• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

heckfu

Banned
No problem, I like to stress to people repeatedly that we are all living in a once in a lifetime market for housing. You absolutely have to get into a home if you can do it. Once the 10 year treasury starts rising, forget about it.

My mortgage isn't important, but what's important is that I locked in at 3.125% fixed over 30 with a floating rate. So sick.

Always trust the guy with the chart.

Charts, Jack Donaghy approved!

NBC-Chart.jpg

kylej

Banned
Juices don't you live in Buffalo? A co-worker who just sold his mother's house for 33k up there. You should buy son. Build yourself a nice farm right in the middle of the Love Canal.

Buffalo is weird. Goes from low end, ghetto like houses, to some really nice houses. My buddy flipped a 55K house. I live in Amherst though houses are closer to 300-400 there. Constantly being ranked as one of the safest cities in America.

However I wouldnt want to be tied down here to a house. I'm likely moving anywhere soon.

Buffalo is weird. Goes from low end, ghetto like houses, to some really nice houses. My buddy flipped a 55K house. I live in Amherst though houses are closer to 300-400 there. Constantly being ranked as one of the safest cities in America.

However I wouldnt want to be tied down here to a house. I'm likely moving anywhere soon.
Sounds more like it.

Yep, median house value where I live 522k, sounds about right.

Cheap livin!

Tip number 2: don't do something you love, do something that is going to be secure for your lifetime. If I did something I loved I would be a music teacher or something like that but I figured that being good at pharmacology would pay off in dividends. Now my student loan payments are through the roof, but I knew what I was getting in to.

+1

When I was in my early 20's and art school didn't work out I went to cosmetology school. I had a day 1 job with my barber who trained me. I got destroyed by my friends.

Until they all started partying at my place, having me put them on VIP in the NYC clubs through all my hookups etc.

Then I used that money to go to computer school. I own my house at 41, no mortgage and work from home half the week.

I was killed on moving from the city to PA too, now all those same people have 25-30 years on their mortgage in their 40's...

Always have something you can fall back on to make some green.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Tip number 2: don't do something you love, do something that is going to be secure for your lifetime. If I did something I loved I would be a music teacher or something like that but I figured that being good at pharmacology would pay off in dividends. Now my student loan payments are through the roof, but I knew what I was getting in to.

That's shitty advice.

I'm making video games because it's my dream.

YOLO

Rev3rb

Major in something that will keep you secure. Minor in something you love.

Example:
Computer Science
Game Design

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah, I'd rather do something I loved and earn a middle-class wage than do something only to get rich.
Well it is not about becoming rich, it is about something that will keep you on your feet and that you are also prepared financially if something bad unexpected happens.

Heckfu's tips were really good.

Akai__

That's shitty advice.

I'm making video games because it's my dream.

YOLO

That's a special case, because it's a well payed job and you combined it with fun/your dream.

I think heckfu's example, with the music teacher thing, was a very good explanation.

Even if it's fun, there is a chance, that you won't be satisfied money-wise, with what you are doing.

I think the only thing marring Amherst's reputation was the bike path rapist but they caught him.

I think we're about a year apart. Squidhands, though, jesus.
I may be old, but I can still keep up. Saw Paul McCartney and Soundgarden last week (separately, of course).

Also, you'd think that living so close to Mexico would make their hosting games not so bad, but my god it's terrible.

Ghazi

Is this the new EspañolGAF |OT| ?
Hola mi amigo, me llamo Juan.

Xbox Juan.

Edit: Ah Kyle, Yo me preocuparé por la compra de una casa cuando sea mayor. por el momento no voy a preocuparse demasiado sobre él!

Thank god iDevices let you use special character variations like letters with accent marks, my OCD would've killed me if I had typed all that without them.
Thank you though, dat graph is sexy :p

Risen

At one point I emptied an entire DMR clip into a guy who was standing still, then he magically teleported behind me and melee'd me to death. :-\

Hah... last night, I animated a guy and halfway through the animation he dissolved, ended up behind me, and animated me instead.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

.-. Houses where I live are like 700-800K.

I'm in college now, so I don't know how solid this advice is, but I'll say this. Whether in high school or college, put yourself out there and network like mad. No one wants to hire/work with a shut in. Meet people. Connect with them. I regret not doing that in HS, but I'm trying to correct it now that I'm in college. Knowing people is ridiculously important.

Thats a key factor when you cant get a job by traditional means, the world is really small and a never regret asking for help.

.-. Houses where I live are like 700-800K.

Crap, that much?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Just curious about what the remnants of HaloGAF plan on getting. PS4 or Xbox One? Like based on what we know right now.

PC.

I started buying some parts and saving some money before the PS4 was announced even, and I was worried I would be screwed with a crappier PC than the yet-to-be-announced consoles.

Now I'm only spending like 400 dollars and getting a PC better than both. I don't need a Halo to TV converter anymore.

Just curious about what the remnants of HaloGAF plan on getting. PS4 or Xbox One? Like based on what we know right now.

Day one? hell no, my competitive spirit was dead for so long to go play ps4 and go full fighting games. Xbox One have some pretty interesting services only for NA and feels really stupid to pay for services I wont use it because my goverment wont allow MS to include it and mostly me and my friends usually lends games to each other, now I have to pay to use and used game that will costs $100 here.

Maybe I will buy an Xbox One in the release of Halo 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom