• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
I think it's "Bad Version" and "Cannot download *****.dll".
That's means that your Arma 2 (OA) or DayZ is outdated. If this isn't the case you should go to DayZ commander settings and check the box next to "Replace original Arma2OA files with Beta so Steam works". That's what fixed it for me.
If it says you can't download a file you can usually just click OK and it'll work anyway.

IHaveIce

Banned
It's because making a absolute new engine makes no sense any way you look at it, unless the engine is in a terrible state codewise that can't really move forward, and even then it can be more feasible to fix it then replace it. It doesn't make sense in terms of money, time, energy, etc, and there's no benefit. Usually it's harmful
Saying there is a new engine sounds great on message boards, but that's not the reality of it.
I absolutely agree though we consumers don't know the limits of the engine or if it is the limit of the hardware that sometimes stops develope process. If the engine is good and can be improved and adjusted without scrapping something -keep it.

The AI could get serious improvements in Halo and If halo 4's campaign problems were caused by old hardware I see no need for a new engine

Halo will probably never get a fullfledged new engine.

Either Bungie or 343 explaibed why they won't risk it, they are really scared messing up the old core gameplay (hehe halo 4)

Also hire juices, if he wants to make reach 2.0 fire him.

To be fair, Bungie and 343 both showed that they can evolve the Halo engine into something that seems completely new. Halo 4 seems almost entirely new..well visually.. there are a ton of holdouts from Reach that are very obvious.

If anything, I could maybe see Halo integrating itself with another engine/solution type thing to boost performance in an area.. I always thought Halo getting the Euphoria engine for simulating destruction and death physics would be great.

senador

Banned
I absolutely agree though we consumers don't know the limits of the engine or if it is the limit of the hardware that sometimes stops develope process. If the engine is good and can be improved and adjusted without scrapping something -keep it.

The AI could get serious improvements in Halo and If halo 4's campaign problems were caused by old hardware I see no need for a new engine

To be fair, Bungie and 343 both showed that they can evolve the Halo engine into something that seems completely new. Halo 4 seems almost entirely new..well visually.. there are a ton of holdouts from Reach that are very obvious.

If anything, I could maybe see Halo integrating itself with another engine/solution type thing to boost performance in an area.. I always thought Halo getting the Euphoria engine for simulating destruction and death physics would be great.

Evolving a codebase is generally how its done. If you start over, you throwaway years and years worth of work. You can't just duplicate it again real quick and have a better one. It generally makes no sense to do so. Upgrading, changing, advancing, the codebase/engine is the way to go.

If they were to change to Unreal or something, that's one thing, but even then they'd probably keep a ton of what's already there.

TheOddOne

ibIjQsNzkVWEj.gif

GAF killed HaloGAF. RIP.

No lie, in high school my spanish name was Aguila (eagle) because I hadn't grown into my nose yet and it was big.

In High School I stole my spanish teachers chalk and erasers, which would cause her to have to leave and borrow some from next door. Then we'd hide something else. Finally I had bought a remote and synced it up to the brand of tv and vcr my school used so I would always mess with the teachers when they put videos on.

Also a wicked brutal fight happened in our spanish class dude had to have thousands of dollars of reconstructive facial surgery. We had a sub at the time and she was freaking out and noone had any idea what to do.

Omni

Any HaloGAF people play it regularly?

Also is there a complete edition w/ all the DLC included?

There's a Premium edition that includes all five map packs as well as additional weapons, dogtags, camos and challenges. It's a tad more expensive than the standard edition but its worth it. The amount of content Dice has put in that game is amazing.

Fotos

There's a Premium edition that includes all five map packs as well as additional weapons, dogtags, camos and challenges. It's a tad more expensive than the standard edition but its worth it. The amount of content Dice has put in that game is amazing.

Premium also includes beta access to Battlefield 4.

Akai__

I heared I can learn spanish in this thread, is that right?

How do you say "RIP in peace HaloGAF" in spanish?

:'(

kylej

Banned
My name in German class in HS was "Detlev", and I remember asking the teacher on the first day, "Isn't Detlev a Russian name?" and she shrugged her shoulders and went over to name the next kid.

High school.

Wtf you got re-named in language classes?

We had to take french for a year or 2. Only thing I remember from it is one Romanian kid setting a middle eastern girls head on fire with a lighter and some deodorant. I'll never forget that awful smell after pretty much all her hair and head scarf were burnt

DeadNames

Banned

We had to take french for a year or 2. Only thing I remember from it is one Romanian kid setting a middle eastern girls head on fire with a lighter and some deodorant. I'll never forget that awful smell after pretty much all her hair and head scarf were burnt

holy shit.

Defect

Some dude set my friend's hair on fire and then he repeatedly smacked her head to extinguish it. She freaked out and the teacher didn't notice.

Teachers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom