• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

Anyone else find it weird that GTAV is current gen only? It'll be the last game I buy for the 360, but a couple of months later and we won't be able to play it on the next gen consoles. Just seems like a waste.

Perfect way to end the console generation IMO... One of the most hyped and probably best AAA games we'll get will close it out.

Probably have a solid 2+ months of playing it every day before the new consoles come out. Though I agree that it'll have a short shelf life for current gen.

I believe when Rockstar announces the PC version, we'll get the next gen versions as well. As it is though, we haven't seen what will launch for Xbox One or PS4, I'm pretty sure I'll still be playing Halo 4 at that point as well.

Nebula

Just curious about what the remnants of HaloGAF plan on getting. PS4 or Xbox One? Like based on what we know right now.

PS4. Cloud can float off for all I care.

Quoting from page 23 because clicking last page took me there. Welp.

Shadow Complex > Halo 3? Hell naw.

Shadders

Anyone else find it weird that GTAV is current gen only? It'll be the last game I buy for the 360, but a couple of months later and we won't be able to play it on the next gen consoles. Just seems like a waste.

I'm sure it will be on next gen too. I'd put money on it being shown at either the Sony or MS E3 conference.

Sorry Barrow, I read Booshka's post before yours and gave it away elsewhere. :(

I would be shocked if they didn't port it to the new consoles. GOTY edition at least.

I am so bad in throwdown. If I stop worrying about k/d the game is so much better. The other day I broke down and had a camo/stealth/AA efficiency loadout. I owned every match.

Then I was sad.

Vico

I'll also share this here.

"Forerunner world research" from Sparth:

tumblr_mnkohs4DsQ1r5ajivo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mnkohs4DsQ1r5ajivo2_1280.jpg

I'm really surprised, because it seems like we get to discover some new Halo 4 concept arts every single week. Wonder when will it stop.

Shadders

Have they closed the Halo 2 Vista servers?

Last I heard they were being kept open until June, but I just tried and can't connect. Is it just me?

Mix

RTX 2013 Ticket available.
I have one extra RTX 2013 ticket. My girlfriend has to work those days so she cant go as intended, so, lets have at it! Who is in Texas that would like to go to RTX with me and another HBOer? I live 30 minutes south so I don't have an extra plane ticket but if you're in the area then maybe we can go.

neoism

Picked up MW3 this week, its pretty shocking to see the type of numbers this game pulls when it was released in 2011. Off peak time it was still over 50k. Amazing.

gotta say never thought I would get another COD.. I HATED blops 1, but got blops 2 on the ps3 because my cousin in Oregon I hadn't talked too or heard from in 15 years asked me too... I've played more than Halo 4 so far, even though zombies isn't really my thing is fun ever once in awhile and the multi is pretty good, he even gave be the season pass for free.. Never thought I would have more fun from COD than Halo well more fun than H4 isn't really hard to do...

daedalius

I'll also share this here.

"Forerunner world research" from Sparth:

I'm really surprised, because it seems like we get to discover some new Halo 4 concept arts every single week. Wonder when will it stop.

Its all in the art book, but there is a lot.

Too much time on concept art, not enough time in editing. AAs, perks and flinch should've been gouged the fuck out early in development.

art team and dev/gameplay team are obviously the same.

Nebula

gotta say never thought I would get another COD.. I HATED blops 1, but got blops 2 on the ps3 because my cousin in Oregon I hadn't talked too or heard from in 15 years asked me too... I've played more than Halo 4 so far, even though zombies isn't really my thing is fun ever once in awhile and the multi is pretty good, he even gave be the season pass for free.. Never thought I would have more fun from COD than Halo well more fun than H4 isn't really hard to do...

It has been like this since Reach for me. I play CoD almost daily. I play Halo 4 maybe once a week and when I do it's usually to play in ways that aren't normal. It's funny that a few years ago I was saying CoD would kill itself and Halo would maintain it's popularity and maybe grow. It ended up flipping on me.

daedalius

Nah, lots of concept arts aren't (unless there is another Halo 4 art book that I've never heard about).
I don't know about those two in particular, though.

Most of those are on page 13.

I guess I haven't seen many concepts that aren't in the book.

Sai-kun

Banned
Hey y'all, mildly relevant to this topic! Alvin Risk (who did the fantastic Nemesis remix on the Halo 4 OST) just put out a free EP called JUNKFOOD. If you liked his remix, you will definitely like the EP. It's just 4 tracks, but they're all super sick. Bit of dubstep, bit of drum n bass, bit of electro house.

You can download it at http://alvinrisk.com/ :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom