Besides, I know it's just anecdotal, but I buy a system primarily for games. I never listened to music on my xbox, never watched videos or listened to music.

Is this what they're going to use to justify XBL price as well? I'll say it now, if Sony commits to free online multiplayer for next gen as well, with PS+ being their paid service, I'll all but buy ps4 day one.

i love viva pinata

Edit: Windows Metro UI is great and fluid. I've never denied that.

This is a screenshot of a PC running OpenELEC OS (running xbmc), with the Immersive skin.

Can I get that in Canada, eh?

As far as I know, geographic locality does not affect code compilation, but they might have to chose English (US) or English (UK).
eh?

--

In the process of building an HTPC (w/ OpenELEC), and if and when I get an Xbox One I will use it's HDMI input to have an XBMC within and XBONE.

Yo Dawg!

As far as I know, geographic locality does not affect code compilation, but they might have to chose English (US) or English (UK).
eh?

--

In the process of building an HTPC (w/ OpenELEC), and if and when I get an Xbox One I will use it's HDMI input to have an XBMC within and XBONE.

Yo Dawg!

I switch over to XBMC when the GF wants to have a movie day. its only negative is poor if any Netflix support.Xbox 360 controller support is great and all the neat little things its does + a nice UI. If it had a supported netflix app like the 360 version I'd use it much more. If you plan to play games at all This might be worth checking out

I switch over to XBMC when the GF wants to have a movie day. its only negative is poor if any Netflix support.Xbox 360 controller support is great and all the neat little things its does + a nice UI. If it had a supported netflix app like the 360 version I'd use it much more. If you plan to play games at all This might be worth checking out

I use my 360 for games, and XBMC (currently running on a Linux Mint desktop) via an HDMI matrix so I can switch to TV at the press of a button. No Netflix in Australia though.

TCKaos

So I'm watching to movie cut of Forward Unto Dawn and during the opening there's a brief scene where they're lined up at attention with their MA5Cs positioned in such a way that the cadets are holding the barrels pointed upwards diagonally nearly at face level with the cadet right next to them.

Is Corbulo like DeVry for space marines? I'm surprised they didn't die earlier.

Gui_PT

So I'm watching to movie cut of Forward Unto Dawn and during the opening there's a brief scene where they're lined up at attention with their MA5Cs positioned in such a way that the cadets are holding the barrels pointed upwards diagonally nearly at face level with the cadet right next to them.

You don't know how common sense works in the future!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

You mean at port arms?

Basically like this.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I guess, but it was literally pointing right at the cadet's face next to them, whereas every one I've seen has the rifle either pointed away or upwards in some way.

Corrected, I just woke up. It's port arms, not present arms. The infantry NCO in me should smoke myself.

I guess, but it was literally pointing right at the cadet's face next to them, whereas every one I've seen has the rifle either pointed away or upwards in some way.

Could be the angle of the image. Also, you have to realize this is a movie and not real life. But port arms can most definitely look like the barrel is aimed at someone's head depending on the angle the image is taken and the size of the weapon.

TCKaos

Corrected, I just woke up. It's port arms, not present arms. The infantry NCO in me should smoke myself.

Could be the angle of the image. Also, you have to realize this is a movie and not real life. But port arms can most definitely look like the barrel is aimed at someone's head depending on the angle the image is taken and the size of the weapon.

Possible. Given the fact that the MA5C is a bullpup and has a shorter visible barrel because of it could be what's making it look that way.

DesertFox

I use my 360 for games, and XBMC (currently running on a Linux Mint desktop) via an HDMI matrix so I can switch to TV at the press of a button. No Netflix in Australia though.

I was planning on building an HTPC running XBMC with the hopes of canceling my cable TV - getting OTA local HD channels and streaming cable content that's available from their sites using an aggregate add-on, but my test setup wasn't really working that great.

How do you use XBMC reliably for TV? Are you using it in place of or in conjunction with a cable box?

Talents

Banned
I don't understand. Saying that one guy wanting to have sex with another guy is gay is bannable?

You can't make jokes around here. Especially not when the word/meaning is about homosexuals. When I got banned for saying a word which people related to gays, I didn't mean it to offend anyone but of course everyone got pissy about it. Who knows, I could of been talking about the food.

This line kinda relates to lots of people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom