• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread is useless. Lost all meaning without the actual connection of the Halo and its community. We dont always wanna talk about Halo but sometimes we do. Other thread was the perfect mixture that we created.

Now both threads move at a snails pace and can occasionally be seen off the first page listing.

Bring back HaloGAF OT in gaming community section! BRING IT BACK.

Heres an idea mods if you get too many PMS about the thread, delete them. In the PM section there is a row of boxes that you can delete multiple PM's at once, its super easy! I'll create a tutorial if you cant figure it out or ask a team lead.

Hire Juices.

TheOddOne

Thread is useless. Lost all meaning without the actual connection of the Halo and its community. We dont always wanna talk about Halo but sometimes we do. Other thread was the perfect mixture that we created.

Now both threads move at a snails pace and can occasionally be seen off the first page listing.

Heres an idea mods if you get too many PMS about the thread, delete them. In the PM section there is a row of boxes that you can delete multiple PM's at once, its super easy! I'll create a tutorial if you cant figure it out or ask a team lead.

Hire Juices.
I said the exact same thing two pages ago.

Hire juices.

kylej

Banned
hgs

pkDoxMZoVoo.jpg

Hire Juices.
I have nothing more to add, but I agree.

Well actually I do. Deal with the offending posters, don't fragment the community.

Hire Juices.

Yeah, it doesn't feel good here. I mean, this is the ONLY subcommunity for a game not worthy of being in the Gaming Community section. That's a red flag. Certanily doesn't help the group become less insular and more inviting when we are tucked away. Ok, sure, mods have been moving more and more communities to the OT Community secction but us? Really?

What happens when the next Halo game comes out? We have a thread on Gaming? Then that gets moved to Gaming Community for a while. Then the people that end up making friends with those in the, now Gaming Community, thread get pointed towards this place where we discuss the things we would have done in between getting games or analysing news tidbits.

I already see people crossposting in both threads and it seems as though both of them are discussing the same content more often than not. What has been solved exactly?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm still confused why a Halo community got moved to OT. Are we not supposed to talk about Halo? Why is the thread slow now?

It doesn't seem like anything was really solved or even addressed. Now there's just two Halo threads inching along.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Hire Juices.
The people that sent PM's complaining didn't contribute to the thread anyway.

I bet it was all the HGS jokes

The horrible HGS jokes

HGS arent joke posts. Theres actually a group out there I think.

Whereas the french jokes...Those are actually supposed to be funny, yet arent. Cause Europe and any other place is like 10 years behind America in humor.

Gui_PT

HGS arent joke posts. Theres actually a group out there I think.

Whereas the french jokes...Those are actually supposed to be funny, yet arent. Cause Europe and any other place is like 10 years behind America in humor.

Yes, please stop the french jokes. Yes you. You know who you are.

Gui_PT

Pretty sure "Elzar jokes" are just terrible/true facts and maybe we should message a mod about this? Probably won't make a difference but it's worth trying

Hire Juices.

Sadly yes,what we can talk about it if the mods stripped us our main reason to gather and talk even the Halo 4 OT is slowly becoming Halogaf and less Halo 4 OT just look at the users talking about playing modded games.

Madness

But on a related note, what did they mean that people from other communities complained or said this is 'from the Halo thread'. Outside of HaloGAF, who even knew who what was written or what we discussed? There's like a dozen games communities just as active and I couldn't tell you a single thing they post.

The thread was really hostile with new members who tried to make a normal discussion or maybe because the thread got some news before the gaming section unrelated to Halo.

TCKaos

Nobody stopped you guys from talking about Halo. This is a HaloGAF OT. You talk about Halo and then other shit about each other. The Halo 4 OT is for people who want to talk about Halo without talking about the inner workings of this weird and insular HaloGAF phenomenon we have.

How did this thread lose its connection to Halo? We're still HaloGAF. Did moving from one subheading to another fundamentally change us in some way?

Should have been specific about the issues. Ban the offenders. Or if people were complaining hard about nothing tell them to deal with it and or fuck off. We can't control individual members here.

Shadders

Nobody stopped you guys from talking about Halo. This is a HaloGAF OT. You talk about Halo and then other shit about each other. The Halo 4 OT is for people who want to talk about Halo without talking about the inner workings of this weird and insular HaloGAF phenomenon we have.

How did this thread lose its connection to Halo? We're still HaloGAF. Did moving from one subheading to another fundamentally change us in some way?

It's not the same though, is it? It doesn't feel the same. It feels like a weird HaloGAF proxy.

And are we really so insular? I've never really seen the threads get hostile to newcomers. Unless they're dicks, but that's not discriminating against new people, it's discriminating against dicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom